Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Child abuse within football (Charlton mentioned pg 4)

Comments

• Options

the latest is allegedly chelsea paid off a lad 50k and sign a gagging order. sorry that lads parents are a disgrace. no amoint of money or the desperation of my child to become a footballer would buy my silence

Lad? The guy accepted the 50k last year and he's 57!
  • Options
    Chelsea really are becoming notorious for cover ups and "pay offs" aren't they.
  • Options

the latest is allegedly chelsea paid off a lad 50k and sign a gagging order. sorry that lads parents are a disgrace. no amoint of money or the desperation of my child to become a footballer would buy my silence

Think you're mistaken Mart mate. The ex player in question, Gary Johnson, has gotta be early 60's.

• Options
    oh he's 57
  • Options
    Let's not forget there was no PC in 70s. Fair play to Chelsea, once they realised there were skeletons in the cupboard, they imediately launched a high level enquiry and removed the gagging order on the guy.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    ....only as soon as it came out in to the public domain did they launch their 'high level' enquiry
  • Options
    55 clubs involved now, how long until a big name comes up?
  • Options
    "The payment, made in the past three years, was agreed on condition that the victim, his family and lawyers were banned from talking about the alleged abuse."

Last 3 years? They're screwed.
  • Options

"The payment, made in the past three years, was agreed on condition that the victim, his family and lawyers were banned from talking about the alleged abuse."

Last 3 years? They're screwed.

Really that is staggering incompetence on their part bordering on concealment of a crime which may see stir for senior employees! Wonder if they have any embarrasing e-mails knocking about.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chuck them the fuck out the football league. And a 10 year ban before they can re-enter, no matter how many times they win the conference don't let them come up. Fine 98% of revenue for the next 20 years and take all fixed assets.

Hiding things like this is almost as bad as the actual crime. The fact that it's happened recently just makes it even worse.

If it was down to me I'd be banging people in prison for it.
  • Options
    http://talksport.com/football/ex-chelsea-player-gary-johnson-says-club-paid-him-ps50000-sign-abuse-claim-gagging-order

Former Chelsea striker Gary Johnson, 57, said the Premier League club asked him to sign a "gagging order" and has called for "total transparency".

It was reported earlier this week that Chelsea had made a payment to an individual in the last three years following allegations regarding former chief scout Eddie Heath.

Speaking to the Daily Mirror, which reported that Chelsea had now waived the confidentiality clause in Johnson's settlement, which was made last year, he said: "I think that they were paying me to keep a lid on this. Millions of fans around the world watch Chelsea. They are one of the biggest and richest clubs in the world.

"All their fans deserve to know the truth about what went on. I know they asked me to sign a gagging order and how many others are there out there?

So Chelsea made Johnson sign a gagging order too but then removed the confidentiality clause?
  • Options
    edited December 2016

Chuck them the fuck out the football league. And a 10 year ban before they can re-enter, no matter how many times they win the conference don't let them come up. Fine 98% of revenue for the next 20 years and take all fixed assets.

Hiding things like this is almost as bad as the actual crime. The fact that it's happened recently just makes it even worse.

Will be a few more clubs out there canters who'd have done this.
    Going off topic a bit but cover ups happen before our eyes
    Currently a 100 year banning order on finding out information on a certain pedophile who was involved in a school massacre a few years back i wonder why that is.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38185414

Football sex abuse: Southampton contact police inquiry

Sinners at Saints?
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    clb74 said:

Will be a few more clubs out there canters who'd have done this.
    Going off topic a bit but cover ups happen before our eyes
    Currently a 100 year banning order on finding out information on a certain pedophile who was involved in a school massacre a few years back i wonder why that is.
    I'm sure your right. But to me just because it's commonplace doesn't make it okay. We make a few examples and then thrse organisations know it's best to deal with these things properly. If you cover it up it will still come out eventually and you'll portray your organisation in a worse light.

For me to know about something like this and actively cover it up is to at best condone the actions and in my view us almost as bad as the actual crime.

That this could happen in 2016 is incredible. You expect cover ups like this in the 70s or 80s but now? It's beyond belief.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    No it's not alright canter s
    But people do cover things up
    Of the 2 teams I played for In the 80s both had peodos running training the teams.
    The one in penge even made national news at the time as he went on the run
  • Options
    clb74 said:

No it's not alright canter s
    But people do cover things up
    Of the 2 teams I played for In the 80s both had peodos running training the teams.
    The one in penge even made national news at the time as he went on the run

Geez, clb. I just looked up your reference to the 100 year banning order... absolutely mental.

Reminds me a lot of the Elm Guest House - with it's links to child sexual abuse, and in a few cases even murder, but the complete and utter lack of accountability or answers is astonishing. Now the Edward Heath investigation is in the press again - a bloody Prime Minister FFS!

For something so utterly wrong and incomprehensible, it sure did seem to permeate throughout classes, professions and just about any other barrier you can think of. I hope that one day it's all out in the open, sadly I get the impression that we'll never get answers until a whole generation passes on... and by then, who would really want to fight for answers or investigate?

The odds are stacked against whoever tries to figure this mess out.
  • Options
    http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2016/12/chelsea-board-statement.html

Seems they're blaming an 'external law firm' for the clause and pay-off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited December 2016
    Our name has now come up:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/warned-fa-football-paedophile-30-9388930

"Russel Davy claimed he was abused as a 15-year-old at Charlton by Heath, who had turned up there after getting the sack from Chelsea."

“So I did actually write a letter to the FA telling them what had happened to me, naming Eddie Heath as the person who had done it and naming Charlton Athletic.

“I begged them to investigate so it wouldn’t happen to any youngsters coming through the ranks.

“But I never got a reply back or any response, I don’t know if it was thrown in the bin but I did write it.

“It makes me angry. I was abandoned then and I still feel like nobody cares. I just want answers.

“I would love to speak to some of the other coaches at Charlton now. I am sure someone at the club knew.”
  • Options
    Oh.... my god.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Awful. Not that it matters which club it happens at but it's a shame.
  • Options
    How long was Heath at Charlton after Chelsea?

If it was apparently common knowledge that Heath was a paedo (according to Alan Hudson), why did we go anywhere near him?
  • Options

Kentish Independent 29/12/83
  • Options
    Someone said this in the week, didn't they? Three years at Sparrows Lane. Just awful.
  • Options

Kentish Independent 29/12/83

I presume that others will come forward from the club's mention.
  • Options
    The way this is going, it sounds like it'll be a surprise if a club ISN'T mentioned by an ex-player.
  • Options
    edited December 2016