Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CO'L appointed on the coaching team..

Comments

• edited November 2016
    What club appoints an assistant manager before the manager! Just when you think they maxed out on stupidity, they go and prove you wrong.Unless he isn't really assistant manager and they are treating us as idiots!
  • Where's Wim De Corte when you need him!

Or that fat Belgian bloke (Deschampes??) who hung around for a bit & then buggered off back over the channel..
  • Its like a everlasting episode of Beadles About

Sue Perks would like a Jeremy Beadle buffet - aka The small finger buffet.
    I thought we should have had a minute's applause at The Valley when Beadle died. He deserved a big hand.
    I was told that Jeremy Beadle had a very small penis. On the other hand, it was quite large.
  • What club appoints an assistant manager before the manager! Just when you think they maxed out on stupidity, they go and prove you wrong.Unless he isn't really assistant manager and they are treating us as idiots!

Charlton, twice it seems. As far as I remember they appointed Les Reed before Dowie.
  • "Won't be the clubs next manager"

COL to be appointed head-coach next week?
  • It'll be the ultimate pub quiz question, to name all the coaches involved with the first team since RD took over!
  • It'll be the ultimate pub quiz question, to name all the coaches involved with the first team since RD took over!

Yes - or perhaps one of Henry's '235 for Friday' quizzes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Extract from VOTV130 (last month) - a reminder that while we focus on the change of manager / head coach, the actual instability runs much deeper:

Starting with Damian Matthew, Alex Dyer and Ben Roberts under Chris Powell, we’ve had the hapless Karel Fraeye (two months) as assistant to José Riga; Patrick Van Houdt (seven months) under Bob Peeters; David Martane (three months) under Guy Luzon; Wim De Corte (seven months) and Jason Euell (four months) under Fraeye and Riga; José Jeunechamps (five weeks) under Riga; Simon Clark (eight months to date) under Riga and Russell Slade; and now Kevin Nugent (three months to date) under Slade. Indeed, we have to acknowledge the achievement of goalkeeping coach Lee Turner, appointed in July 2015, in surviving 15 months under Luzon, Fraeye, Riga and Slade.

And there might even be a long-service medal due for Brett Shaw, who was already the incumbent performance analyst when Duchâtelet arrived and is still with us, although confusingly he was joined by Guy Kiala (seven months) under Peeters.

Meanwhile, head of sports science Laurence Bloom jumped ship to Nottingham Forest after five years in February, with Jared Roberts-Smith taking over, only for the latter to leave for Luton Town in June and subsequently be replaced by Carl Serrant.

In the last 12 months there have also been changes of club doctor (Chris Jones), first-team physio (Adam Coe) and chief scout (Steve Head), and a new head of medical services (Alastair Thrush). They work alongside longer-serving first-team sports scientist (Josh Hornby) and first-team assistant therapist (Steve Jackson), whose job it probably is to explain all this to the baffled players. And these are just the people we know about, Thomas.

Of the football staff involved with the first team, only Shaw and Jackson predate the current boardroom regime. Imagine working anywhere with this level of turnover of management and support staff. It would be chaotic, and no doubt it has been.

It's when I read things like this that I admire the 2percents restraint for not smashing something through the St Truiden restraunt window and making the senial old arsehole read it and explain himself!
  • edited November 2016
    shine166 said:

New mascot just arrived too image

You can see the fear in Robin's eyes...

I've always thought the Robin's facial expression was as though the knight had recently done put his sword somewhere very painful, but now I know the truth: he's bricking it because of Micky Mouse.
  • bobmunro said:

It'll be the ultimate pub quiz question, to name all the coaches involved with the first team since RD took over!

I thought we'd seen the last of you @bobmunro Don't tell us you're back : - )
  • bobmunro said:

That 'contrary to reports' line is an absolute joke. Clearly her doing. God I hate her.

But those contrary reports did at least have some truth in them in that Co'L has indeed joined the club - it was just his 'current' capacity they got wrong.

I hate her more.
    Why put it in there anyway though? It's just going to antagonise us even more? The tone of it is provocative. Stinks of that lying woman.
  • JFH will be here next week and Nugent will be on his bike.
    Then when JFH goes sour (10 games ?), we will get C. O'L.

Simples.
  • rananegra said:

seth plum said:

You are going into this with your eyes open guys, and Simon Clark, Kevin Foley, Chris O'Loughlin, Tony Keohane, Brian Cole, Sue Parkes, Katrien Meire, Roland Duchatelet and others are now all peas in the same pod.

Right now the names I have mentioned are all people who basically hate and despise me as a fan, and there is only one way to soften my antipathy and that is to win, win without expecting any thanks for doing do as well.

I know he's not the world's greatest footballer,but I think it's a bit unfair to lump him in with the regime and its apologists.

OOps, Kevin Nugent, my bad.
  • bobmunro said:

That 'contrary to reports' line is an absolute joke. Clearly her doing. God I hate her.

But those contrary reports did at least have some truth in them in that Co'L has indeed joined the club - it was just his 'current' capacity they got wrong.

I hate her more.
    Why put it in there anyway though? It's just going to antagonise us even more? The tone of it is provocative. Stinks of that lying woman.
    To include it actually reveals what a small child she is and how unprofessional she can afford to be with RD's backing. Why continue to antagonise the people that 'should' be the life-blood of the club? She can not seem to separate the criticism of her performance as CEO from an imagined personal attack. YOU are in the wrong job,KM, never mind club!
  • I included Simon Clark although i said he was a good guy according to reports, because frankly I believe he ought to resign (his reputation wouldn't be damaged IMHO) or accept that he is part of the regime running this farce of a football club.
    Is there a middle way?
  • They must really, really hate us.
  • Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:

It'll be the ultimate pub quiz question, to name all the coaches involved with the first team since RD took over!

No, that was Bobe Munro.
  • bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

No, that was Bobe Munro.
    Good, I was fed up with the other guys intelligent and useful posts and large donations to the museum
  • bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

No, that was Bobe Munro.
    Welcome back.

• Chis O'Loughlin, manager after the next one is fired.

Wonder who will be the next manager after the next one and Chris O'Loughlin are kicked out of the club.

What a bunch of jokers.
  • @bobmunro you know who your real mates are, they welcome you back straight away not three days later :wink: .
  • edited November 2016
    Well I guess he is at least being appointed to position which his CV, at least marginally, suggests he might have some qualification for, rather than a massive over promotion to manager.

Not happy he has been parachuted in from the network though, as others have pointed out, stinks rather of a not-so-covert Duchatelet agent and the first step to abandoning even any pretense that the football side is being run in a more orthodox manner and full on return to the madness we saw prior to Slade's appointment.

Not really been following things that closely for the last couple of days, but smart money now, imo, would be on a new, maybe slightly more experienced, Duchatelet stooge coming in as head coach again with Nugent and maybe Clarke moved aside.

What's Luzon up to these days?
  • edited November 2016

How the hell can you appoint somebody to the coaching staff when you haven't got a manager. Whoever comes in now has had this clown forced upon them.

Absolute wankers. When are they going to stop taking the piss out of the supporters? I've reluctently attended every home leage game this season, but enough is enough. I'm in the "not a penny more" brigade now.

See you at Hungerford on Saturday then.