Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CO'L appointed on the coaching team..

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Katrien should be asked the following.

Chris o loughlin was spotted in the stands at the chesterfield game.

He has now joined the coaching staff.

Why was he at the game at that time when slade was still in charge?

You told talksport Slade was doing well and doing a good job and will be sticking around long term.

It's obvious Chris o loughlin was set up to replace slade prior to Slade's actual dismissal.

To be fair katrien could be asked a high number of much harsher questions....

• Options
    Katrien will be "manager" , COL is coach.
  • Options

Oakster said:

Where's Wim De Corte when you need him!

Or that fat Belgian bloke (Deschampes??) who hung around for a bit & then buggered off back over the channel..
    Who could forget (inter) Wim De Corte?

Great guy.

Club legend. Name the north stand trap 1 after him

It's where he did his best work.
  • Options
    The organisation has sifted through its vast resources and slipped a network man into place covertly. He will act as the eyes and ears for ‘K’ and who would suspect that he is anything other than a junior coach?

The name is O’Loughlin … Chris O’Loughlin
    spy.gif 27.4K
  • Options
    ross1 said:

What club appoints an assistant manager before the manager! Just when you think they maxed out on stupidity, they go and prove you wrong.Unless he isn't really assistant manager and they are treating us as idiots!

Richard Murray did, when he appointed uncle Les before Dowie, who wanted his brother as his number 2
    Bob Dowie was on Palace's book at the time and had to stay there to secure his own payout. Charlton didn't want him, but neither did they want a second front in the legal dispute with Palace. I've recently been told that it wasn't as clear cut as it seemed at the time and Dowie did have an opportunity to reject Reed and Robson, but certainly that was not the impression then.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

What club appoints an assistant manager before the manager! Just when you think they maxed out on stupidity, they go and prove you wrong.Unless he isn't really assistant manager and they are treating us as idiots!

Richard Murray did, when he appointed uncle Les before Dowie, who wanted his brother as his number 2
    Still considered one of the top coaches over the last 25 years though.....
  • Options
    ross1 said:

That was a total cock up too!!!!
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Leuth said:

Roland appears to have created some sort of shit Masonic guild somewhere up his own rectum, and is clinging to it like only an aspie* could

*representin'

Bitterly disappointed by that asterisk. I thought Christmas came early.. "I can finally flag the bastard, ableist scumbag! I knew he was secretly a prejudiced asshole.".
    Likewise. Having flagged someone for a comment about 'mental health issues' already this morning, I thought I was on a role. Perhaps that's because I have 'mental health issues'

#soapbox
  • Options
    Was Chris meant to be/is KM's replacement?

He fits a lot of the profile like having no previous experience in the role, but shows that Roly has learnt from his mistakes and he knows something about football, only just not the English leagues- yet!

Or, maybe he is a spy for Rolly as he is just beginning to get the feeling that he is not been told the whole truth by KM.

What we do know is that he has been given a job that does not exist. Rolly does not spend money he does not have to! She should be feeling undermined by this appointment and should be very wary of him. The clocks ticking Daisy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:

He fits a lot of the profile like having no previous experience in the role, but shows that Roly has learnt from his mistakes and he knows something about football, only just not the English leagues- yet!

Or, maybe he is a spy for Rolly as he is just beginning to get the feeling that he is not been told the whole truth by KM.

What we do know is that he has been given a job that does not exist. Rolly does not spend money he does not have to! She should be feeling undermined by this appointment and should be very wary of him. The clocks ticking Daisy.

She's ok, if she is ousted from the CEO role, she'll be made Director of Football
  • Options
    Can anybody find any evidence at all that Chris O'Loughlin ever played for Cliftonville?
    Is it simply CV enhancement?
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    "Chris O'Loughlin will not become the club's new manager..."

For sheer entertainment value, Daisy does not have many rivals. When she eventually goes, I think I will miss her for that.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited November 2016

Nugent will be fired after Port Vale beat us on Saturday!

Col in as interim manager like Fraeye which will lead to similar outcomes. None of them good - apart from COL departure from the club.
  • Options
    "Chris O'Loughlin will not become the club's new manager...
    Probably not a lie he will end up Head Coach! They will argue the 'Manager' experiment failed.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

That would certainly be interesting.

Wouldn't rule it out.

