Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Karl Robinson (Ed. Page 79 - GONE- Mutual Consent)

Comments

• The one good thing I would say about him is that big clubs seem prepared to loan their quality young players as they trust him to use them in the correct way.

I'm hoping this augers well for the January transfer window. That assumes he is still here, of course.
  • IF, and it's a massive IF, Roland did a complete about turn and stopped meddling in team affairs, gave a Manager the chance to manage, appointed a proper, competent CEO and a SMT fit for purpose then of course I'd find that acceptable. We don't even have to gain promotion for him to actually show us that he has seen the light and that he has the best interests of OUR club truely to heart.

It won't happen though.
  • Cambridge said:

Aside from the "it'll never happen so I refuse to comment" people - what do CARD do if, yes IF, this appointment starts the ball of promotion to the Champs. Then we invest in the Champs and get to play-offs or promotion to the Prem.?
    I have said for some time I want RD out, but would accept it if he did change. I watched Ashley at The Toon and he has changed. He has invested in the squad, hired a good manager and taken his influence out of the club. IF RD did the same,would we really cut off noses to spite the face?
    As said - those who refuse to acknowledge the potential don't bother with the inevitable rubbish.
    I'm interested in those who will stick neck out as to what they would do in such a circumstance.

The only logical answer is to judge it at the time.

I daresay that if we get promoted this season and next season RD says he's seen the light, sells no decent players and actually spends £20M on players that WE believe could get us promoted, then I might be content for them to remain, preferably without Meire.

However, there's as much chance of that happening as us being non-league in a few years time.

However, by all means tell RD that if he wants to treat Charlton like a proper football club and get us promoted to The Premier, I'll not object.
  • Cambridge said:

Aside from the "it'll never happen so I refuse to comment" people - what do CARD do if, yes IF, this appointment starts the ball of promotion to the Champs. Then we invest in the Champs and get to play-offs or promotion to the Prem.?
    I have said for some time I want RD out, but would accept it if he did change. I watched Ashley at The Toon and he has changed. He has invested in the squad, hired a good manager and taken his influence out of the club. IF RD did the same,would we really cut off noses to spite the face?
    As said - those who refuse to acknowledge the potential don't bother with the inevitable rubbish.
    I'm interested in those who will stick neck out as to what they would do in such a circumstance.

Get promotion and we then take stock of the situation.
  • Cambridge said:

Difference being that for all his faults, Ashley understands football. Duchatelet doesn't.
  • Robinson also wants Richie Barker in as his Number Two

http://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/11800/new-charlton-boss-robinson-keen-bringing-mk-number-two-barker/

Wouldnt be a bad No.2 as he's got Management experience at Bury / Crawley / Portsmouth himself but where does it leave Kevin Nugent and more important, where does it leave Chris O'Loughlin?

Looking through the keyhole of the manager's office
  • Welcome Karl. Nothing would give me more pleasure than to see a Charlton side playing attractive football. It's just a shame that I won't be there to see it #BoycottContinues #RolandOUT
  • Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere but it seems Karl is used to interference from the boardroom:
    'It is understood that none of his back-four defenders during Saturday's defeat to Southend were his first choice in the transfer market, and that chairman Winkelman's son being head of recruitment created difficulty.'
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

Cambridge said:

Get promotion and we then take stock of the situation.
    Yeah, protest alternate home games!
  • Robinson in plea to Charlton fans urged everyone to pull together. (Evening Standard)

Karl once you've convinced the scum destroying our club to start to pull together for the good of OUR Famous Football Club then I'll end my boycott.
    However I'm sure that I'll be long dead before hell freezes over

• Morrison and Stephens in 2011, Button and Wilson in 2012.

Not sure about BWP as Plymouth wanted him off the wage bill.

What about Wiggins? I thought he cost us around £350,000. He had Watford after him at the time as well.
  • Personally I think he is about as good a manager that we could get considering we are a league one club.
    I just hope he is allowed to manage without miere interfering.
    Shall give him my full support.
    Good luck Karl you're gonna need it

Ha ha ha ha ha...!!!!
  • What's wrong with Robinsons plea to pull together.He is hardly likely to say the Owner and CEO are shite.If any of you had that attitude when you started a new job I would guess you did not last very long!Lets just give him a chance FFS

FFS who has said they wouldn't give him a chance ???????? Urging him to persuade the scum to actually get behind the club instead of ripping it apart is slightly different than not giving him a chance. Mind you with your head stuck up your arse it must be difficult for you to see anything let alone what I've written.
  • Nice to know you Charltonbob.Bye bye
  • Welcome Karel,sorry,Karl.
  • Karl surely can't have Barker, O'Loughlin, Clark and Nugent as his back room team. At least one, probably two, will be surplus to requirements.
  • Sponsored links:

• Karl surely can't have Barker, O'Loughlin, Clark and Nugent as his back room team. At least one, probably two, will be surplus to requirements.

Robinson and Barker around the end of the season ;-)
  • Morrison and Stephens in 2011, Button and Wilson in 2012.

What about Wiggins? I thought he cost us around £350,000. He had Watford after him at the time as well.
    And Green. I could see that Hamer was possibly let go on a free by Reading - but Dagenham giving Green away for nothing?
  • This is the first manager we have had that is younger than me. I don't like this.

You think that's bad? Wait until most of the players are young enough to be your grandkids!
  • Scoham said:

Morrison and Stephens in 2011, Button and Wilson in 2012.

And Green. I could see that Hamer was possibly let go on a free by Reading - but Dagenham giving Green away for nothing?
    Officially undisclosed (!), but a figure of 400,000 has been mentioned

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/football/626041/green-set-for-addicks-switch/
  • I didn't agree with the sacking of Slade but it is possible that as soon as Robinson became available RD and/or KM became interested in swapping the managers over.

In my view Robinson has much more potential. He is not only younger but he has already, at 36, achieved more than Slade has. Not withstanding achievements with Orient, MK Dons have done more under Robinson (relative to where we want to be) than any of the sides Slade has managed.

I guess the difference is that I suspect that with Slade we were almost certainly not going to set the division alight but were also not going to go on long runs unbeaten. With Robinson either are possible.

I'm relatively pleased with the appointment but with the incumbents we've had in the past the bar wasn't, exactly, set very high was it?

In the end it doesn't matter, we will either be a Championship club by the end of May or we'll have another new manager.
  • Scoham said:

Morrison and Stephens in 2011, Button and Wilson in 2012.

I'd agree, I thought it was something like:

Hamer: small fee
    Wiggins: £350,000
    Taylor: Free
    Cort: Free
    Hollands: Free
    Stephens: £400,000
    Hughes: Free
    Evina: Free
    Green: £300,000
    Hayes: Free
    Kermorgant: Free
    BWP: £100,000
    Morrison: £250,000.
  • Anyway, think it is rather telling that admin haven't even bothered to make this a sticky. Applause from me.
  • Just sell the effing club.
  • cafcfan said:

So, a new manager.

For this one, the club couldn't even be arsed to find the bloke who knows how to work the camera and get one of scarfy's old mates out of the museum for the traditional photo for the web site?

Doesn't bode well does it?

It said Robinson would be starting the job on Monday so I'd expect a scarfy then!