Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karl Robinson wants to meet protesting fans

Was in a petrol station last night in lee and Karl Robinson drove in, didn't want to bother him but though id go and say hello and shake his hand.
I said to him I just wanted to say hello as I'm a big Charlton fan, he then asked if I was one of the good ones or bad ones in a jokey way. I told him that I do help out with the protests and he responded by saying that he really wants to meet us and understand why we are protesting because from what he has been told by the owners they are doing a good job. He kept stressing that he wanted to meet the people protesting.

I couldn't really get a word in edgeways with him, but he talked about Chris O'Laughlin and stressed that it was his choice to keep him here (felt that was odd for him to bring up as I hadn't) He then said "you know he's not going to sell the club"

I asked him if he had seen the emails, he said he hadn't.

He then said that Roland admitted to him that when he bought the club he did not understand English football. (don't know what's changed because he has seen at most 2 matches live since?)

He also stated that he was very ambitious and wants to get into the premier league and he feels that he is now at a club that can achieve that. He said that Roland has the funds to back us in the premier league.

Came across as a really genuine guy, don't doubt that he believes what he's saying, but obviously does not know all the lies we have been told for the past 3 years and what has driven us to this point. From meeting him I doubt that he would take any crap from the owners, but who knows {...}

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2016
    Did you ask him if he'd listened to GTKTN?
  • Options
    Well there is the open invitation, sure he'll invite @Addickted2TheReds, @Davo55 and others down to Sparrows Lane in no time...
  • Options
    No, wish I had. Asked him if he had seen the emails, he said he hadn't but Roland has admitted to not understanding English football when he first bought the club. So he obviously knew about the emails.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

But they are not doing a good job and he will sell

I hope you are right. After all, RD is hardly going to tell someone he is trying to recruit for the most important role (well, it would be at "normal" clubs) that he might be off like a robbers dog any minute now.

• Options
    well done CAST
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    castrust said:

CAS Trust has written to KR offering to meet him and explain more about the protests

castrust.org/2016/12/our-offer-to-meet-karl-robinson/

Great work
  • Options
    As stated earlier, they are doing a very poor job and he will sell if he can get the price he wants (Why else do they keep saying they are not going to sell everytime someone speaks to them?)
  • Options
    castrust said:

CAS Trust has written to KR offering to meet him and explain more about the protests

be interesting to see if Katie let's him meet you and if she does whether she will let him attend alone
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    castrust said:

Let's hope he says what he means and will take up the trust's offer. I'm sure it won't go down too well with the senior management team.

I can see this fella going the same way as Bob Peeters. Attractive football but not scared to tell people what he thinks.
  • Options

If he claims not to know why people are protesting then he's either lying or an idiot

Exactly. Offered a job at a club where he knows there's immense discord with fans and there has been numerous managers over a short space of time, but doesn't bother to find out what's behind it all before accepting?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The penny will drop when he agrees to sell Lookman and then gets hardly any money to re-invest in the team
  • Options
    He then said "you know he's not going to sell the club"

of course he's not Karl ;-))
  • Options
    Katie will arrange the meeting with "certain" fans so that Bernie can complain that her Vol-au-Vents arent being cooked properly!!
  • Options
    A meeting has already been arranged with the East Kent mob, so he will find out then, nothing to worry about with regards to protest, it is only disgruntled ex employees.