Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next manager rumours (Karl Robinson interviewed pg.22)

Comments

• Options
    mogodon said:

Female manager? KM - fans only unhappy because female in charge, results are poor because the fans do not give her support (assuming she didn't smash the league with the wondrous resources our managers get bestowed upon them).

Hope Powell would be ideal.

The fans wanted Powell so we gave them Powell
    There's not a chance of them offering it to him or, even if they did, of him accepting. he has something unknown to them. Principles.
    Her
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    David Flitcroft has just been sacked by Bury so will no doubt soon be the next available manager to fall into the odds list
  • Options
    A new reality TV show, "unemployed football manager fitness boot camp".

Steve Bruce, Evans...Slade
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    He's really slim now! #everydayfatism

• Options
    9 promotions is very impressive. Compare that to:

COL achievements:
    -drinking um bongo in the Congo (widely reported TBC)
    -been 'sacked' by RD (has he really been sacked or is he on retainer? TBC)
    -has seen CAFC play (was he watching the game or waiting to throw the little pink pig he had smuggled in in his shoe on the pitch? TBC)

That's a close call.
  • Options
    Now I'm going to display some heavy Politically correct roots here.

I would never describe someone who has worked an African country as 'drinking um bongo in the congo'

Nearly placed a flag there but didn't.

I guess the questions is:
    A) nothing to see here no worries
    B) why didn't you flag as it looks like racism dressed into a joke
    C) why are you still awake loser

Comments?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gary Caldwell would be a good choice but is he stupid enough to come to a basket case of a club like ours ?
  • Options
    edited November 2016

COL achievements:
    -been 'sacked' by RD (has he really been sacked or is he on retainer? TBC)

According to the Belgian news article that first dragged Mowgli out into the harsh light of day, COL said he had parted company with STVV, but hadn't moved on quickly because his family like it in Sint Truiden. Then he said that, over the summer, while working on his pro licence and deciding what to do next, he had been doing ad hoc scouting work for RD when asked. After pausing to find the right word, said it was on a consultancy basis.

His coaching position at STVV was back in the days when it was not actually owned by RD any more, but by one of his business and political pals. Then RD bought the club back, shortly after COL had "parted company" with it.
  • Options
    The next manager will be RD's choice. He let KM have a go, then sacked her choice (Slade).
    I can't see it being another home grown boss like Caldwell.
    It'll be back to 'I'm know what I'm doing' and therefore, CoL.
  • Options

I believe @cabbles is our resident expert on the glaring error that's occurred in this post B)

• Options

Gary Caldwell would be a good choice but is he stupid enough to come to a basket case of a club like ours ?

Footballers and managers are an arrogant bunch; most will believe that they can make a difference and ignore the politics
  • Options
    Don't think it will be Adkins.
  • Options

I would never describe someone who has worked an African country as 'drinking um bongo in the congo'

Comments?

Neil, not sure how old you are, but I think he was referring to this.

https://youtu.be/vUI_MKtaYqM
    I think you have to be at least 30 to remember this advert . Great advert, good drink
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

Comments?

Neil, not sure how old you are, but I think he was referring to this.

https://youtu.be/vUI_MKtaYqM
    I think you have to be at least 30 to remember this advert . Great advert, good drink
    Probably 40 :( But I was humming it to myself when I read the original post.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Valley11 said:

The next manager will be RD's choice. He let KM have a go, then sacked her choice (Slade).
    I can't see it being another home grown boss like Caldwell.
    It'll be back to 'I'm know what I'm doing' and therefore, CoL.

I disagree. I think if it was RD's choice then O'Loughlin would already have been given the job.
    Even Katrien knows that would cause utter chaos both with the fans and likely the players too, so hence the delay why they look for someone more suitable. However i'm sure that despite the supposed 30+ applicants, there are very few who are actually of a decent enough standard to manage us.

I will of course take all of the above back, if "after a lengthy interview process we are delighted to announce Chris O'Loughlin as our new manager"
  • Options
    It'll all come down to if KM persuades RD. If she does we'll get an Adkins or similar, if she doesn't we'll get an O'laughlin.
  • Options
    I think that the club don't know which way to turn now
  • Options
    "Your an idiot"- definition of irony right there.
  • Options

"Your an idiot"- definition of irony right there.

Think that may have been the joke...
  • Options
    Gillis said:

I believe @cabbles is our resident expert on the glaring error that's occurred in this post B)

And I've told him before specifically!!!!

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/2321482#Comment_2321482
  • Options
    Just checked the odds and Loughlin is marginal favourite at 13/8 to Caldwell at 15/8. Jackson has snuck in behind at 3/1 which is interesting. Adkins and Robinson way back at 10 and 12/1 respectively.
  • Options
    Karel at 33s, interesting.
  • Options
    It's always easier to avoid b) while sober