Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Welcome Tom Rubashow - New CAFC Head of Comms

Comments

• Someone pointed him out to me at the Bromley Addicks meeting recently. Very quiet. I guess he was making sure Bowyer said the right things.
  • Someone pointed him out to me at the Bromley Addicks meeting recently. Very quiet. I guess he was making sure Bowyer said the right things.

Someone from Comms, usually @Ollywozere as he's local, normally comes along to our meetings but I don't think it's to make sure Bowyer or whoever says the right thing.

Did save me some money as Tom bought the guests drinks.
  • Davo55 said:

I have to work with Tom on a regular basis, he's a decent bloke trying to do the best he can. I think some of you are being a bit unfair to him.

I think people on here are generally being quite charitable to him, with the main sentiment being "why the hell do you put up with this crap?". The one being really unfair to him is his boss, Roland Duchatelet, who is giving him nonsense statements to put out, with no opportunity to amend, and then to take the flak.
    I agree
  • I have to work with Tom on a regular basis, he's a decent bloke trying to do the best he can. I think some of you are being a bit unfair to him.

I know Tom through family as well. The words often used to describe him are “lovely” and “great bloke”. I also agree a lot of the bile on here is deeply unfair.
  • Sponsored links:

• I have to work with Tom on a regular basis, he's a decent bloke trying to do the best he can. I think some of you are being a bit unfair to him.

I know Tom through family as well. The words often used to describe him are “lovely” and “great bloke”. I also agree a lot of the bile on here is deeply unfair.
    The negatives working for an unstable character
  • Davo55 said:

I have to work with Tom on a regular basis, he's a decent bloke trying to do the best he can. I think some of you are being a bit unfair to him.

I think people on here are generally being quite charitable to him, with the main sentiment being "why the hell do you put up with this crap?". The one being really unfair to him is his boss, Roland Duchatelet, who is giving him nonsense statements to put out, with no opportunity to amend, and then to take the flak.
    Fully agree mate
  • Missed It said:

If that statement is him trying to do his best, maybe he's in the wrong line of work.
    It clearly wasn’t his statement (regardless of his job title) anymore than it was mine, I doubt he even pressed the button.

I’d agree with @petetheaddick - he’s trying to do a job under as we all know difficult and extreme circumstances, I’ve met him numerous times and he seems a decent guy to me, was very helpful to me last season with the Women's team. I'm certainly not laying any blame at his door for what RD or whomever it was instructed to put out.

Imagine if the likes of RD were left to decide on ALL communications that come from the club...... If he walked he wouldn't be replaced and it'd probably be TK or RD who decided what goes out all the time.

I worked at a company for 7 years for an ecentric owner, maybe not quite like RD as he always gave me air time, but ultimately I worked for him and took my instructions from him. Like almost any job, you can and will be over ruled by above sometimes. You either suck it up or if you feel so strongly about it you leave, but that's not an easy decision especially if you have dependents and rely on the salary to put food on the table.

I'd also agree it is certainly RD who is being unfair, but what's new there?

I don’t doubt he’s a decent chap and all round nice guy but he took the job with the full knowledge of how 2% of us felt about his employer. So I guess he is happy with all the crap spoken about him and just shrugs it off as part of the job. I’ve never met or directed any abuse at him and hopefully he will be able to have a better relationship with all of us with his next employer.
  • Rob7Lee said:

Missed It said:

If that statement is him trying to do his best, maybe he's in the wrong line of work.
    It clearly wasn’t his statement (regardless of his job title) anymore than it was mine, I doubt he even pressed the button.

I’d agree with @petetheaddick - he’s trying to do a job under as we all know difficult and extreme circumstances, I’ve met him numerous times and he seems a decent guy to me, was very helpful to me last season with the Women's team. I'm certainly not laying any blame at his door for what RD or whomever it was instructed to put out.

Imagine if the likes of RD were left to decide on ALL communications that come from the club...... If he walked he wouldn't be replaced and it'd probably be TK or RD who decided what goes out all the time.

I worked at a company for 7 years for an ecentric owner, maybe not quite like RD as he always gave me air time, but ultimately I worked for him and took my instructions from him. Like almost any job, you can and will be over ruled by above sometimes. You either suck it up or if you feel so strongly about it you leave, but that's not an easy decision especially if you have dependents and rely on the salary to put food on the table.

Top up your CV on a regular basis and keep looking for future employment.
  • shirty5 said:

Rob7Lee said:

Missed It said:

Or try to do your level best and ride it out until the madman sells. I suspect that train of thought is the only reason there's more than about 4 employee's at the Valley!

