Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karl Robinson (Ed. Page 79 - GONE- Mutual Consent)

Comments

• Options
    Oxford did lose again this time to Bristol Rovers

After getting 4 points from the first 2 games they have got 0 from the next 3.

14 players in this summer, wonder how long he will get 
  • Options
    Early days again but dont look like much has changed with old Robinson!!

Lost 4-2 tonight and down in 16th - Not brilliant when he was backed quite a bit in the summer

Seems Fosu started the first two games yet only got 20-mins tonight after missing the last two games
    Played 90 minutes yesterday and got a booking
  • Options
    Be a bit awkward if they do get rid seeing he's just been given a three year deal!!... Nothing has changed since last season though; Oxford got out of trouble and so high up the league because it was so tight at the bottom

With his signings this year they should be challenging for the Play-Offs at the very least!!
  • Options
    Oxford did lose again this time to Bristol Rovers

After getting 4 points from the first 2 games they have got 0 from the next 3.

14 players in this summer, wonder how long he will get 
    9 conceded in those 3 games too, suggests where their problems are.
  • Options
    Great performance by Peterborough today but a home 4-0 defeat isn't good...
    When did Karl Robinson return to MK Franchise
    I posted some real rubbish yesterday (even more than usual!). I blame the sun
  • Options
    Wouldn't be surprised if one of our youngsters ends up there on loan  
  • Options
    Lost 2-1 to Fleetwood.  1 place from relegation. Keep going. 
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Fosu only a late substitute
  • Options
    At least he’s being more flexible with formations.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pretty sure we lost there too last season 

• Options
    CafcSCP said:
    Pretty sure we lost there too last season 

When we had Hackett-Fairchild up front on his own
  • Options
    Believe it or not that was our last defeat in the league. 
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Both are the only two to beat us in 2019 (League)
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Fleetwood? Not (as we lost to Oxford). Certainly been an impressive 2019 though. 
  • Options
    We lot to Oxford away. Our last defeat at home was either Coventry or Wycombe in a game we were in control off. We did lose to Doncaster of course the play offs? However, just like Mourinho I don't count that as we won the game on penalties and wasn't in the league. 
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    We lot to Oxford away. Our last defeat at home was either Coventry or Wycombe in a game we were in control off. We did lose to Doncaster of course the play offs? However, just like Mourinho I don't count that as we won the game on penalties and wasn't in the league. 
    Coventry were the last away winners at the Valley
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Rudders22 said:
    In the regular league, excluding Doncaster in the play-offs and Forest Green in the Carabao Cup. 
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Will probably end up being 4th from bottom & survive relegation because of Bury.
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    In the regular league, excluding Doncaster in the play-offs and Forest Green in the Carabao Cup. 
    I'm going to have to do a Jose Mourinho on this one:

The Doncaster play-offs were a 2 legged tie - only the overall result counts: 4-4 (aet) Charlton  go through on penalties.

The Carabao Cup tie v Forest Green (with 11 changes to the starting lineup): 0-0 Charlton eliminated on penalties.

We can clearly see both games were drawn ..... and in the spirit of Mourinho, Charlton remain undefeated at The Valley since the Coventry home game. :smile:

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    He surely wont be there much longer, they must be massively under performing against their expenditure in that division.
  • Options
    I think he’s fairly decent at spotting players but his arrogance and lack of any tactical awareness stop him being any good 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    I think he’s fairly decent at spotting players but his arrogance and lack of any tactical awareness stop him being any good 
    Yeah I would agree with that. Been done to death on here but it's definitely his tactical stubborness that's going to hurt his career the most. Although maybe he doesn't have enough about him to change it up.
  • Options
    Certainly struggling in league 1 with a half decent budget suggests he’ll never be anything more than a lower league manager. He’ll always be dining out on that year he got MK dons promoted (and subsequently relegated). 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    As I have said before he may have benefitted early on by having the experienced John Gorman as his assistant. As well as Delle Ali coming through
  • Options
    When discussing Robbo. 

Let's remember that he brought both Bowyer and also Gallen to the club. 
  • Options
    Ken Craggs brought Lennie Lawrence.

That Bowyer and Gallen have done so well without Tarbuck tells us all we need to know about his management abilities.
  • Options
    Ken Craggs brought Lennie Lawrence.

That Bowyer and Gallen have done so well without Tarbuck tells us all we need to know about his management abilities.
    Slightly different 

Bowyer didn’t want to become a manager and was persuaded to come in  Lawrence applied for a job as Reserve Team Manager after seeing the advert in the Daily Express 

I agree that he wasn’t a particularly good manager