Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Welcome Tom Rubashow - New CAFC Head of Comms

Comments

• Quite touching to see how enthusiastic KR is at the moment - like an overexcited puppy. Whether that will be still be the case in 15 games time and after the January window only time will tell. RD's ambitions for this year will be plain to see if we can keep hold of our best players in January.

I like the gaffer and its a good analogy, the trouble with puppies you have to know when to give them a loose lead and when they need guidance. The problem lies at the other end of the lead, if that person has no clue what they are doing then you have a problem. (Disclaimer......I have no idea about running a football club, I'm talking about puppies) ;)
  • T.C.E said:

Quite touching to see how enthusiastic KR is at the moment - like an overexcited puppy. Whether that will be still be the case in 15 games time and after the January window only time will tell. RD's ambitions for this year will be plain to see if we can keep hold of our best players in January.

I like the gaffer and its a good analogy, the trouble with puppies you have to know when to give them a loose lead and when they need guidance. The problem lies at the other end of the lead, if that person has no clue what they are doing then you have a problem. (Disclaimer......I have no idea about running a football club, I'm talking about puppies) ;)
    I thought you we're going to tell us that the trouble with puppies is a tendency to pee all over the place.

Now, I don't know KR....
  • cafc-west said:

Club still working with Pitch even though we have poached one of their staff? Maybe we had to pay a transfer fee or he's not very good and they were happy for him to leave.

anyone got a link to this video?

Here you go:
    He's a bit touchy feely our Robbo, isn't he.
    Thought he was going to give KP a frenchy.
    There is something so wrong and fake at KM's reaction to whatever Karl says to her. It is her trying far too hard to create some sort of impression, so OTT and overexcited schoolgirl.
    I know we don't need to analyse every little thing they do, but sometimes they do provide a little insight into how someone operates.

• Will the appointment of another/more PR experts mean that the club again issues a statement about recognising the need for better communication with fans, followed by a no-recording, no-videoing, hand-picked-audience with Katrien event? I would reckon that to be meeting No.35 unless some have slipped by.
  • Dazzler21 said:

He looks like a young Albert Steptoe
  • Just looked at his Twitter feed. Fella hardly ever comments.

Is this not pretty bad form for any head of communication in any industry these days?

Twitter should be a comms man's bread and butter shouldn't it?

Donald Trump's starts world wars with it
  • Chizz said:

Just looked at his Twitter feed. Fella hardly ever comments.

Is this not pretty bad form for any head of communication in any industry these days?

It's when you see someone suggesting that Donald Trump makes a good role model to Charlton's PR lackey that you see how far every part of the club has fallen.
    Was going to make another 'buying a house' analogy but didn't know how to shoehorn it in.
  • Sponsored links:

I expect If he does he gets called names and slagged off. His job is to communicate what he is permitted to to fans and staff - not the entire twitter sphere

• Swisdom said:

I expect If he does he gets called names and slagged off. His job is to communicate what he is permitted to to fans and staff - not the entire twitter sphere

Then he could do what his oppo does and call the police!
  • edited September 2018
    Swisdom said:

</.
  • I think he is just another brown nose, employed by the club

Really......I must have nodded of and missed WWIII.......when was that then?
  • Shrove Tuesday.

It was over by 4.15pm when he realised he'd bombed the wrong Country.
  • Davo55 said:

Swisdom said:

I'm not so sure you've got his job description right. That's a very narrow view of it.

In his role, he ought to be determining the complete communications strategy, key themes, messages, channels, dovetailing of website and social media, eliciting and learning from inwards communications, making sure everything is lined up between internal and external brand values and specific content.

And, quite critically, to keep the top brass from shooting their mouths off and making things a whole lot worse. TR did that quite successfully with KM but clearly not with either Murray or Duchatelet himself.
    Roland has already proven he will do and say what he wants, when he wants. He won’t be censored.
    That put paid to Tom’s predecessor too.

• This thread getting bumped has reminded me of Essex Al's previous support for Roland. Some unbelievable comments!
  • Sponsored links:

• Davo55 said:

Swisdom said:

Davo55 said:

Swisdom said:

I'm not so sure you've got his job description right. That's a very narrow view of it.

In his role, he ought to be determining the complete communications strategy, key themes, messages, channels, dovetailing of website and social media, eliciting and learning from inwards communications, making sure everything is lined up between internal and external brand values and specific content.

And, quite critically, to keep the top brass from shooting their mouths off and making things a whole lot worse. TR did that quite successfully with KM but clearly not with either Murray or Duchatelet himself.
    Roland has already proven he will do and say what he wants, when he wants. He won’t be censored.

The job is, or should be, as I described. If he is not able or allowed to perform that job then he should have the balls to say enough is enough and go work elsewhere. That's what Mel Baroni did, and she deserves huge credit for it. I reckon TR is a talented guy - he certainly helped KM enormously - but if all he wants to be is a lackey for Duchatelet he will find his career grinding to a halt.
    Not much of a job though is it. A Head of Comms who's job (as it turned out) was effectively to gag his boss because she couldn't be trusted not to say something incendiary every time she opened her mouth.
  • He'll start another takeover rumour and everyone will lap it up.
  • @Davo55
    Think you getting Charlton confused with a proper company.
  • MrLargo said:

Davo55 said:

Swisdom said:

Davo55 said:

Swisdom said:

The job is, or should be, as I described. If he is not able or allowed to perform that job then he should have the balls to say enough is enough and go work elsewhere. That's what Mel Baroni did, and she deserves huge credit for it. I reckon TR is a talented guy - he certainly helped KM enormously - but if all he wants to be is a lackey for Duchatelet he will find his career grinding to a halt.
    Not much of a job though is it. A Head of Comms who's job (as it turned out) was effectively to gag his boss because she couldn't be trusted not to say something incendiary every time she opened her mouth.
  • Deflection,spin etc etc it's what PR do
  • SE7toSG3 said:

Tom Rubashow will read this and will also know that the incoherent gobbledygook that Roland peddled earlier was indefensible.

The next 48 hours will tell us a lot about his character, I suspect we may find a run of newsworthy items such as charity quizzes, academy signings and upgraded websites in an attempt to knock it off the front page, to me the lack of social media to re-enforce the bizarre statement speaks volumes...

It’s started already,
    We’ve got Taylor wearing pink boots in October for Cancer Research, which is fair enough as it is a cause personal to Lyle and you can donate to his fund at:
    https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.org/page/lyles-giving-page-1
    but then we get some old guff about a marriage proposal on the pitch.
    I’m hoping the next one will be something environmental, possibly to do with saving hedgehogs.