Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Distance Selling Regulations

I thought I would run this past the excellent community we have here. Hopefully somebody is clued up on Distance Selling Regulations in relation to deliveries.

I've moved to a remote spot and quite clearly one courier firm cannot locate where we are.

In the past two weeks I've ordered five items all from Ebay sellers, and the courier has (same one each time) marked their POD's as 'left securely in porch'. Problem is we don't have a porch, they haven't left a card and they haven't even been to the house, as the CCTV hasn't picked them up.

I can only conclude that they've either left them somewhere else, or not delivered them.

There are only five other houses with the same postcode, and none of them has a porch, I've checked with them.

My question is, where the responsibility lies for finding out what's happened to them I'm claiming non-delivery via Ebay and some of the sellers are saying 'it's been delivered', some are a bit more professional.

Yes, it has been delivered, but not to the right place.

Anyone know or care to suggest who needs to do the chasing as I don't think it's me.

Ta.

(P.S. I have taken it up with the courier company direct as they clearly can't find us, but no response so far).

Comments

• Options
    A lot of eBay sellers (including myself) use eBays own courier "Myhermes" to deliver their parcels. If you visit the Myhermes site and go through as if you were sending a parcel to yourself you will reach the point where you have to put in your post code and select the remainder of your address from a drop down menu.

If your full address appears in the drop down menu you can pretty much be certain that most, if not all of the main delivery companies inc Royal Mail will have you in the system.

If this is the case it sounds like lazy drivers who cannot be bothered to look for your house.

If you have any probs with the Myhermes bit send me your address inc post code via a PM on here and I will run it through my account and let you know if I found you okay.

Mike
  • Options
    The distant selling regs no longer apply. They were replaced by The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 which came into force in 2014.
    You can read the legislation here legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/3134/contents/made

That said, non delivery might just be a bog standard breach of contract thing.

I seem to recall that @Bournemouth Addick knows about this stuff.
  • Options
    Cheers, #cafcfan