Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Karl Robinson (Ed. Page 79 - GONE- Mutual Consent)

Comments

• Adams said, "today, we were the ones that got on the front foot. We had a very good energy to the team.

“We knew that Oxford had gone swimming last night and we thought ‘well, they will be a bit jaded’.

“So we thought ‘listen, let’s try and run the legs off of them’ and we did that.

“We knew that energy levels wouldn’t be the same as ourselves because the swimming on a Friday night takes a lot out of your body.

“You become dehydrated and it was good for us that we capitalised on that.”

He continued: “We have tried it in the past where we have gone swimming on a Sunday before a Tuesday game, and I haven’t thought it worked.

“We don’t do that any more. We try and keep the legs and the body away from the swimming.”

I try to get in a 1500 metre swim 5 times a week since my early retirement.

I can confirm Adam's is absolutely correct. I feel completely knackered most of the time. I just wished that this information was made available when I set out on my quest six years ago :neutral:
    Well, now you know what it does to your body you can stop.
  • Adams said, "today, we were the ones that got on the front foot. We had a very good energy to the team.

“We knew that Oxford had gone swimming last night and we thought ‘well, they will be a bit jaded’.

“So we thought ‘listen, let’s try and run the legs off of them’ and we did that.

“We knew that energy levels wouldn’t be the same as ourselves because the swimming on a Friday night takes a lot out of your body.

“You become dehydrated and it was good for us that we capitalised on that.”

He continued: “We have tried it in the past where we have gone swimming on a Sunday before a Tuesday game, and I haven’t thought it worked.

“We don’t do that any more. We try and keep the legs and the body away from the swimming.”

I try to get in a 1500 metre swim 5 times a week since my early retirement.

I can confirm Adam's is absolutely correct. I feel completely knackered most of the time. I just wished that this information was made available when I set out on my quest six years ago :neutral:
    Well, now you know what it does to your body you can stop.

Robotson probably had them practising synchronised swimming in the deep end .. he really is a first class drongo

• edited January 2019

Adams said, "today, we were the ones that got on the front foot. We had a very good energy to the team.blockquote>

he had them practising synchronised swimming in the deep end .. he really is a first class air headed drongo

• Adams does not come over well IMO with that statement.
  • That picture above is far too close for comfort for my liking.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2019
    all 9 .. is that all of the squad that's fit for Saturday ? ((:>)
  • all 9 .. is that all of the squad that's fit for Saturday ? ((:>)
    None of 'em will be fit now :-(
  • Has something about Patrick Bauer scared Toby in that photo?
  • I thought you had photo shopped this, until I saw Solly at the back (in the shallow end) (his hair is obviously darker when wet)
  • This is doubly bad as;
    1. We now know they’ll all be too tired to kick a ball and
    2. I worry that Karel & Tomas took this session using their experimental 1-4-4 lineup with Solly in goal and Patrick part of a Robinson-esque front 4

I think the other two players are just climbing out of the pool returning their instruction sheets to Karel, the water having washed off the immortal commands “score a goal”...
  • Numbers said:

I thought you had photo shopped this, until I saw Solly at the back (in the shallow end) (his hair is obviously darker when wet)
    I spotted his baggy swim shorts
  • Solly's out of his depth so he's treading water
  • Just been issued with their 3rd winding up order in 6 months ..
  • J BLOCK said:

Just been issued with their 3rd winding up order in 6 months ..

Karl Robinson does easily wind up fans
  • Sponsored links:

• I always thought Robinson was a top manager and tactical genius :wink:

Yup, nice one Karl.
  • Decent squad out as well
    9 players who started the win againsy Portsmouth and the other 2 came off the bench in that game
  • Not sure the manager telling the players to pay this is a good way to help team spirit.

If the players had offered to do this, it would be different.

Kashi played tonight incidentally
  • The gift of the gob that's just keeps giving...🤡
  • MrLargo said:

"When you perform like that there's got to be a consequence for your actions, whether that's running, whether that's a financial burden, whatever that may be, that's got to hurt them in some way, shape or form."

Tickets were £10 each, not taking into account concessions. 101 Oxford supporters, they used all three substitutes so 14 players.

I make that £72.14 that each player's got to cough up. That's gonna make a hefty dent in their £3/4/5k a week salaries.

Call me cynical if you like, but I'm gonna call this a pointless, empty gesture by Sir Gobby McGobshite to take attention away from the fact that the team that he manages, that he is responsible for selecting, motivating and tactically organising, just got hit for 5 by a 4th Division team.

I seriously doubt there are many players at Oxford on 5,000 per week!

Average salaries in League One are around the 2,000 mark - that's why its so easy for even lower Championship clubs like Brentford to poach players like Konsa.
  • MrLargo said:

"When you perform like that there's got to be a consequence for your actions, whether that's running, whether that's a financial burden, whatever that may be, that's got to hurt them in some way, shape or form."

Tickets were £10 each, not taking into account concessions. 101 Oxford supporters, they used all three substitutes so 14 players.

I make that £72.14 that each player's got to cough up. That's gonna make a hefty dent in their £3/4/5k a week salaries.

Call me cynical if you like, but I'm gonna call this a pointless, empty gesture by Sir Gobby McGobshite to take attention away from the fact that the team that he manages, that he is responsible for selecting, motivating and tactically organising, just got hit for 5 by a 4th Division team.

I seriously doubt there are many players at Oxford on 5,000 per week!

Average salaries in League One are around the 2,000 mark - that's why its so easy for even lower Championship clubs like Brentford to poach players like Konsa.
    Only £2,000 a week? So after they've handed over their £72.14 to Karl, they'll only have about £8,500 to play with for the rest of the month, and that's before the taxman's had his cut. Tough times.

#jesuisOxfordplayers