Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rudd To Leave in January?

Would have thought Norwich will want some cash for him? Could we buy him? Could he get a better offer?

http://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/11266/charlton-face-nervous-wait-norwich-holding-recall-option-goalkeeper/

Comments

• Options
    Bye Bye Declan... Would love us to sign him ourselves but reckon it'll only be on a Free Transfer.

The fact that Alex Neil's role is under threat is the other worry because any new bloke might want to recall Rudd for a few weeks to see what he can do in front of him on the training pitch before deciding whether to loan him to another Championship club and so try to put a spanner (No not those Spanners) in the works of their rivals.

Don't really blame the regime for this one...

We knew Rudd was potentially signing for a while and it did take a while to get over the line so the fact there is the recall might have been the sticking point (i.e. I reckon we didnt want it in there whilst Norwich refused to let us have him if it wasnt there)
  • Options
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • Options
    This is what happens when you sell all your goalkeepers and don't bother to replace them properly!
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Bye Bye Declan... Would love us to sign him ourselves but reckon it'll only be on a Free Transfer.

The fact that Alex Neil's role is under threat is the other worry because any new bloke might want to recall Rudd for a few weeks to see what he can do in front of him on the training pitch before deciding whether to loan him to another Championship club and so try to put a spanner (No not those Spanners) in the works of their rivals.

Don't really blame the regime for this one...

We knew Rudd was potentially signing for a while and it did take a while to get over the line so the fact there is the recall might have been the sticking point (i.e. I reckon we didnt want it in there whilst Norwich refused to let us have him if it wasnt there)

Dont blame the regime for this one?? They sold all 3 of our goalkeepers and brought in 1 on loan with an option to be recalled in January, that is bloody shocking.
    Missed It said:

This is what happens when you sell all your goalkeepers and don't bother to replace them properly!

Tend to agree with the latter statement. We lost Pope and Henderson, our two first team keepers and replaced them with one on loan in the knowledge that he might be recalled. Phillips might well turn out to be excellent but we lack experience in probably the most important position on the park to have experience in the event that things don't work out for the youngster.

The other aspect is that the back four have got used to playing with Rudd and formed a relationship. Potentially they will have to do so now with another two if not three keepers this season which isn't exactly ideal.
  • Options
    Rudd's possible departure brings you back to reality very quickly after last night!

I suppose the only silver lining is that most Premiership clubs have 3 or 4 keepers on their books. If the worst was to happen with Rudd, surely even Daisy could get one of them in on loan? How about Pope, for example, who will never get first team action with Burnley as long as Heaton is there.

EDIT: Just realised that she probably is incapable of even doing this. Let's hope Phillips is ready to step up permanently.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Rudd's possible departure brings you back to reality very quickly after last night!

I suppose the only silver lining is that most Premiership clubs have 3 or 4 keepers on their books. If the worst was to happen with Rudd, surely even Daisy could get one of them in on loan? How about Pope, for example, who will never get first team action with Burnley as long as Heaton is there.

EDIT: Just realised that she probably is incapable of even doing this. Let's hope Phillips is ready to step up permanently.

£10m + for Lookman... Rudd back off to Norwich

She wont need to panic if she cant ship off Ba and Teixeira in January now!!
  • Options

We can only play one goalkeeper ... :-)

Well let's hope your brother still has his gloves just in case.
  • Options
    Getting another keeper in shouldn't be that hard

Rudd has been excellent for us, but it's not as if he's making 5 or 6 top class saves a match like Heaton is for Burnley. Pearce and Bauer would be a decent Championship pairing
  • Options

Rudd has been excellent for us, but it's not as if he's making 5 or 6 top class saves a match like Heaton is for Burnley. Pearce and Bauer would be a decent Championship pairing

Its because he's not having to because Solly / Foley | Bauer | Pearce | Fox are doing their job... Dont forget the times he has been called into action though, i.e. the reflexed save to stop Coventry equalising

What we need is a back five that is settled and regular... thats happened and we're seeing the clean sheets come because they all know and trust each other and we're seeing similar signs between the Defence of this year (18-games conceded at this stage) and the Defence that won the League (14-goals were conceded at this stage).

