Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Smoke bombs

Comments

• Options

cafc999 said:

As much as like them I do think it play's into the regime's hand.

Poor Daisy will be playing the victim even more now

Thanks Yoda
    Thanks Chewie
  • Options

Gotta be honest, the smokes I use for fumigation are hot. Hot to the point they melt and I have to put them in an old tin can before lighting them, just do I can even pick them up and take them away after, because they take a good 10 minutes to cool down enough to be able to touch em.

The fumigation smokes are only to be used at the Den.
    Well, someone should ask for their money back, as there's clearly still an infestation.
  • Options
    I'm presuming those out to get CARD at any cost found sheffields multiple smoke bombs ok?

They have been used for seasons upon seasons now for goal celebrations seen at home and away games (both sets of fans). They haven't arrived here just for protests.
  • Options
    Getting a bit boring this subject now, Although some on here now seem to think pyros are okay but then they were deadly 2 seasons back.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

I had a fun night on Wednesday, I went to see Napoli v Dynamo Kiev. I got out the station near the ground and there was a distress flare about half a mile in air. I thought that was a bit weird, but hey it's Napoli.

So I started walking up the hill and all these fireworks and flares were being shot around at low level - I think they were rucking with the police. I kept my distance but some poor taxi driver was stuck there in traffic with his windows down. This flare looped in there, the cabbie tried putting it out but quickly ran off as within 2 minutes his car was a fireball.

http://cdn.corrieredellosport.it/images/2016/11/23/210112571-26ded07a-04f2-49d0-9978-0c3d59dc2ab1.jpg

I was shitting myself to be honest, and I'd got a cheap ticket in their ultras. I considered just going back to my hotel. Instead I went to queue with a few hundred other people and a minute later rockets started flying at us. So a few hundred of us legged it, panicking, down some side streets whilst behind us these pyro scum bags launched fireworks at us or maybe the nearby police. Kiev fans were supposedly under lockdown so I figure it to have been locals.

Eventually I circled back, my eyes were stinging a bit but rather than tear gas I think it was all the gunpowder in the air. I then found the furthest, highest and safest corner I could in the ground whilst for the first 45 minutes a helicopter circled overhead. And I'm still waiting for an apology from CARD.

So were the 'locals' attacking there own fans?
  • Options

Gotta be honest, the smokes I use for fumigation are hot. Hot to the point they melt and I have to put them in an old tin can before lighting them, just do I can even pick them up and take them away after, because they take a good 10 minutes to cool down enough to be able to touch em.

Or the north upper
  • Options
    Even anyone using the Dartford via Greenwich line
  • Options

Or the north upper
    There's enough people with electronic fags in the n upper, don't need smoke bombs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a good looking geeza bottom left with the aquascutum scarf ;)
  • Options
    Smoke bombs add a little colour to the atmosphere or in Charltons case lack of it.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

RedPanda said:

I had a fun night on Wednesday, I went to see Napoli v Dynamo Kiev. I got out the station near the ground and there was a distress flare about half a mile in air. I thought that was a bit weird, but hey it's Napoli.

So I started walking up the hill and all these fireworks and flares were being shot around at low level - I think they were rucking with the police. I kept my distance but some poor taxi driver was stuck there in traffic with his windows down. This flare looped in there, the cabbie tried putting it out but quickly ran off as within 2 minutes his car was a fireball.

http://cdn.corrieredellosport.it/images/2016/11/23/210112571-26ded07a-04f2-49d0-9978-0c3d59dc2ab1.jpg

I was shitting myself to be honest, and I'd got a cheap ticket in their ultras. I considered just going back to my hotel. Instead I went to queue with a few hundred other people and a minute later rockets started flying at us. So a few hundred of us legged it, panicking, down some side streets whilst behind us these pyro scum bags launched fireworks at us or maybe the nearby police. Kiev fans were supposedly under lockdown so I figure it to have been locals.

Eventually I circled back, my eyes were stinging a bit but rather than tear gas I think it was all the gunpowder in the air. I then found the furthest, highest and safest corner I could in the ground whilst for the first 45 minutes a helicopter circled overhead. And I'm still waiting for an apology from CARD.

I'm still not sure. The newspaper whose photo I linked said Kiev & Napoli ultras clashed. Comments on Youtube vids suggest it was just Napoli v Police, in which case they didn't care the police were near lots of home fans. It also seemed like a couple of fireworks were sent our way down the side street, whilst Kiev fans were apparently locked away elsewhere... It's Naples so nothing would surprise me, maybe Rick Everitt knows.
  • Options
    Agree that they look good but if one hit my 7 year old son when thrown from the Upper North I would be pressing charges if possible.
  • Options

What a good looking geeza bottom left with the aquascutum scarf ;)
    Was gonna say.. You single?
    What do you think?
  • Options

Agree that they look good but if one hit my 7 year old son when thrown from the Upper North I would be pressing charges if possible.

Would have to be Steve Backley if it were to hit your son in the East Stand.

• Options

If you're in the East, I'd expect them to feel the long arm of the law.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

RedPanda said:

I'm still not sure. The newspaper whose photo I linked said Kiev & Napoli ultras clashed. Comments on Youtube vids suggest it was just Napoli v Police, in which case they didn't care the police were near lots of home fans. It also seemed like a couple of fireworks were sent our way down the side street, whilst Kiev fans were apparently locked away elsewhere... It's Naples so nothing would surprise me, maybe Rick Everitt knows.
    It's a rough old city (well parts of it are) so not to surprising that there was trouble there as you say.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As others have said, those of you who get really offended by smoke bombs should thank your lucky stars you wasn't born (brought up on football) in continental Europe. We have so many precious fans.
  • Options
    My only bug bear is just about them being launched from the upper tier and landing feet from people down the bottom, it's pretty irresponsible.

Funnier though was some oik near me launching foam toys at this poor bloke a few rows in front for about 2 minutes, he didn't really know what to do.
  • Options
    Same for both the Charlton and Sheffield United smoke bombs/flares.

It's illegal. End of.

You can't cherry pick what laws you want/don't want to live by...
  • Options

Never mind any other issues, the arsehole who threw that smoke bomb when we scored probably killed the momentum enough to stop us capitalising on the goal and sheff Utd being in shock and charlton scoring a winner.

my dad said the same.
  • Options

Never mind any other issues, the arsehole who threw that smoke bomb when we scored probably killed the momentum enough to stop us capitalising on the goal and sheff Utd being in shock and charlton scoring a winner.

my dad said the same.
    Your dad is letthegoodtimestroll @suzisausage ? He seemed so normal when i met him
  • Options
    edited November 2016

my dad said the same.
    When the 4 minutes extra time was announced I heard somebody say we can get two goals in that time, which even I as an eternal optimist thought even one goal was totally out of the question. When we got the goal I thought sheff Utd were like a boxer who has just been hit with an unexpected hammer blow and were there for the taking and probably so did the charlton players. The smoke bomb probably just took away some of the momentum of the moment.
  • Options

Getting a bit boring this subject now, Although some on here now seem to think pyros are okay but then they were deadly 2 seasons back.

Yep and a few years ago there was a degree of outrage about the yellow mankini lad who invaded the pitch. People were worried that Mick Everitt could lose his job over a repeat. Times change I guess....