Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karl Robinson (Ed. Page 79 - GONE- Mutual Consent)

Comments

• Options
    Measuring only by the % win rate is taking every draw as a loss, and not accounting the league level.

Robinson did have positive stats (27W-26L) but except for Slade/Nugent the others competed in the C-ship. Peeters with 7W-8L is undone by the % win rate, drawing 13.

With only 2 draws Bowyers win rate is decent but 7W-7L really is pretty bad "aiming for automatic promotion".
  • Options

Riga was ok. Slade, Fraeye, Peeters, Robinson and Luzon all shit.

Disagree on Peeters.

He got the defence and midfield sorted but could not get the final third working.
  • Options
    Peeters is still Manager of Westerlo
  • Options
    spent a considerable amount - nice bloke having met him once - but ultimately not a v good manager, and a master of bullshit bingo
  • Options

spent a considerable amount - nice bloke having met him once - but ultimately not a v good manager, and a master of bullshit bingo

Think he has got away with a lot by being friendly and chatty - imagine as others have said he'll end up in the media. Possibly the new Robbie Savage?(I don't mean this as a compliment).
  • Options
    A lot of people saying that he made some good signings - which is true. But can we give him the full credit for them - what about our recruitment team that changed back to proper scouting that season?
  • Options
    Gammon said:

A lot of people saying that he made some good signings - which is true. But can we give him the full credit for them - what about our recruitment team that changed back to proper scouting that season?

I'm assuming they must have had a part to play?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Riga was ok. Slade, Fraeye, Peeters, Robinson and Luzon all shit.

Disagree on Peeters.

He got the defence and midfield sorted but could not get the final third working.
    We were the last team to lose a match in the championship that season.
    Big Bob played a rigid system where he told the full backs not to get forward; this was confirmed by Wiggins at a meeting.
    This was a bad move in home matches.
    What did for Bob was Igor injury plus 3 gilt edges chances missed in last minutes of matches at the valley when we couldn't buy a win.
  • Options

Congratulations on the Karl Robinson thread reaching 100 pages.

Posters expending more wind than even our erstwhile manager. :smile:

• Options
    So no 9AM announcement and I can no longer find that so called jounalists twitter profile.
    As I said it was all made up bollocks
  • Options

So no 9AM announcement and I can no longer find that so called jounalists twitter profile.
    As I said it was all made up bollocks

You sound really disappointed, Paulie.

• Options
    MrLargo said:

Possibly the new Robbie Savage?(I don't mean this as a compliment).
    The day that being called "the new Robbie Savage" becomes classed as a compliment is the day I stop living on Earth and move to Neptune to start my own Invitation-only civilization.

I'm starting to miss Robbo, not so much for the abysmal football he delivered, but I did look forward to reading the drivel he came out with to explain our latest poor performance. One of my favourite post match press conferences was probably after we drew at home to Bury last season:

"“Everyone knows Bury are in a false position. Everyone knows they’ve got top players that will compete against teams in this league."

Bury were relegated last season, bottom of the table, 15 points from safety, with a goal difference of -30. Well done Karl.
    Just imagine a radio show presented by KR and Robbie Savage!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

I used to love his pre-match video ..... where he would go into some detail to tell us (and the opposition) exactly how we would play that day.

Not that they gained much of an Advantage. The opposition scouts didn't have to watch us very much to know how we'd play.
  • Options

MrLargo said:

Possibly the new Robbie Savage?(I don't mean this as a compliment).
    The day that being called "the new Robbie Savage" becomes classed as a compliment is the day I stop living on Earth and move to Neptune to start my own Invitation-only civilization.

I'm starting to miss Robbo, not so much for the abysmal football he delivered, but I did look forward to reading the drivel he came out with to explain our latest poor performance. One of my favourite post match press conferences was probably after we drew at home to Bury last season:

"“Everyone knows Bury are in a false position. Everyone knows they’ve got top players that will compete against teams in this league."