Losing Rudd and getting someone completely new will mean the Defence will have to start from scratch with them.
  • Options

Its because he's not having to because Solly / Foley | Bauer | Pearce | Fox are doing their job... Dont forget the times he has been called into action though, i.e. the reflexed save to stop Coventry equalising

What we need is a back five that is settled and regular... thats happened and we're seeing the clean sheets come because they all know and trust each other and we're seeing similar signs between the Defence of this year (18-games conceded at this stage) and the Defence that won the League (14-goals were conceded at this stage).

Losing Rudd and getting someone completely new will mean the Defence will have to start from scratch with them.
    Obviously I'd rather we didn't lose him, but we didn't fall apart at the back last night without him, and with good coaching it shouldn't take our defence that long to get used to a new keeper

After all in 1998 Ilic came in from nowhere and set new records for clean sheets!
  • Options
    I thought I read he didn't have that clause in his contract?

Importantly he was told he didn't have a future at Norwich and also stated he would like to come to Charlton.

We need Norwich to go on a run of results and stick with the keepers they have (though I believe they are both playing pretty shite at the moment) they can forget about Rudd and we'll pick him up on a free.
  • Options
    Sign him up Roland.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Importantly he was told he didn't have a future at Norwich and also stated he would like to come to Charlton.

We need Norwich to go on a run of results and stick with the keepers they have (though I believe they are both playing pretty shite at the moment) they can forget about Rudd and we'll pick him up on a free.

Its interesting that in both reports from Charlton and Norwich there isnt a mention of the recall ability

Doesnt that usually get included in the article when a Player signs on loan?

http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/norwich-city-charlton-athletic-loan-3220327.aspx
    http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-new-signing-declan-rudd-3220652.aspx
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Swisdom said:

Its interesting that in both reports from Charlton and Norwich there isnt a mention of the recall ability

http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/norwich-city-charlton-athletic-loan-3220327.aspx
    http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-new-signing-declan-rudd-3220652.aspx
    It is probably buried in the small print of the contract under "emergency recall option", And conceding 21 goals in the last 9 matches probably fulfills that criteria.
  • Options

Swisdom said:

It is probably buried in the small print of the contract under "emergency recall option", And conceding 21 goals in the last 9 matches probably fulfills that criteria.
    I did notice that when we loaned Harriott to Colchester there was no mention of a recall clause in there but then we only chose to recall him about a day or two before the end of his loan anyway so not sure if that was a weird exception?
  • Options
    I'm fairly confident we could get him cheap should we wish.
  • Options

Obviously I'd rather we didn't lose him, but we didn't fall apart at the back last night without him, and with good coaching it shouldn't take our defence that long to get used to a new keeper

After all in 1998 Ilic came in from nowhere and set new records for clean sheets!
    For every ilic, there's at least one Thuram.
    Difference is that Ilic wasn't brought in by this regime!
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Swisdom said:

Coquelin was told he would be released in the summer, came to us recalled due to an injury crisis, first team regular. Things change!

He is much better than this league and it won't have gone un noticed by championship clubs, he will really have to want to stay for us to keep him.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

it is probably just Norwich reminding us that they want a fee for him (rather than just letting him walk in the summer) and can get that fee elsewhere if we are going to try and get out of paying.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Wigan have just lost Adam Bogdan to injury for the season... He was only on loan from Liverpool

From all the teams in the Championship, they'd look an obvious contender for him as looking through the other teams at the bottom and their Goalkeepers, they've already got cemented No.1's (i.e. Camp @ Rotherham | Steele @ Blackburn)
  • Options
    Only been to three games this season. Rudd looks decent but not irreplaceable from those games I have seen. Not many to go on and people will be better placed to judge but I would have thought there would be a number of PL reserve keepers more than capable to step in if needed.