Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Karl Robinson (Ed. Page 79 - GONE- Mutual Consent)

Comments

• It really will be hilarious if we've given him the boot come the end of the season. I really would love to be a fly on the wall now when these interviews take place. How does KM circumvent or explain the pig missiles, the taxis to Belgium. Do these things just get ignored by both parties.

Of course Robinson gets a clean slate from me but you have to wonder about his credibility and wanting to take the job under such circumstances. Surely people talk in the game.

I will watch the next few months with interest
  • didn't realise he was still only 36

Well, you do now.

Two years older than Curbs when he took charge along with Gritt
  • Well now it could get interesting.
    I think this might be the best manager we have had since Powell, as our Belgian Warlords slowly but surely begin to show that they might have learned SOMETHING finally since they have been here. But who knows? We shall see.
    But if things do start to improve on the pitch, and we continue the climb from the last two games, and I think we will, what happens when there is a conflict of interest between RD and the new "outstanding" interim?
    When Karl baby discovers that Roly baby owns the ball, keeps the ball, and only lets people he wants play?
    Because with the current Charlton, the set up is spectacularly unique. Meaning weird. And random. And knee jerk. And huh. Oh and without reason and contrary to reports too.
  • Was Slade on a 3yr appointment?? Karl get 2.5, does the next guy in 6 months time get 2yrs??

It's because Roland sells up at end of 2018/2019 season :wink:
  • Will certainly spice up our game with AFC Wimbledon...if he's still here by then.
  • Came 5th five times in a row.

Just thinking of managers that won the league during that time...

Wasn't there that guy that romped the league with no money and got the record points score?

I think that bloke had a serious budget behind him compared to MK.
  • Sponsored links:

• Splodge said:

I don't like Karl. Over-rated, showed no class at all when Wolves winger Michal Zyro was hacked to pieces off the ball by his defender - didn't even get an apology.

We probably should have gone for his double - Darren Farley off the Coral ads.

As an opposition manager that's not good. But if he's our manager I have no problem, if he's not all nicey nicey with the opposition.
    Charlton have always been too nice. It'll be good to show a bit of steel. We might even show some bottle at Millwall.
    And a lot would change their tunes CE, if we won there..
  • @ElfsborgAddick £50 please.

I'll bung you next time I'm at The Valley.
    This can't keep happening.
  • more enthused about KR than I was Brussell. Can't believe KM never mentioned 'we have learnt from our mistakes'.
    Welcome Karl and good luck, you are going to need it.

Having watched us in action both last Saturday and on Tuesday I can only think that he isn't in charge on Saturday only because they don't want his reign to start on a protest match day.

Not read all of the comments, so forgive me if I have the same idea as someone else. I couldn't help envisaging KM rehearsing what she was going to say, and the new comms man standing behind her shouting "NO! NO! NO!" every time she couldn't help herself coming out with the: 'we have learnt from our mistakes' line, until she finally got it right the 10th attempt. :smiley:
  • edited November 2016
    Welcome Karl. Good luck. I hope you do well because if you do well then so will Charlton.
  • more enthused about KR than I was Brussell. Can't believe KM never mentioned 'we have learnt from our mistakes'.
    Welcome Karl and good luck, you are going to need it.

Having watched us in action both last Saturday and on Tuesday I can only think that he isn't in charge on Saturday only because they don't want his reign to start on a protest match day.

Not read all of the comments, so forgive me if I have the same idea as someone else. I couldn't help envisaging KM rehearsing what she was going to say, and the new comms man standing behind her shouting "NO! NO! NO!" every time she couldn't help herself coming out with the: 'we have learnt from our mistakes' line, until she finally got it right the 10th attempt. :smiley:
    so that is why the announcement was held up so long, Katie kept fluffing her lines.
  • In isolation it's a pretty reasonable appointment (even though I think he's overrated just because he's younger than most managers) but ultimately it's not going to work under this ownership regardless.
  • Sponsored links:

• JonnyK said:

Came 5th five times in a row.

Wasn't there that guy that romped the league with no money and got the record points score?

Lower budget than Parkinson in 2010/11 and 2009/10. Lower budget than SUFC, SWFC and HTFC.
    Think the point he was making is that Robinson had a smaller budget at MK and always kept them in and around play offs
  • edited November 2016

JonnyK said:

Lower budget than Parkinson in 2010/11 and 2009/10. Lower budget than SUFC, SWFC and HTFC.
    Think the point he was making is that Robinson had a smaller budget at MK and always kept them in and around play offs
    Understand, but the "serious budget" is massively overplayed. Charlton were always going to be one of the bigger clubs in that division. The notion that they bought promotion is a myth. I have no idea what budget MK might have had, but I doubt if it was as far away from Charlton's as people might think.
  • So basically, Karl is the closest they could get to reappointing Karel without a riot.

Well played Daisy.
  • JonnyK said:

And now he has a 'top six budget' that gets you Kevin Foley in midfield.
  • Has anybody seen Karl Robinson and James Corden in the same room before?
  • Why the desperation to have a manager under contract until 2018/19?
    Slade had his 3yr deal and Robinson seems to have just taken over than
  • cafctom said:

Has anybody seen Karl Robinson and James Corden in the same room before?

Yes.
  • Stand by, fasten your safety belts, put on your safety helmets, this is where it starts, the climb back to the premier league. You may scoff, you may ridicule, and I am not KM, or employed by the regime in any way, but be ready, I am warning you, here we go :wink: