Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A Christmas CARD advent calendar (Day 25 *FINALE* Page 25)

1212223242527»

Comments

• Options
    just caught up with the last few. Thanks Nug, some new clips previously unseen and some fantastic memories revisited. Roland has underestimated what he is up against. It's just a matter of time. We will win, we will get our Charlton back.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Just watched that last one again, and that one got me I had to leave the family for a bit there, while I went into the lounge to sort out "something in my eye."
    Thanks Nug, an absolutely tremendous piece of work you have done there.
  • Options

PS. Should have added a wee blanket over the pig in the final frame as a seasonal touch ;-)

You have a blanket specifically for when you go for a wee?
  • Options
    @Nug, a truly wonderful experience. You fully deserve all the accolades you've received from us fellow Lifers.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited December 2016
    Brilliant. So many great players. So many great goals. Great to be reminded why we love the club & the football. A club that strives to be the best it can be & do things in a good way. Never settling for mediocrity. This is why the Duchatelet project will fail. It is against the spirit & values of the club & its supporters.

My New Years wish for 2017 is that ambition, hope, & striving for excellence can be renewed to Charlton Athletic Football Club.
  • Options
    Great work all month @Nug capped off with this stunner.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

I'm missing the calendar today!

For me, this is a strong candidate for thread of the year.

Indeed, by a mile.
  • Options
    Any chance of putting all these together along with other videos of the various protests on a DVD to perhaps raise funds towards the upcoming protests. Am sure there would be plenty of takers.........absolutely brilliant, thanks Nug.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2016
    Just seen that there has been a 12 days of Christmas on the Official Site.

Presumably this is in reaction to the advent calendar.

I saw a day 11 of 12 days of Christmas dated 24th December.

Presumably someone researched the fact that in the 12 days of Christmas start on 25th December and go through to end of 5th January which is when your Christmas decorations should come down?

(Edit changed 6th to end of 5th)
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    @Nug. As this has gone so well, Is there any chance you could do an 'alternative' advent Calender for next year. I was thinking perhaps doing one a month showing the 'cock ups' the regime has made in that particular month.
    You should get plenty of material, judging on their previous history.
    However now thinking about it may have to be done weekly!!
  • Options
    Many thanks for taking the time and effort to do these Nug, just caught up with the last three and have tears rolling down my eyes. First Christmas for 46 years without any festive footy. I'm really going to set myself off again now by playing Crowded House's Don't Dream its Over. WE KNOW THEY WON'T WIN.
  • Options
    Just watched no 25, WOW!! Thanks @Nug, sitting here just wondering how it could now be oh so much more different.
    I've a lump in my throat after watching that, and a fire in my belly that says we need to be rid of this regime and soon.
  • Options
    sarge1g said:

Any chance of putting all these together along with other videos of the various protests on a DVD to perhaps raise funds towards the upcoming protests. Am sure there would be plenty of takers.........absolutely brilliant, thanks Nug.

great idea, I'll buy one :smile:
  • Options
    Well done Nug every second of all the hours you must have spent is completely justified, thank you.
  • Options
    25 superb vignettes of CAFC, its history and players, each and every one an emotional rollercoaster of a ride, what it means to be part of the Charlton family, 'cos that's what we are.
    You've done us proud Nug.
  • Options
    "So this is Christmas, and what have you done?"
    That lyric and the way it was sung really got to me. Shame it will have bugger all effect on the two twunts it is aimed at!

Nug, if these 25 gems you have produced don't lead to the outcome we are all hoping for, at least they will give my kids an insight into the amazing club that Charlton has been. The poor sods have only been going for just over two years. They haven't a clue how good going to support your team can be. Luckily the protests have kept them entertained!
  • Options
    Thank you @Nug and @Card