Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bag storage facilities at the Valley or near

Hi everyone,
lifelong Charlton tragic living in Australia for the past 23 years, stopping over in London for 24 hours on the 18th of February 2017 for the home game against the powerhouse known as Oxford united FC.
Will have to race back to Heathrow straight after the game to catch a flight to the middle east, and therefore will have a cabin bag with me.
Presuming I will not be allowed to bring the bag inside the stadium
- understandably as it will be packed (the stadium that is) I was wondering, are there any places in or near the stadium where I can store a small bag for the duration of the game?
Please help...
All creative idea would be considered.

Comments

• It depends where you are coming from on the day of the game?

Quite a few stations on here have left luggage drop offs.

https://www.left-baggage.co.uk/

• Ask the club. They might store it for you.
  • iainment said:

Ask the club. They might store it for you.

I can imagine that very request mobilising Keohane into calling in an extra 700 thugs from centre circle, the police, the army and NATO for fear it may be something associated with CARD and a potential attack :smiley:
  • Just tell them it's full of Vol-Au-Vents.
  • edited December 2016
    I doubt they'll care about what's in your bag, brought in a full duffel bag of clothes before as I had landed at City airport 45 mins beforehand and they just asked to check it. He opened it took one look at my 4 day old boxers and socks and waved me through
  • I've never had a problem taking my cabin baggage (albeit a rucksack) into The Valley. Stewards look into the bag and once they see (and smell...) its full of clothes, there's never been an issue. Not tried it since the protests started and make sure you're not packing any Werther Originals - they make the stewards go full on feral.

Might be an idea to email the club, just don't count on a reply!
  • There's a lot of baggage at The Valley so you probably won't even get noticed !! :-(
  • PM me Lenny, I live locally.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just store it in Roland's locker, he won't be using it.
  • Back off Rodders - I painted that grafitti you are using on your moniker!
  • If it's only hand luggage I'm sure you'll be able to bring it in. If about 5,000 small pigs can be brought in undetected I'm sure you'll manage a single bag.
  • Hi everyone,
    lifelong Charlton tragic living in Australia for the past 23 years, stopping over in London for 24 hours on the 18th of February 2017 for the home game against the powerhouse known as Oxford united FC.
    Will have to race back to Heathrow straight after the game to catch a flight to the middle east, and therefore will have a cabin bag with me.
    Presuming I will not be allowed to bring the bag inside the stadium
    - understandably as it will be packed (the stadium that is) I was wondering, are there any places in or near the stadium where I can store a small bag for the duration of the game?
    Please help...
    All creative idea would be considered.

There is about 20 thousand spare seats just stick it on one of them.
  • I should imagine you'll be fine as long as you take the lid off it. ;)
  • Thanks everyone, and yes, I emailed the club, I would live you all to guess the results...
    'Cardinal sin' may take you up on it (sounds like Tinder already)...
  • No problem Lenny, let me know nearer the time.
  • Thanks everyone, and yes, I emailed the club, I would live you all to guess the results...
    'Cardinal sin' may take you up on it (sounds like Tinder already)...

They asked if the bag would like to be interviewed for the next manager's job?
  • I used to entertain clients in the corporate facilities and I have had a few turn up at games with bags and all sorts where they have come from work or they were going on somewhere after the game. The club always let me store the bags in reception.

I know the owners are different now but before you start putting too much into this the easy option might worth pursuing first and ask them.

• Thanks Eaststandmick and all the others for some great suggestions. As for the managerial position, the bag is a present from an Aussie rules fanatic so should be a piece of Waffle ...