Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karl Robinson (Ed. Page 79 - GONE- Mutual Consent)

Comments

• Options
    Enjoy your 15 games in charge mate then off you go.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Fine Ill post it.

• Options
    Yawn...........!
  • Options
    welcome Karl and all the very best of luck and good fortune
  • Options
    "Following a thorough appointment process"

Russel Slade sacked on the 14th of November
    Karl Robinson hired on the 24th of November
  • Options
    They could appoint my next door neighbour's cat manager for all the real influence able to be exerted.

He is just there as a shield for O'Loughlin and will get a nice pay off in 3 to 6 months time.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Came 5th five times in a row.

Just thinking of managers that won the league during that time...

Wasn't there that guy that romped the league with no money and got the record points score?

2010-11 - 5th
    2011-12 - 5th
    2012-13 - 8th
    2013-14 - 10th
    2014-15 - 2nd
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

"Following a thorough appointment process"

Russel Slade sacked on the 14th of November
    Karl Robinson hired on the 24th of November

to be fair ten days is a long time, must Clubs have a new boss at least lined up before they sack the old boss
  • Options
    Good luck Karl - lets just hope the fans give you the support you deserve and help us get out of this league.Onwards and Upwards.COYR
  • Options

Came 5th five times in a row.

Just thinking of managers that won the league during that time...

Wasn't there that guy that romped the league with no money and got the record points score?

Not that i can think of??
    The only one i can think of had money and brought in their pick of players including player of the year from other clubs in league 1 so effectively numbing the opponents
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

LordDofB said:

Mmmm the guy who signed Danny Green & Simon Church for MK Dons.

Or, the manager who recognised his talent and played Dele Alli as a 16 year old.
    Probably wasn't that difficult to be fair.

Welcome to the madhouse Karl, good luck.
  • Options
    2 and a half year deal. Well. That worked out well for Slade didn't it (sacked 6 months into a 3 year deal).

Best out of poor bunch but I like he is saying attractive football. However it doesn't remove the actual root problem of the club which is RD. You can say all this guff about exciting times etc Katy but let's face it. We've heard it all before.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Only just realised... Robinson takes charge on Monday which means his first game will be against... MK Dons in the FA Cup.

Bet the BBC wish they'd put us on TV now dont they!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Meh.
  • Options
    Another terrible decision.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Back to back English managers who know the league. Have to say I'm surprised. It's clearly far too late to mend the bridges but at least it's one of the things the masses have been calling for.

I think he's a decent appointment for this level. Realistically we're not going to be able to attract much better in the current situation. Will be interesting to see how he handles the Belgians as he doesn't seem the type to back down when pressured.

I agree with this, feels like a sound appointment, but what's he dealing with behind the scenes? Coaches forced upon him, scouts sitting on a laptop in Belgium and an owner who can't help but start to try and dictate who does and doesn't play. How is he going to have any luck influencing that lot more than Powell or Slade could?
  • Options
    Great appointment
  • Options
    How many managers are currently being paid by Charlton? By that I mean how many would still be here if not sacked. If they haven't taken on new jobs then they would still be being paid right?
  • Options
    LordDofB said:

Mmmm the guy who signed Danny Green & Simon Church for MK Dons.

But not the guy who signed them both for Charlton.