Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Karl Robinson (Ed. Page 79 - GONE- Mutual Consent)

Comments

• I have just spoken to my spirit guide Big Chief Yellow Tooth and he said "I dunno give a fuck"!
  • el-pietro said:

How many managers are currently being paid by Charlton? By that I mean how many would still be here if not sacked. If they haven't taken on new jobs then they would still be being paid right?

I'd imagine many would have just taken a severance package. Would be unusual for managers to still get a monthly salary continued to be paid unless you're a network manager I guess, perhaps some sort of retainer.
  • edited November 2016
    addix said:

Probably just crossed out Slade's name on the old contract and scribbled 'Karl' in pencil so it can be reused again in another 6 months.

I thought more the point the fact that they don't need to spend any money on a new name plate for his door..........just dig out Frayre's one from the bin and rub out a couple of letters from his first name.
  • cafc-west said:

Hope he does well. Good record in L1 and been a promotion winning manager. Will get my full support as all new managers do at least for the first 15-20 games. Nearly all of my friends, who support a wide range of teams, seem to think we've got a good manager there who they expected to go to a Championship side. For some people on here everything has to be negative but sometimes you need to try and see the positive. I really do not think RD will sell Charlton until he has a decent chance of getting a large percentage of his "investment" back - and he will only get that with us in the Championship as a minimum - so the sooner we get back up the better chance of an ownership change and Robinson probably is best placed to help achieve that.

I too hope he gets us promotion (doing "well" will not be good enough for RD). This is effectively RD's last chance though because the continual losses in L1 will quickly exceed any possible return of his "investment" in the Championship. Especially as from next season in L1 (and L2) he will have to pay for losses with real cash instead of loans.
  • colthe3rd said:

el-pietro said:

How many managers are currently being paid by Charlton? By that I mean how many would still be here if not sacked. If they haven't taken on new jobs then they would still be being paid right?

I'd imagine many would have just taken a severance package. Would be unusual for managers to still get a monthly salary continued to be paid unless you're a network manager I guess, perhaps some sort of retainer.
    Taking a salary, basically being on gardening leave, is how it's done (or at least used to be done) in Italy. I think the hope would be that the manager being paid would get a new job and thus the club wouldn't have to continue paying them.
  • Welcome to the club Karl.

Attacking football with a bunch of guys that will run through walls for you and promotion will be yours.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2016
    Well an unsurprising appointment but one that I'm happy with. He did a good job for MK Dons on a very tight budget and with mostly dire players. Definitely a better appointment than Slade IMO. Will be interesting to see how he works with the regime as he had the support of the MK Dons board for a very long time and they basically let him get on with it. I wish him luck and hope we now start to see what this squad is really capable of in this division.
  • edited November 2016
    "He is a very talented, forward-thinking Manager..."

Not in keeping with our SMT then.

Wish him all the best and hope he gets us into at least the play-offs.
  • I've always thought of him as arrogant & obnoxious. He'll fit in well!
  • mogodon said:

How many more of these gushing new-manager announcements will we have to endure until that wretched woman gets out of our club?

About three a year?
  • good luck Karl i hope you get our club promoted

but just remember its not you ...yet

its who you work for !
  • Another Toy for RD to play with until he is fed up then he will be kicked out. Good Luck to Karl I just hope he can stand being told what to do by others!!!
  • edited November 2016
    I wish him well throughout his unknown term with us. If he loses our most talented players in the next window to "balance the books" he will not see out the season.

He will soon find out the owner and his CEO know nothing about football and have little (if any) interest in it.
  • First press conference will be interesting as I am sure he will have to field the usual questions about how much freedom he will have, and all that with the grinning moron next to him itching to put her foot in it.
  • Best of luck to him.

The key point in the club statement and the reason he got the job

"his approach to developing young players"

Let the conveyor belt continue. We are lucky that we get to see future stars of the premiership before they are sold. Cheers KM
  • Sponsored links:

• LordDofB said:

Mmmm the guy who signed Danny Green & Simon Church for MK Dons.

Chris Powell signed Church and hes considered a god at the Valley ?
  • Leuth said:

Surely the best manager the Belgians have appointed. If they give him time then perhaps things really will have changed a little bit. Here's hoping.

It's the hope that kills you.
  • If Robinson wears a shirt with No 7 on his back he will be an instant hit with the fans.
  • Hex said:

cafc-west said:

Hope he does well. Good record in L1 and been a promotion winning manager. Will get my full support as all new managers do at least for the first 15-20 games. Nearly all of my friends, who support a wide range of teams, seem to think we've got a good manager there who they expected to go to a Championship side. For some people on here everything has to be negative but sometimes you need to try and see the positive. I really do not think RD will sell Charlton until he has a decent chance of getting a large percentage of his "investment" back - and he will only get that with us in the Championship as a minimum - so the sooner we get back up the better chance of an ownership change and Robinson probably is best placed to help achieve that.

I too hope he gets us promotion (doing "well" will not be good enough for RD). This is effectively RD's last chance though because the continual losses in L1 will quickly exceed any possible return of his "investment" in the Championship. Especially as from next season in L1 (and L2) he will have to pay for losses with real cash instead of loans.
    RDs last chance :smile::smile::smile: Really ?
  • mogodon said:

How many more of these gushing new-manager announcements will we have to endure until that wretched woman gets out of our club?

I didn't read the "he will have full control of picking the team that Slade got" Full control on signings would be tooooooo much :smile:
  • I really hope he is given 2.5 years. Solid appointment.
  • SDAddick said:

colthe3rd said:

el-pietro said:

Taking a salary, basically being on gardening leave, is how it's done (or at least used to be done) in Italy. I think the hope would be that the manager being paid would get a new job and thus the club wouldn't have to continue paying them.
    this is how i believe it is done.

why would a manager take less than the contract was worth when they don't know when they will next be employed and why would a club pay up the full 2 1/2 year contract straight away when the manager could get a job within months
  • I don't like Karl. Over-rated, showed no class at all when Wolves winger Michal Zyro was hacked to pieces off the ball by his defender - didn't even get an apology.

We probably should have gone for his double - Darren Farley off the Coral ads.