Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Karl Robinson (Ed. Page 79 - GONE- Mutual Consent)

Comments

• JonnyK said:

Came 5th five times in a row.

Just thinking of managers that won the league during that time...

Wasn't there that guy that romped the league with no money and got the record points score?

I think that bloke had a serious budget behind him compared to MK.
    Sold Carl Jenkinson and spent less than a quarter of that fee on transfers. Powell himself has said on more than one occasion that he only paid fees for two players. I believe they were Wiggins and Stephens.

We did probably have the largest wage budget in the league at that time though.
  • We paid fee's for Danny Green and Ben Hamer too.
  • luke1 said:

We paid fee's for Danny Green and Ben Hamer too.

Not according to Powell. Some were Undisclosed but actually frees.
  • Oh and Morrison.. maybe Lawrie Wilson too.
  • luke1 said:

Oh and Morrison.. maybe Lawrie Wilson too.

Wilson was the following year after promotion. I'll repeat again that Powell has said on more than one occasion that he only paid fees for 2 players. Unless you have anything to suggest otherwise I'll believe the great man.
  • edited November 2016
    Morrison and Stephens in 2011, Button and Wilson in 2012.

Not sure about BWP as Plymouth wanted him off the wage bill.
  • Morrison and Stephens in 2011, Button and Wilson in 2012.

I thought we paid for Wright-Phillips because that was from the Spurs money?
  • JonnyK said:

Wasn't there that guy that romped the league with no money and got the record points score?

Sold Carl Jenkinson and spent less than a quarter of that fee on transfers. Powell himself has said on more than one occasion that he only paid fees for two players. I believe they were Wiggins and Stephens.

I think you'll find both Sheffield clubs and Huddersfield had a larger wage budget (up to 40% bigger). Milan Mandric certainly alluded to this. I think Sheff U still had a bigger wage bill than us when they knocked us out the FA Cup 2 years later and we were then a division higher. Those 4 clubs were well clear of the rest but we were the lowest of the 4 I believe
  • Robinson also wants Richie Barker in as his Number Two

http://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/11800/new-charlton-boss-robinson-keen-bringing-mk-number-two-barker/

Wouldnt be a bad No.2 as he's got Management experience at Bury / Crawley / Portsmouth himself but where does it leave Kevin Nugent and more important, where does it leave Chris O'Loughlin?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2016

didn't realise he was still only 36

I posted yesterday that he was only 30 when he became a manager, can't believe you don't read all my posts Large :disappointed: .
  • Morrison and Stephens in 2011, Button and Wilson in 2012.

I thought we paid for Wright-Phillips because that was from the Spurs money?
    Was the year before... but yes...
  • JonnyK said:

I think you'll find both Sheffield clubs and Huddersfield had a larger wage budget (up to 40% bigger). Milan Mandric certainly alluded to this. I think Sheff U still had a bigger wage bill than us when they knocked us out the FA Cup 2 years later and we were then a division higher. Those 4 clubs were well clear of the rest but we were the lowest of the 4 I believe
    Proves my point even more then. We didn't buy the league.
  • JonnyK said:

For avoidance of doubt I agree entirely
  • JonnyK said:

For avoidance of doubt I agree entirely

JonnyK said:

The ONLY way we brought the League if we did was thanks to our run in the FA Cup and the fact our Academy managed to produce Carl Jenkinson selling him on for a profit which was credit to how we produce players!!

http://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/11800/new-charlton-boss-robinson-keen-bringing-mk-number-two-barker/

Wouldnt be a bad No.2 as he's got Management experience at Bury / Crawley / Portsmouth himself but where does it leave Kevin Nugent and more important, where does it leave Chris O'Loughlin?

Director of Football?

Director of Football?
    Nah Katie is enjoying doing that role herself remember.
  • sam3110 said:

The 36-year old arrives at The Valley on a two-and-a-half-month deal

Fixed for accuracy.
  • luke1 said:

Oh and Morrison.. maybe Lawrie Wilson too.

Wilson was the following year after promotion. I'll repeat again that Powell has said on more than one occasion that he only paid fees for 2 players. Unless you have anything to suggest otherwise I'll believe the great man.
    Danny Haynes cost a bit in January. To be honest we spent the money very well but we had a big budget for league 1
  • Sponsored links:

• So, a new manager.

For this one, the club couldn't even be arsed to find the bloke who knows how to work the camera and get one of scarfy's old mates out of the museum for the traditional photo for the web site?

Doesn't bode well does it?
  • I've always thought of him as arrogant & obnoxious. He'll fit in well!

That's funny. He thought exactly the same about you and hasn't met you either!!
  • Was Slade on a 3yr appointment?? Karl get 2.5, does the next guy in 6 months time get 2yrs??

It seems to be in effect Slade's contract.

Takes him up to the end of the 2018-19 season.

• Does this mean we're going to improve our ranking?