Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Coming to us

More punters or an excuse to relocate a 2nd division club slipping into the non-leagues?

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1962582

IMO the general covering of industrial grime around the Woolwich Road is part of my upbringing and I would feel sorry to see it smartened up in a perverse way. I guess times move on though!

Comments

• Options
    Hmmm. This could go two ways.

1) Roland sell's the land and relocates us to a smaller ground. The land must be worth £200M plus
    2) He finally sell's the club and we start to climb the leagues and get more punters in.

It's a shame that we are losing pubs in the area at an alarming rate.
  • Options
    robroy said:

Hmmm. This could go two ways.

1) Roland sell's the land and relocates us to a smaller ground. The land must be worth £200M plus
    2) He finally sell's the club and we start to climb the leagues and get more punters in.

It's a shame that we are losing pubs in the area at an alarming rate.

200m for our plot of land?! Hahahahhaha
  • Options
    Thanks for this @soapy_jones. I'm moving into Greenwich Millenium Village next month, so thanks for making me aware of what's going on!
  • Options
    Massive opportunity for us to grow support ...but unlikely with our current SMT
  • Options

More punters or an excuse to relocate a 2nd division club slipping into the non-leagues?

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1962582

IMO the general covering of industrial grime around the Woolwich Road is part of my upbringing and I would feel sorry to see it smartened up in a perverse way. I guess times move on though!

I admire your positivity !
  • Options
    As you have probably guessed from all my links in threads over the years, i have a passion for this sort of thing, architecture and modern planning. Who would of thought it eh, AND train spotting!

The derogatory term "tower block" grates on me. A throw back to bad 60's planning and failed social engineering. The reality is high rise in central London. It is the only way to cater for the influx of people. The transport for this has to be right though. As for Charlton Athletic, we have other more pressing battles to fight.

Happy to see the Woolwich Road area tarted up though.
  • Options
    Is that the Galloard / U+I scheme?