• If he is a Charlton fan the the bloke is absolute scum... If he isn't then the geezer is taking a lot of flack for simply doing his job imo
  • Rob7Lee said:

shirty5 said:

Rob7Lee said:

Missed It said:

Or try to do your level best and ride it out until the madman sells. I suspect that train of thought is the only reason there's more than about 4 employee's at the Valley!

When the madman goes many will follow and Tom Rubberbonce will be one of the first on the list.
  • Sponsored links:

• He isnt a Charlton fan and prefers basketball, as I have said, nice bloke but picked the wrong job, nice or not and I dont think thats 'bile' its my fairly irrelevant opinion
  • To be fair, why would he want to move on?

His boss writes his press releases, he doesn't do social media, I doubt if he has any targets as there is no one to set them for him, he has @Ollywozere doing the day to day stuff for him and the rest of the time he spends reading this an other sites. Piss easy way to earn a living.

The only drawback is he didn't get his bonus this year.
  • I'm sorry folks but the 'nice guy just doing his job' excuse just doesn't wash in this case.

Tom was employed by pitch PR before he came to Charlton. As part of that job Pitch PR were contracted by Charlton to manage their comms for a while - Tom was managing that from the Pitch PR side. He basically had a trial run. During that time he was involved in cleaning up Katriens Google search, pitting out comms making the fans look bad and generally splitting fans and club. I have no issues with him doing his job in that period. The issue i have is that after that trial run he knew what he was getting into and yet chose to leave his job at pitch PR (so not like he didn't have alternative employment elsewhere) and work permanently and full-time for the club. Since then, so I'm told he allegedly has been part of the cutting and pasting of comments from fans on social media and taking them to police. He has further attacked fans in the comms approach ever since.

So he knew what is was like, he had a choice (including staying in another job) yet he chose to come on board.

No sympathy or allowances from me. He is a snake and needs to go along with Keohane and the old Belgian himself.

Couldn’t agree more.

Welcome to the forum, Tom :wink:
  • I'm sorry folks but the 'nice guy just doing his job' excuse just doesn't wash in this case.

Tom was employed by pitch PR before he came to Charlton. As part of that job Pitch PR were contracted by Charlton to manage their comms for a while - Tom was managing that from the Pitch PR side. He basically had a trial run. During that time he was involved in cleaning up Katriens Google search, pitting out comms making the fans look bad and generally splitting fans and club. I have no issues with him doing his job in that period. The issue i have is that after that trial run he knew what he was getting into and yet chose to leave his job at pitch PR (so not like he didn't have alternative employment elsewhere) and work permanently and full-time for the club. Since then, so I'm told he allegedly has been part of the cutting and pasting of comments from fans on social media and taking them to police. He has further attacked fans in the comms approach ever since.

So he knew what is was like, he had a choice (including staying in another job) yet he chose to come on board.

No sympathy or allowances from me. He is a snake and needs to go along with Keohane and the old Belgian himself.

Not defending him, but I spoke to him after one of the Meire joke meetings with supporter groups at The Valley and he was as bewildered by his employers as us fans.
  • sounds like defending him to me
  • Ferryman said:

I'm sorry folks but the 'nice guy just doing his job' excuse just doesn't wash in this case.

Not defending him, but I spoke to him after one of the Meire joke meetings with supporter groups at The Valley and he was as bewildered by his employers as us fans.
    He needs to think straight and be more bewildered by his employers
  • Being a nice bloke doesn't preclude anybody from being useless at their job. His role at the club is to manage the club's public image through press, public relations and social media. At every turn he is being handed his arse by people who are organizing protests, press releases and social media campaigns in their spare time. Daisy characterized the cub's relationship with the fans as a battle, he knew that very well when he joined, you'd think he'd be ready for it. But no, the club take a hiding in the press and social media over and over again and he has no answer. Trying to justify cutting the youth team's bottled water as an environmental measure was just laughable. His single useful achievement was to keep Daisy's mouth shut, which to me, was actually a complete surrender to events. If you can't beat them - give up.

If it's true that he's been searching the internet looking for Charlton fans being mean about Charlton so the club can set the Old Bill on them, well, I would question whether he is a 'nice bloke' at all. Maybe he's just a weak character willing to do as he's told no matter how unpleasant the club's motivations are. Maybe he's permanently bewildered by the carry on at the club and happy to let his job just happen to him. Maybe he's just useless.
  • The propaganda wing of this disastrous regime. Complicit in whitewashing, spinning and diluting the message of Charlton fans to reflect well on no one other than the owner at the detriment of the message the fanbase want to give the EFL and media etc.

Complete wrong un behaviour for a pound note. Please pass that on to the "lovely bloke just doing his job" on behalf of a fanbase seeing their club decimated from within.
  • edited September 2018
    Could care less if someone's family thinks he's a nice guy, I'm sure Roland's family say the same about him.

Rubashow is a mouthpiece for the regime and is therefore a .