Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Small positive from the dreadful football child abuse revelations

2»

Comments

• Options
    In tonight's Standard there is a huge piece on Eddie Heath where allegations were made against at Chelsea.

I'm certain he went on to work for us and a minutes slience was held for him before a game at the Valley in about 83 when he died
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    JohnnyH2 said:

In tonight's Standard there is a huge piece on Eddie Heath where allegations were made against at Chelsea.

I'm certain he went on to work for us and a minutes slience was held for him before a game at the Valley in about 83 when he died

That was Eddie Marsh. Youth development officer at the club who died on the morning of the C Palace home match in December 83
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

JohnnyH2 said:

That was Eddie Marsh. Youth development officer at the club who died on the morning of the C Palace home match in December 83
    Ta
  • Options
    Former youth football coach Michael "Kit" Carson, who was due to stand trial in connection with an abuse probe, has died in a car accident.

Mr Carson, 75, of St Bartholomew's Court, Riverside, Cambridge, was accused of the sexual abuse of boys under 16, from 1978 to 2009.

His red Mazda left the road and hit a tree at 09:45 GMT on Monday, police have said. He died at the scene.

Peterborough Crown Court was informed of his death on Tuesday morning.

Mr Carson had pleaded not guilty at an earlier hearing at Cambridge Crown Court to 12 counts of indecent assault and one of inciting a child to engage in sexual activity.

Cambridgeshire Police said the allegations involved 11 victims, all boys under the age of 16.

Mr Carson had worked for Peterborough United, Cambridge United and Norwich City football clubs.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-46794196
  • Options
    I was going to add this onto the "Guildford train incident" thread. Some might say that he denied justice being done but I say good on him. Done the right thing.
  • Options
    I knew this man and both my brother and myself played in football teams of his between the ages of 12-16 and went away on tournaments with him. We were contacted by a newspaper a couple of years ago asking us if we were aware of the allegations and if we had ever been suspicious of him. We both had never seen or heard anything during the time we played in his teams. He discovered a number of players including Tim Sherwood and Craig Bellamy. Shocking turn of events.
  • Options
    Nug said:

I knew this man and both my brother and myself played in football teams of his between the ages of 12-16 and went away on tournaments with him. We were contacted by a newspaper a couple of years ago asking us if we were aware of the allegations and if we had ever been suspicious of him. We both had never seen or heard anything during the time we played in his teams. He discovered a number of players including Tim Sherwood and Craig Bellamy. Shocking turn of events.

I also went on a residential course with him (PGL) and had relatives that did likewise. No sense of any issue, but operators like this (and I'm not suggesting he was or wasnt one) I would imagine are selective and targetted and will have taken the opportunity across the many thousands of kids that would have come under there wing during there lifetime..

We can only hope that what has happened in the past becomes less of an opportunity because of this publicity, and that kids today know they can speak up. The tragedy of course is that it will be impossible to stop...
  • Options
    This morning's quotes from the prosecution are stupid on this one. Is he paid by the word or something?

"He was involved in an accident. No other car is involved."
    then we are told
    The car was registered to him and the person dead in the car is the appropriate age and had his ID on him"
    oh and finally...to clinch it....
    "His widow has identified the body"

Pretty safe to say it was definitely him so why can't they just say it.

It would seem to suggest he took his own life. That would suggest an admission of guilt. Good riddance
  • Options

I was going to add this onto the "Guildford train incident" thread. Some might say that he denied justice being done but I say good on him. Done the right thing.

Lot if assumptions there.

We don't know it was deliberate. We don't know he was guilty.

I don't know anything about this case but perhaps he was innocent and being accused and named in the media as having done all those things has affected his mental health driven him to do something stupid.

We don't know. Lets not just assume.
    Not need to assume anything. The very morning he had a court case his car just happened to come off the road & hit a tree, killing him. If if was an accident then poetic justice I say. If he was innocent & there was nothing to ANY of the allegations then it was very very bad timing.......but I don't believe in co-incidences.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I don't know anything about this case but perhaps he was innocent and being accused and named in the media as having done all those things has affected his mental health driven him to do something stupid.

Not need to assume anything. The very morning he had a court case his car just happened to come off the road & hit a tree, killing him. If if was an accident then poetic justice I say. If he was innocent & there was nothing to ANY of the allegations then it was very very bad timing.......but I don't believe in co-incidences.
    This ignores that the stress of being falsely accused could've lead to him taking his own life.

And if he was guilty he's cheated his victims of justice.
  • Options

This ignores that the stress of being falsely accused could've lead to him taking his own life.

And if he was guilty he's cheated his victims of justice.
    If he was guilty his victims will certainly feel cheated.