Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Proof the FA are idiots

Hearing that the FA have interviewed Southgate for the England job when his was the only interview proves what a waste of space these people are. These are people who let Hodgson pocket £3m a year over three major tournaments which he failed miserably in. Now I am not saying Southgate shouldn't get the job, but seeing as he has managed the U21s for yonks and has managed England for 4 games, why does he need an interview FFS! Why not give him another 4 games and make that his interview!!!!! These people with blazers just like the feeling of importance the process gives them - they are incapable of thinking logically. They will probably give Southgate a much longer contract than they need to and much more money - where as the big money should be solely linked to results. I mean - barcelona aren't going to come in and nick him!

Comments

• Funny you should create this thread... Was just wondering where to put this...

https://t.co/SivMqagqYh
  • At least they didn't send it to Um Bongo!
  • edited November 2016
    They should take the opportunity to see how he does in games- they have already got him managing us for important games - four of them so far where I think he has done ok but not fantastically. They have already interviewed him for the U21s job and will have had regular and numerous meetings with him. The won't learn anything they don't already know in an interview, but they might over the next four games and if he does well he should get the job and if he doesn't they can look for a new manager - with potentially Wenger available. Why should common sense not beat procedures!
  • Of all the things wrong with the FA, interviewing their next potential full time manager is an odd one to get up in arms about.
  • Funny you should create this thread... Was just wondering where to put this...

https://t.co/SivMqagqYh

Sounds like an organisation just made for Pinnochio.

• From what i've read it was described as his 'interview' but was more a conversation about what was expected of him, what coaching staff he'd like to have and just a general discussion on his thoughts on the job so far.

They already know him pretty well seeing as he was the Under 21 manager for 3 years.
  • FA "Hi Gareth, thanks for coming in"
    GS "No problem"
    FA "Do you want the job"
    GS "Yes"
    FA "Ok it's yours..." (Shuffles some paperwork for an hour for appearances sake)
    GS "Is that it?"
    FA "Yes, good luck you'll need it"
    GS "So will you, bye"
  • edited November 2016
    Stig said:

How do you know what they did or didn't learn; were you there, do you know what they asked him? An interview doesn't have to be grilling people about their skills and experience. If nothing else, I'd expect them to find out his perceptions since taking the job. In the light of his recent experience, have his views changed in any way in terms of what needs to be done?

That isn't an interview that needs announcing - that is a meeting which you would expect them to be having on a regular basis!
  • Sponsored links:

• Stig said:

How do you know what they did or didn't learn; were you there, do you know what they asked him? An interview doesn't have to be grilling people about their skills and experience. If nothing else, I'd expect them to find out his perceptions since taking the job. In the light of his recent experience, have his views changed in any way in terms of what needs to be done?

That isn't an interview that needs announcing - that is a meeting which you would expect them to be having on a regular basis!
    In most circumstances I'd say that you are 100% right, that interviews like this don't need to be announced. But this is the FA we are talking about, everything they do (or don't do) comes under intense scrutiny from the media and public a like. Do you know, I recently saw someone claim that they are 'a waste of space' on the grounds that they'd interviewed a potential job candidate. With the public's penchant for such hair-trigger opinions, is it any wonder that they are defensive and publish otherwise unnecessary information? I can just imagine when we are knocked out in the quarter finals in some hellish Russian city and everyone's having a pop at Southgate, some wag in the press would come out with, 'do you know, they never even interviewed him'.

There are loads of things that the FA gets wrong. Sadly, many of them are pretty important. Interviewing a potential England manager isn't one of them, and neither is publishing the fact that they've done so.
  • edited November 2016
    Why do they have to rush - he has won games and drawn one we expected to win. He hasn't been a disater but the opportunity is there to properly appraise his abilities as he does the job! You have to be flexible enough to deal with the situation you are in. If they interview they have to offer him the job or not. This is not the best time to do that!
  • FA "Hi Gareth, thanks for coming in"
    GS "No problem"
    FA "Do you want the job"
    GS "Yes"
    FA "Ok it's yours..." (Shuffles some paperwork for an hour for appearances sake)
    GS "Is that it?"
    FA "Yes, good luck you'll need it"
    GS "So will you"
    FA "Ha ha, quite possibly, anyway, where do you fancy lunch? Hibiscus or The Dorchester? ...The Dorchester? Okay. Don't worry, The FA's paying - Susie, book us a table for 13 will you?"

Fixed that for you SJ...

• Not just the FA who are idiots but then again we knew FIFA were already!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3962124/What-planet-FIFA-32-team-Club-World-Cup-idea.html

Here's an easier idea.

Million euro cash prize.
    Any club can enter but have to pay their own travel and accommodation costs.
    Any cup/league winners get their costs covered.
    Top 32 teams are chosen.
    Advertisers will pay millions.