Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match thread - Charlton v Sheff Utd

Don't know if RedMid's doing a thread today?

Charlton: Phillips, Foley, Bauer, Pearce, Fox, Crofts, Ulvestad, Lookman, Jackson, Magennis, Ajose.

Subs: Beeney, Chicksen, Botaka, Konsa, Lennon, Hanlan, Novak.
Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-football-club-team-news-sheffield-united-3437246.aspx#rWX3RLvjMJLs5kM0.99

Comments

• edited November 2016
    Jackson for chicksen why?!?
  • Tex has been dropped from the bench.

• He was one of our best players on Tuesday easily
  • Chicksen deserves to start. I hope Jacko proves me wrong

• Roland's back to picking the team then.
  • Only reason I can think is that Chicksen hasnt played much this season (i.e. He's never a used sub) so guess he's not match fit enough to play twice in a week
  • Why Jackson, he doesn't offer much nowadays.
  • Rumour was that he tweaked his hammy shooting last week.

Other sources confirm that is made up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sheff Utd team:

Moore, Fleck, O'Connell, Basham, Sharp (c), Wright, Coutts, Ebanks-Landell, Duffy, Lafferty, Clarke.

Subs: Ramsdale, Hussey, Scougal, Lavery, Done, Freeman, Chapman.
  • Going to be listening to this one from 40,000ft above the Canadian prairies on my way back to Calgary as the plane has wi-fi - should land at half time...different I suppose
  • Playing devils advocate... Reckon Jackson could be starting as the calming experience on the pitch, making sure the rest of the team dont do anything rash etc.

Is fair enough if so but he cant be carried if thats the case, else we'll be playing against the League form team with 10 men when Im sure Crofts could do the same job himself!!
  • edited November 2016
    Wilder when asked about his interest in the Charlton job on local radio just now glossed straight over it and said when Sheff Utd came in for him it was a no brainer.
  • Actually the big sporting event this afternoon is the Alberta Nordic Ski Championships where two little Oaksters will be racing in the u-11 & u-13 categories...not sure there will be live TV coverage in the UK though

• Now we know why young Beeney was recalled from his loan at Greenwich Borough.

He'd played 4 games for them since Nov 7th.
    Match fit, at least.

• Oh, RedMid - so sorry to hear your news.

• Is Mitov injured or out of favour? He was on bench often last year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Condolences RM. Hope you find strength at this difficult time.
  • Hi all, I've not been here most of the week, I have been with my mum as she was in last days of her life, sadly she died this morning. I wont be doing match thread today, but I'll be back soon. I'll be listening to the game though. I'll also be writing a piece about my mum in a few days and putting on here - she was an Addick supporter all her life. Thank you to those taking the match thread today, I hope its a good game.

Sorry to hear that RM, some things far important than football.

He was on the bench at Bristol Rovers - and then Beeney was suddenly recalled a couple of days ago, so I guess Mitov's not fit.

• Sorry to hear your news Red. My sincere condolences.

I suspect Beeney is rated higher at this point. I believe there were times earlier in the season where he was getting in the U23s ahead of Mitov, before Beeney went out on loan.
  • So sorry to read this RM - such a difficult time for you.
  • Condolences RM.
  • Hi all, I've not been here most of the week, I have been with my mum as she was in last days of her life, sadly she died this morning. I wont be doing match thread today, but I'll be back soon. I'll be listening to the game though. I'll also be writing a piece about my mum in a few days and putting on here - she was an Addick supporter all her life. Thank you to those taking the match thread today, I hope its a good game.

Aw mate, thoughts and love and prayers go out to you. You are very strong.
  • Sorry to hear that Redmidland......words can not say enough....stay safe.
  • RM. So sorry to hear about your loss.My condolences to you and your family
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!