Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Help please - trains on Saturday

I'm down for the Trust AGM and staying on for the match on Saturday. Please don't ask why or turn this into a pros and cons of boycotting thread.

I have a simple Q: going to visit step mum in care home in Darenth on Sat morning. Was planning to jump on train back from Dartford to Charlton, but there don't seem to be any direct ones? Any recommendations on best/ quickest way back?

Comments

• Options
    https://tfl.gov.uk
    You can get a train from Dartford to Welling every 08 and 38 then 486 from Welling will probably take about an hour though.
  • Options
    Dartford>Plumstead>Charlton=1 hr
    Cycling=57 mins
    Walking=2 hr 58 mins
  • Options
    Get a train to Welling bus 486 drops you at Charlton Station or get off at Eltham & get bus 161 to Charlton Station or get off at Blackheath & get bus 54 to Charlton Village or stay on train until Lewisham & get train to Charlton.
  • Options
    I'm watching Hungerford on Saturday.

2 hours from Clapham changing at Reading.
  • Options
    Looking again it would be quicker Dartford to Blackheath then bus from there.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    The best way would get the train to Plumstead and get any of a number of buses that pass Charlton bus takes about 10/15mins.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

The best way would get the train to Plumstead and get any of a number of buses that past Charlton bus takes about 10/15mins.

No trains to Plumstead i don't think.
  • Options
    Weegie - we (me, my wife Eynsford Addick, and my son) could easily give you a lift from Darenth to Charlton saturday as we have spare seat in the car. public transport not good round here.
  • Options

Dansk_Red said:

The best way would get the train to Plumstead and get any of a number of buses that past Charlton bus takes about 10/15mins.

No trains to Plumstead i don't think.
    your right missread train details.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    train replacement bus service
  • Options
    Dartford, Gravesend, Stratford, North Greenwich, Charlton.
  • Options

I'm watching Hungerford on Saturday.

2 hours from Clapham changing at Reading.

Beat Welling last night
  • Options
    Thx all for the advice. @redman that is a very kind offer - I will pm you.
  • Options

Dartford, Gravesend, Stratford, North Greenwich, Charlton.

Journey time?
    Return journey?
    Any advice please?
  • Options
    Trains leave Dartford 25/55 mins past the hour to Gravesend,depart Gravesend 42/12 to Stratford International arrive 58/28, walk to Stratford Underground about 10 mins ,Jubilee line to North Greenwich about 8 mins,then 161,472 or 486 bus to Charlton Station about 10 mins quite quick route but more expensive because of high-speed between Gravesend & Stratford.
  • Options
    I do love a train thread gets me all nostalgic :wink:
  • Options
    Better off going to Belgium to watch it on Rolys live feed....
  • Options

I'm down for the Trust AGM and staying on for the match on Saturday. Please don't ask why or turn this into a pros and cons of boycotting thread.

I have a simple Q: going to visit step mum in care home in Darenth on Sat morning. Was planning to jump on train back from Dartford to Charlton, but there don't seem to be any direct ones? Any recommendations on best/ quickest way back?

I go from my parents place in Chatham (home from uni for the weekend) so I'm on the same line as Dartford. When this happens (regularly) I get the train to Blackheath ans either bus/cab it... about half the time of taking a rail replacement bus through the ghetto of erith and Slade green (did that once and some smackheads threatened to kill me - genuinely feared for my safety so won't be doing that again).
  • Options
    Oh Tiny, are we at home this weekend.

If so, me and the boy (6yrs) had lower west season tickets for last of years, this season if we want to attend, any suggestions as to location?

Still thinking North stand may be a bit too loud for him but we've been to east stand and elsewhere in west stand closer to the covered end and there has been no atmosphere at all.

I struggle to take him into a place where 'you're a c**t' etc is the main play,

Is there a covered end junior choir area (clearly there isn't officially but just asking for a steer here on a place where we can voice our dislike of the regime freely but without me having to take lad away.)

Any ideas?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I go from my parents place in Chatham (home from uni for the weekend) so I'm on the same line as Dartford. When this happens (regularly) I get the train to Blackheath ans either bus/cab it... about half the time of taking a rail replacement bus through the ghetto of erith and Slade green (did that once and some smackheads threatened to kill me - genuinely feared for my safety so won't be doing that again).
    As an "outsider" I usually love London transport, but when it goes wrong then I'm totally at a loss. One night when Bexleyheath trains were cancelled I jumped on a Plumstead train on the basis that it's quite close to B'heath. Got off the train and caught the first bus that had B'heath on the front. It took a really roundabout route via Slade Green where some very dodgy characters got on board, one of the very few times that London has given me the fear.
  • Options
    There are no trains from Lewisham to Charlton Saturday. Can get DLR to Greenwich then bus to Charlton.
  • Options
    msomerton said:

There are no trains from Lewisham to Charlton Saturday. Can get DLR to Greenwich then bus to Charlton.

There are trains between Greenwich and Charlton, 4 an hour, though with uneven gaps of 10 and 20 minutes
  • Options
    addickson said:

As an "outsider" I usually love London transport, but when it goes wrong then I'm totally at a loss. One night when Bexleyheath trains were cancelled I jumped on a Plumstead train on the basis that it's quite close to B'heath. Got off the train and caught the first bus that had B'heath on the front. It took a really roundabout route via Slade Green where some very dodgy characters got on board, one of the very few times that London has given me the fear.
    Nuffink wrong with Slade Green folk.

Salt of the earth characters.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Macronate said:

addickson said:

Genuinely thought I was going to get stabbed on a rail replacement bus at 12pm on a Saturday. By someone with 3 teeth and the world's most greasy hair. That's enough Slade Green for me..
  • Options
    Does slade green even still exsist?
    Thought they bulldosed it
  • Options

Macronate said:

addickson said:

Genuinely thought I was going to get stabbed on a rail replacement bus at 12pm on a Saturday. By someone with 3 teeth and the world's most greasy hair. That's enough Slade Green for me..
    Didn't know Elfsborg came from Slade green
  • Options
    No trains?

There goes my plans to pop down for a couple of beers :-(
  • Options
    @milo I started out in Glasgow so have already done half of that ;-)

Sorted now thanks to @redman.