Roland could save himself a lot of time though and just simply read all the crap Katrien says.
    That's enough evidence
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Can anybody find any evidence at all that Chris O'Loughlin ever played for Cliftonville?
    Is it simply CV enhancement?

According to BBC NI it was Cliftonville Reserves: http://bbc.co.uk/sport/football/15874500.

Not that I actually knew, the link was at the bottom of his Wikipedia entry.

• Options

"Chris O'Loughlin will not become the club's new manager..."

For sheer entertainment value, Daisy does not have many rivals. When she eventually goes, I think I will miss her for that.

Replace many for any!

Squirrel face is f****** us over royally but she is 5* entertainment!
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Ffs, he's Smallwall!

Well, a single appearance for their U18s seems to have been the pinnacle of his playing career. Also played in the Rymans League. In his own words, there "is not much to report" about his playing career.

https://www.pressreader.com/south-africa/kick-off/20160401/281539405080570
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Extract from VOTV130 (last month) - a reminder that while we focus on the change of manager / head coach, the actual instability runs much deeper:

Starting with Damian Matthew, Alex Dyer and Ben Roberts under Chris Powell, we’ve had the hapless Karel Fraeye (two months) as assistant to José Riga; Patrick Van Houdt (seven months) under Bob Peeters; David Martane (three months) under Guy Luzon; Wim De Corte (seven months) and Jason Euell (four months) under Fraeye and Riga; José Jeunechamps (five weeks) under Riga; Simon Clark (eight months to date) under Riga and Russell Slade; and now Kevin Nugent (three months to date) under Slade. Indeed, we have to acknowledge the achievement of goalkeeping coach Lee Turner, appointed in July 2015, in surviving 15 months under Luzon, Fraeye, Riga and Slade.

And there might even be a long-service medal due for Brett Shaw, who was already the incumbent performance analyst when Duchâtelet arrived and is still with us, although confusingly he was joined by Guy Kiala (seven months) under Peeters.

Meanwhile, head of sports science Laurence Bloom jumped ship to Nottingham Forest after five years in February, with Jared Roberts-Smith taking over, only for the latter to leave for Luton Town in June and subsequently be replaced by Carl Serrant.

In the last 12 months there have also been changes of club doctor (Chris Jones), first-team physio (Adam Coe) and chief scout (Steve Head), and a new head of medical services (Alastair Thrush). They work alongside longer-serving first-team sports scientist (Josh Hornby) and first-team assistant therapist (Steve Jackson), whose job it probably is to explain all this to the baffled players. And these are just the people we know about, Thomas.

Of the football staff involved with the first team, only Shaw and Jackson predate the current boardroom regime. Imagine working anywhere with this level of turnover of management and support staff. It would be chaotic, and no doubt it has been.

Katrien's has always been there providing a consistent level of competence and support - I'm not sure you should tell her that there are some of her team who predated her, she probably hadn't realised.
  • Options
    Oakster said:

http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepage/sport/irishfootball/6989040/Sint-Truiden-boss-Chris-OLoughlin-I-couldnt-get-an-interview-for-a-club-in-Northern-Ireland.html

I think it's fair to say that O'Loughlin sees himself as a manager not a coach - like Fraeye before him we have another total novice in real terms looking to use our poor club as a willing stepping stone for his ambitions.

To be fair, we are a good choice for a stepping stone. Playing at a level of top end DIv 2 but with potential; and if you cock it up, no one will blame you personally.
  • Options
    Roland seems susceptible to folk who exaggerate and inflate their abilities. Meire, Fraeye, Driesen, O'Loughlin spring to mind, and the pattern defence with the appointments Meire makes, most damagingly Tony Keohane.
    Anybody any good bogs off.
  • Options
    Congo Chris... that's sticking. Hilarious
  • Options
    Will be interesting to see who leads the dugout today.
  • Options

Will be interesting to see who leads the dugout today.

Duchatelet.
  • Options

He has been roundly ignored during the warm-up. Both Simon Clark and Nugent blanked him throughout. He's basically stood there like a spare prick with his arms folded. His only role seems to have been to collect hi-vis tops and put them in a bag.

Utter no-mark.

Hi-light was Jackson mugging him off. He went to speak to him, Jacko blanked him and jogged off.

Bodes well for when he takes over as manager in 6 months time.

Nugent can f*** off, he signed for us knowing who he was working for.