Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karl Robinson Press Conference - Snippets from pg.4

Comments

• Options

Said all the right things.

However,a night at the oxo tower doesn't bode well.

Did he take Katrien up the oxo tower, just interested?
  • Options

mogodon said:

Ha ha how pathetic that the CEO isn't even there for the unveiling of a new manager!

In fairness, anyone with half a brain would keep her away from any event where she might open her mouth.
    In fairness, if you can't answer questions from the media you're not up to being a chief executive of a professional football club. So nothing new there.
    I thought we established she was Chief Executive in name only. Chief Buffer is probably the more appropriate.
  • Options
    I really like what he's got say let's try and be positive.
  • Options
    So COL said right back to Karl, I'm only staying whilst you're here. You go, I go.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

4.30pm seems a bit too close to a full days work for Katrien Meire. Are you sure you have the right time? I imagine she's usually bunked off by then.

She doesn't leave for work until Bargain Hunt's finished. She'll go back to her office after the Press Conference, send Roly a couple of mails so it looks like she's working late and then head off to Toni and Guy and spend an hour moaning to the hairdresser about what a tough day at work she's had.
    I'm pretty sure she waits til after pointless
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

So, just to play devil's advocate here, a possible explanation for the C'OL thing.

Slade is sacked reducing a 3 man coaching team to 2, but doing nothing to reduce the overall workloads.
    C'OL is a qualified coach (we can argue about how qualified, but he has his badges at least) on the RD payroll, so is parachuted in to take up some of the slack while the club searches for a new manager - time frame for that to be determined.
    KR is appointed, C'OL seemingly surplus to requirements as coaching team is back to 3 and KR may want to bring in his own man as well. C'Ol expected to go back to Belgium.
    KR talks to C'OL and likes him (and to be fair, none of us have ever heard him speak or even met him, as far as I'm aware, so he may be more competent than we are giving him credit for) decides he'd like him to stay on the coaching team - no objections form RD or KM as the network is picking up his salary one way or another anyway.

Not saying it's the version of events I believe, and if that was the case not sure why C'OL wouldn't have been announced as temporary coach when he was appointed, but wouldn't be unlike this lot to make a pigs ear of communicating a simple and fairly harmless message.

It just seems we'll have a surplus of coaches if Nugent and Simon Clark stay on. C'OL and Barker (if he comes in) make 4 coaches

Unless he's expecting Nugent to leave
  • Options
    edited November 2016

So, just to play devil's advocate here, a possible explanation for the C'OL thing.

Slade is sacked reducing a 3 man coaching team to 2, but doing nothing to reduce the overall workloads.
    C'OL is a qualified coach (we can argue about how qualified, but he has his badges at least) on the RD payroll, so is parachuted in to take up some of the slack while the club searches for a new manager - time frame for that to be determined.
    KR is appointed, C'OL seemingly surplus to requirements as coaching team is back to 3 and KR may want to bring in his own man as well. C'Ol expected to go back to Belgium.
    KR talks to C'OL and likes him (and to be fair, none of us have ever heard him speak or even met him, as far as I'm aware, so he may be more competent than we are giving him credit for) decides he'd like him to stay on the coaching team - no objections form RD or KM as the network is picking up his salary one way or another anyway.

Not saying it's the version of events I believe, and if that was the case not sure why C'OL wouldn't have been announced as temporary coach when he was appointed, but wouldn't be unlike this lot to make a pigs ear of communicating a simple and fairly harmless message.

Or, rather than liking him, decided it would do his job security no harm to get in with someone that has the ear of the owner.
  • Options

Another puppet.

Why?FFS - some of you are just complete Fuckin negative and seem only happy if you see the club failing.Lighten up and give the bloke a chance
    I want him to do well and win all the time. I actually think he is a pretty good manager. The problem today is the Congo Chris stuff which to me is coming across as, frankly, barefaced lies. If he wants to get the fans on his side, don't continue the 'treat the fans with contempt' plan so enthusiastically developed by Katrien Meire and Roland Duchatelet.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    iainment said:

Give Robinson a chance ffs. I don't understand the mentality of some of our supporters that say.

"If you take a job from Duchatelet, with all the information there is out there about him and Charlton, then you're the wrong person for the job."

So what do you propose then ? Do you want us to have no manager indefinitely ?

Do you think no manager is better than any manager ?

Please explain to me your better alternative.

Duchatelet goes.
    No, you don't understand. Duchatelet is here and he may be here for another 5 years.

So if Duchatelet is here for 5 years, would you prefer us to have no manager ?

The simple choice is a manager is appointed, who you say is "the wrong person" or no manager is appointed.

I'm afraid that's very muddled thinking.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

I've eaten at the OXO loadsatimes and never bumped into another Addick.
    He must be a liar.

My have been KM's converted taxi driver.
  • Options

Yeah I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. I mean as much as we'd like him to say "I didn't have a choice in the matter that he's part of my coaching team" better to play along for now. We also don't know exactly how he will fit in the coaching team KR may just get the guy organising sprints and laying out cones everyday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We all know that this is not going to end well for Karl.
    History tells us he hasn't a cat in hell's chance of making this work.
    You can call me negative and not giving him a chance,but the FACT remains that this regime and set up are not conductive of producing success in football at any level.... or country for that matter.
    All we can do is sit back and wait for another wheel to fall off.
  • Options
    When asked about COL, Robinson had the option to say 'I don't want to discuss that', or 'I don't want to discuss that at the moment as I need to get to know everybody first'.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    And here's to you, Karl Robinso.
    Jesus knows why you chose this place.