Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Karl Robinson Press Conference - Snippets from pg.4

Comments

• Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 26m26 minutes ago
    Robinson says O'Loughlin was due to go back to Belgium but that totally his decision he still wants him around.

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 24m24 minutes ago
    Had one senior player mentioned to me as saying they enjoy his sessions. KR also looking to add one member of coaching staff.

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 23m23 minutes ago
    We had story last week that MK caretaker Richie Barker is the target.

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 23m23 minutes ago
    KR says that having more coaches means that players challenged even more to be better.
  • I think he said 'we' when talking about MKD in the interview. Need to double check.
  • Blimey

Mary Poppins
  • Blimey

Mary Poppins
    West Ham!
  • iainment said:

Whoever takes Duchatelet's shilling isn't the right person for the job.
    Keep that in mind and you can't go wrong.

Why? Someone has to start somewhere. I thought he came across well. Loads are going to say he said what he was told. I'm not so sure. Give the bloke a chance. If he turns out like the last chump then fair enough - sack him but after a reasonable amount of time.
    If you take a job from Duchatelet with all the information there is out there about him and Charlton then you're the wrong person for the job.
  • Come on people...not a bad first press conference???
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

So Karl, how do you feel about your new appointment?

'Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up. Mind youse lost a tenner down the alehouse, proper devoed, lad. Then tho,
    got these jarg footballers down the alehouse off this dodgy auld fella.

Charlton support is proper antwacky. Pete Winkleman was doing my head in so I gave him down the banks, like.

I'm taking me bird out later for some scran. Me mate sacked his bird off - she was doing his head in. Ended up in ozzy.'

Are you OK?
  • iainment said:

iainment said:

Whoever takes Duchatelet's shilling isn't the right person for the job.
    Keep that in mind and you can't go wrong.

Why? Someone has to start somewhere. I thought he came across well. Loads are going to say he said what he was told. I'm not so sure. Give the bloke a chance. If he turns out like the last chump then fair enough - sack him but after a reasonable amount of time.
    If you take a job from Duchatelet with all the information there is out there about him and Charlton then you're the wrong person for the job.
    I get your point. But you know what? There are some out there that have some big bollocks and believe they can be the one person that brings a dying club back to life. This could be the start of it, we don't know. But it seems there are many wanting to stick the knife in before the off. I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt and I'm ready to see whether he can earn the shilling.
  • WSS said:

erithalf said:

Come on people...not a bad first press conference???

That was not a press conference.

Sorry who was he talking to then?
  • If it's not on the O.S. then it didn't happen
  • edited November 2016

I get your point. But you know what? There are some out there that have some big bollocks and believe they can be the one person that brings a dying club back to life. This could be the start of it, we don't know. But it seems there are many wanting to stick the knife in before the off. I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt and I'm ready to see whether he can earn the shilling.

What he said.
  • jdmotion said:

What he said.

We already have Cojones.
    Or as he was know at Delaware North. 'Dos huevos y chips' (fourteen)

• Ha ha kr went to the oxo tower on Saturday and was sat next to a season ticket holder.
  • When your unemployed , you can be panicked into taking the first thing your offered. He was out of work and is offered what was once a big job. He obviously does think he can do something ! Who knows what Roland said to him ? Lookman is leaving, but if I get £8 million you can have £4 Million to spend ? The next 5 weeks and the Window will reveal all. Karl, could be looking for work by the end of Feb ?
  • Sponsored links:

• I will give him a chance and desperate for him to turn things around.

I do not believe that it is his decision to keep CoL, that is a lie.

Lets hope its a one off
  • SE7toSG3 said:

I will give him a chance and desperate for him to turn things around.

I do not believe that it is his decision to keep CoL, that is a lie.

Lets hope its a one off

Start with a lie, live with lies.
  • Said all the right things.

However,a night at the oxo tower doesn't bode well.
  • Another puppet.
  • Says the right things to appeal to us, says the right things to please the regime...sussing the whole place out I reckon.

It will be interesting where he stands in a month or two once the Dreisen effect kicks in.