Bury were relegated last season, bottom of the table, 15 points from safety, with a goal difference of -30. Well done Karl.
    Just imagine a radio show presented by KR and Robbie Savage!
    Robbie & Gobbie show.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Oggy Red said:

I used to love his pre-match video ..... where he would go into some detail to tell us (and the opposition) exactly how we would play that day.

Not that they gained much of an Advantage. The opposition scouts didn't have to watch us very much to know how we'd play.
    Of course, Robbo overtalked to such an extent that none of our players could remember what to do in the match.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Thought Robinson was an OK League One manager. Limited, but, on balance OK and he had achieved promotion from that level previously.

For me, since the January 2014 change of ownership our best managers have been Bowyer and Jackson (not too many games yet to assess them on but based solely on the late burst that got us to the play-offs) followed by Riga and Luzon (notwithstanding both of them having periods where they couldn't get results)...our most average Peeters and Slade....and our worst by some distance Fraeye. I'd put Robinson in that list slightly above Peeters/Slade.

Luzon in top 3 of our best managers for last few years shows what a clusterfuck of a club we have become. Just looked up all of the managers Duchâtelet has appointed at Charlton, what successful careers they have gone on to have...

- Riga now managing a team in Tunisia called Club Africain who are a multi sports team!

- Luzon managing an Israeli team in Jerusalem who have recently announced they will add ‘Trump’ to the team name permanently in honour of you know who!

- Peeters managing Westerlo, a second division team in Belgium who look similar in size to Colchester.

- Fraeye surprisingly unemployed.

- Kevin’s Nugent now unemployed.

- Slade unemployed

- Robinson seemingly soon to be unemployed.
    Think you'll find there's a good chance of finding Fraeye at Roland's new hotel waiting tables, carrying suitcases, doing the washing up and everything else a good butler does.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

This without doubt wound me up most about that fool being in charge.
    Why do it other than you enjoy the sound of your own voice.
    No one at any club has ever done this before or since.
  • Options

Think he has got away with a lot by being friendly and chatty - imagine as others have said he'll end up in the media. Possibly the new Robbie Savage?(I don't mean this as a compliment).
    this - met him at city addicks and he tried to come across as a bit of a lad, but nice chap.
  • Options

Thought Robinson was an OK League One manager. Limited, but, on balance OK and he had achieved promotion from that level previously.

For me, since the January 2014 change of ownership our best managers have been Bowyer and Jackson (not too many games yet to assess them on but based solely on the late burst that got us to the play-offs) followed by Riga and Luzon (notwithstanding both of them having periods where they couldn't get results)...our most average Peeters and Slade....and our worst by some distance Fraeye. I'd put Robinson in that list slightly above Peeters/Slade.

Luzon in top 3 of our best managers for last few years shows what a clusterfuck of a club we have become. Just looked up all of the managers Duchâtelet has appointed at Charlton, what successful careers they have gone on to have...

- Riga now managing a team in Tunisia called Club Africain who are a multi sports team!

- Luzon managing an Israeli team in Jerusalem who have recently announced they will add ‘Trump’ to the team name permanently in honour of you know who!

- Peeters managing Westerlo, a second division team in Belgium who look similar in size to Colchester.

- Fraeye surprisingly unemployed.

- Kevin’s Nugent now unemployed.

- Slade unemployed

- Robinson seemingly soon to be unemployed.
    Think you'll find there's a good chance of finding Fraeye at Roland's new hotel waiting tables, carrying suitcases, doing the washing up and everything else a good butler does.
    And there is Golfie having Riga "back in a heartbeat".
  • Options
    He said, "I feel the players have to stick together a bit more ...."

Sounds to me like the players are not playing for each other.
    Team spirit is on the floor.

You've lost the dressing room, Karl.
    You know what that means .... ?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Wait, wait, I've got this... They need to smile more?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Never had the dressing room. Bloke is an embarrassing bellend.
  • Options
    KR lost the dressing room here, but did not take LB long to find it again