Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karl Robinson (Ed. Page 79 - GONE- Mutual Consent)

Comments

• Options
    1-1!!!! Take that. Never a pen
  • Options
    God I hate Karl
  • Options
    Terrible call from the ref

BUT for our interests we need Oxford to win
  • Options
    Watching on record. Commentator - Oxford are a shadow of the team, they were last week. Being exposed down the flanks. Oxford really poor half. 2 shots of the line, one by an arm, if the Ref had seen it, he would have been off. One off the post & another one just wide before half time, marginal offside decision against them. Scunthorpe should be at least 2 goals up. Oxford look disorganised & dispirited. The Robinson effect. He can’t blame the referee.
  • Options

Terrible call from the ref

BUT for our interests we need Oxford to win

Don't mind a draw for Scunthorpe
  • Options
    Come on Oxford - we need all the help we can get!

Cue last minute winner for scunny
  • Options
    Look a different team in second half. Obi Obi Obika to get the winner
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited March 2018
    Referee gives an undeserved penalty & Oxford are somehow level. You have to score when you have chances. Scunthorpe regretting missed chances in first half. A positive result for Oxford better for Charlton.

63 mins Scunthorpe shot off bar. Robinson riding his luck in this game.
  • Options
    Lee Novak on for Scunny
  • Options
    No wonder he was inspired hurry to leave , that's twice in a week they've been on telly, no coverage at Charlton!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1-1 final score

Doesn't suit either team really
  • Options
    No new manager bounce for scunny then. Shame
  • Options
    Oxford better second half without looking like scoring. A draw good result for Charlton. Oxford lucky to get a point. Scunthorpe not won in 8.
  • Options

Scoham said:

Give him the best squad in the league and he'll get you up (not as champions and assuming you dont have an injury crisis). Give him an incomplete squad with lots of players still developing, factor in the off injury crisis or two and he will have you punching below your weight. Not necessarily his fault completely, there are mitigating circumstances, but he isn't the man to get the most out of that situation and to get the most out of their players.

He wasn't the problem (that man is in Belgium) but he wasn't the solution. He wasn't even capable of making the best of the situation.

I was going to comment but this post says it all.

You beat me to it again Canters!
  • Options
    Anyone know the formation they played, i noticed after his first game Robinson said this:

“I was happy with how we played, but there’s so much more to come.

“We’ve got to be more aggressive in the final third and we’ve got to put more crosses in, which is difficult in a diamond.

“We’re looking to maybe go back to a system I’m comfortable with and get some width in our play, but is it a 4-4-2, a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3?”

Please tell me he played 4231.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited March 2018

Anyone know the formation they played, i noticed after his first game Robinson said this:

“I was happy with how we played, but there’s so much more to come.

“We’ve got to be more aggressive in the final third and we’ve got to put more crosses in, which is difficult in a diamond.

“We’re looking to maybe go back to a system I’m comfortable with and get some width in our play, but is it a 4-4-2, a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3?”

Please tell me he played 4231.

Prematch he said he would stick with a 442 but changed it mid half. Oxford players did look disorganised & confused first half & dispirited. Obika come on & Oxford pushed up second half & got a lucky penalty.

Robinson blamed the youth of the players not following instructions. Not his shit formations & over complications then.

Admitted Oxford were lucky with ref decisions but said these things balance out. Maybe not go on about ref decisions other times ?

Robinson said there was lots to change. Feeling sorry for Oxford supporters for the future crapness they will be forced to endure.

Scunthorpe looked vulnerable & less potent when pressed. They should have been minimum 2 to 3 goals up by half time. Not won in 9. The result will not help their confidence. If Charlton put a run together 5th is a distinct possibility.
  • Options
    We've got a slight obsession with KR haven't we? Lol
  • Options
    Shows how much I've been following events lately. A quick fast forward whizz through last night's "Goal Rush" to see fatty Robinson sitting in the stand at Oxford match, then a further whizz to see who's running our circus and amazed to see us winning convincingly.

Never liked the bloke, so glad to see him gone before my exile is finally over....................
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nothing to do with wanting his old side to do well then...
  • Options
    without his input this season we may have been autos - thanks karl
  • Options
    442 Karl, 442, thats all you had to do.
  • Options

So he’s saying he had a big budget at Charlton and got nowhere with it , thanks Karl

or he knows the new owners will have a bit of cash about them...
  • Options
    Oxford fans should worry about Robinson with this comment

Its the Managers job to get the players playing as a unit rather than individuals and shows up Karl's ineptness!!

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/charlton/16216423.Lee_Bowyer_reveals_two_changes_he_made_to_revive_Charlton___s_promotion_hopes/
  • Options
    Apparently he's in the studio for the game tonight - fair warning for anyone watching on TV - it's a big SKIP from me... TV muted until kick off.