Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Do you believe in ghosts?....

edited October 2006 in General Charlton
I'm not sure there is but I believe events can leave an "atomosphere", if you know what I mean.

Comments

• No I don't know what you mean. Please explain scientifically how an event leaves an "atmosphere".
  • Personally no, however the Red Lion where I play has alleged got 5 different ones, one of which is a Paedophile that was locked away to die in one of the store rooms. There is a little girl upstairs who turns the various lights, heating, music on & off all the time. A ghost who scratches your back when you walk through the courtyard. Best of the lot though, a rugby team were in one day being a bit boisterous, there were two full pints sitting on a table next to them. Then for no apparent reason they both flew off the table onto the floor in OPPOSITE directions. Needless to say this 'Event' cleared the pub in a matter of seconds. The Landlord refuses to stay there overnight.
  • Sorry Henry I can't but if I die before you, I'll try and haunt you. lol
  • But you won't be a ghost you'd be an "atmosphere" somewhere. So as long as I avoid anywhere you've been I'll be OK : )
  • Is everything so black and white with you? I gather you're not religious. I'm not before you ask.
  • I don't.

But the guv and his family down my local are adament that the long-running reports of a mad old girl down the cellar are true, and the landlady says she has seen her.

They occassionally at night hear glasses smashing, and find the glass on the floor with no one there.
  • infrasound.
  • On hocus pocus stuff, yes. Try Carl Sagan's "The Demon Haunted World" for a good de-bunk of a lot of this rubbish especially aliens. And

On some matters firm opinions (heavy metal, rugby, racism, religion, jazz, Millwall) and on others I'm open to persuasion (mainly things concerning consenting adults in private but lets not go there)
  • I do not.
  • Ewwwww.....I'd rather not.
  • Sponsored links:

• no, but...

years ago when i was working as a computer operator, in the days where you had a room full of kit that didn't have the computing power of your average mobile these days, i was squatting down trying to feed some one-part into a printer when somebody tapped me on the shoulder...'hang on a minute while i change this paper' i says...only when i got up and turned around, there was nobody there and the door was locked...later i found out that the computer room had been sited in what had once been the old board room where one of the directors had died...
  • did you ever find out who tapped you on the shoulder?
  • No don't believe as a few people have died over the years at the the Valley but we still don't seem to have an "atomsphere!"