Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Smoke bombs

Comments

• Options
    RAF, but enough about me. I just think smoke bombs are not a very bright idea, not exactly safe and it gives the club the opportunity to press criminal charges against whoever threw it and present protesters as unruly hooligans. Katrien will pull the victim card in a second if she can.
  • Options
    Throwing a smoke bomb from the upper North is crazy, it only just reached the pitch, could easily have hit someone.

And for whoever threw it, I hope they don't have you on CCTV, it's a 3 month custodial sentence!
  • Options
    Missed It said:

Addickted said:

Missed It said:

It's only because they're banned here that people make such a fuss. On the continent they're a regular part of a lot of matches and add to the atmosphere. I don't really see the harm.

Not so funny if it doesn't reach the pitch and hits someone in the covered end instead.
    How many have done that?

None... yet. Do I have to rely on a moron's arm to avoid catching fire? I've been hit by enough spongy footballs, pigs and taxis thrown from the top deck by biffs who never made it on to the cricket team!
    Just to clarify there is no chance of you catching fire. They are smoke bombs not flares. Flares burn at a few hundred degrees and are pretty dangerous. Smoke bombs you can hold in your hand and it will do you no damage at all. Yes it would hurt if it hit you on the head. If you are gonna throw one from the upper tier you best be sure of your arm.

I think they make a good atmosphere...
  • Options

Missed It said:

Addickted said:

Missed It said:

It's only because they're banned here that people make such a fuss. On the continent they're a regular part of a lot of matches and add to the atmosphere. I don't really see the harm.

Not so funny if it doesn't reach the pitch and hits someone in the covered end instead.
    How many have done that?

None... yet. Do I have to rely on a moron's arm to avoid catching fire? I've been hit by enough spongy footballs, pigs and taxis thrown from the top deck by biffs who never made it on to the cricket team!
    Just to clarify there is no chance of you catching fire. They are smoke bombs not flares. Flares burn at a few hundred degrees and are pretty dangerous. Smoke bombs you can hold in your hand and it will do you no damage at all. Yes it would hurt if it hit you on the head. If you are gonna throw one from the upper tier you best be sure of your arm.

I'm not an expert like you, but why do the things thrown on the pitch today create scorch marks on the pitch in that case ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Missed It said:

Addickted said:

Missed It said:

How many have done that?

I'm not an expert like you, but why do the things thrown on the pitch today create scorch marks on the pitch in that case ?
    No expert but have bought smoke bombs and used them (not at football). I think that may be more a stain from the ink in it or possibly the smoke causing it. Not sure. But I'm pretty sure there is no flame in them. It's a chemical reaction that creates the smoke...
  • Options

se9addick said:

Missed It said:

Addickted said:

Missed It said:

How many have done that?

No expert but have bought smoke bombs and used them (not at football). I think that may be more a stain from the ink in it or possibly the smoke causing it. Not sure. But I'm pretty sure there is no flame in them. It's a chemical reaction that creates the smoke...
    There was definitely a flame from the things thrown on the pitch today.
  • Options
    It looked like a paintball type smoke grenade. They do burn, it's just contained within the body of the flare. I don't know if they're designed to stand up to hitting a concrete floor from 100 ft up though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As much as like them I do think it play's into the regime's hand.

Poor Daisy will be playing the victim even more now
  • Options

Missed It said:

Addickted said:

Missed It said:

How many have done that?

I was being slightly facetious, but I still maintain that it's a bad idea. As the person who threw it will find out if the OB get hold of them
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I'd we're going to do smoke bombs can we at least do them properly?

They're a fiver each, and aren't that dangerous.

The Covered End lit up in red smoke would actually look pretty good (cough cough)
  • Options

The Covered End lit up in red smoke would actually look pretty good (cough cough)

Plus the collective tutting from the West Stand would be defeaning.
    I sit in the Upper West next to the Covered End. There are old boys in there that were going to Charlton before you people were born.
    They don't tut,they just sit there watching their team regardless of what is going on around them.

• Options
    Redskin said:

I sit in the Upper West next to the Covered End. There are old boys in there that were going to Charlton before you people were born.
    They don't tut,they just sit there watching their team regardless of what is going on around them.

Jesus wept, it was a joke. Don't get so aggy.
  • Options

Redskin said:

I'm not getting aggy, Gary. That West Stand joke has been done to death. It's dull.
    Big fan of yours.

• Options
    Redskin said:

Redskin said:

I'm not getting aggy, Gary. That West Stand joke has been done to death. It's dull.
    Big fan of yours.

You can't win them all mate! Enjoy your evening.
  • Options
    You too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2016

Redskin said:

:wink:
  • Options

FFS it's a bit of red smoke. Why do people feel the need to bring up such insignificant things when you there's so much more to be worried about. Please never go watch a game on the continent.

Sat at a Malmo home game next to the head of security (brother-in-law).
    When home team scored a few flares went off 'in' the stand amongst the fans and couldn't see shit. I asked him why the group of firemen sat at the corner of the stand (clearly there for this purpose) weren't going in to put them out. His response was "would you get in with that bunch of idiots". Incidentally their ground is built to flex for when the fans bounce frequently as without his the stadium would crumble as three home stands bounce in unison. As for flares at football not too offended but wouldn't bring them myself.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Thing?

I bet they loved your signals.
  • Options
    watching the video back there was actually two thrown, the first smoke bomb just misses people and makes it to concrete before the pitch, the 2nd (that actually remained lit) again only just made the pitch.
  • Options
    Gotta be honest, the smokes I use for fumigation are hot. Hot to the point they melt and I have to put them in an old tin can before lighting them, just do I can even pick them up and take them away after, because they take a good 10 minutes to cool down enough to be able to touch em.