Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next manager rumours (Karl Robinson interviewed pg.22)

Comments

• Female manager? KM - fans only unhappy because female in charge, results are poor because the fans do not give her support (assuming she didn't smash the league with the wondrous resources our managers get bestowed upon them).
  • Trouble with the odds on this sort of thing is it only takes 1 person to put a £10 on one name and the odds crash. I agree with comments on here that no-one knows who it is, least of all the club!!
  • Although I had no time for Slade and have even less time for Steve Evans, he right is what he said about the prospect of joining us. It’s because of this regime, we are now scrapping the bottom of the barrel because who in their right mind would come to Charlton and be involved in a relegation battle, saddled with: no ambition, no leadership and no clue?
  • Odds are merely reflecting how much money is being placed on each manager. It'll be a small market so if i put £50 on Euell to be manager at 22/1 his odds would shoot up.
  • With Slade I used to flip flop between the idea of a nice bloke who thought he could trust the regime, and innocently was trying to do his best within his capabilities; and the other side is he gets whats coming, especially in flinty expectations to deliver because he ought to know exactly what he is getting himself into.

Thinking of him as the decent tryer (which he probably was) made me tend to make some allowances, but it won't be the same for the next person.

The notion of giving the next person a chance is way down the list for me. I am going to assume big time that the next manager/coach knows exactly what they're getting themselves into and it is wins or nothing.

The next manager under this regime ought, in my opinion, to win every remaining home league game, win six of the remaining away league games and they can draw the rest.

The next manager under this regime is welded to the Duchatelet ownership however much they may plead for understanding.
  • Pretty damning from Steve Evans.

And this from a man who was quite happy to work for Cellino at Leeds!

He's worked for a madman once and doesn't want to do it again.
  • KM will claim he was never on our rada anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2016
    Karl Robinson now favourite, no fucking thank you. I'd rather have Fraeye
  • edited November 2016
    CAFCsayer said:

Karl Robinson now favourite, no fucking thank you. I'd rather have Fraeye

Hang on a minute, let's not be too hasty :wink: .
    PS I can't stand KR either.
  • We are all guessing but Gary Caldwell would not be a bad bet and would tick a few boxes and I get the impression a scot would add fire to bellies and getting a real determination into the team so that we don't see capitulation like at Swindon. We are all clutching at straws wanting something positive to happen but knowing it probably wont.
  • Highly doubt they are after anyone. The new bloke is already being told what players we

I'm hoping for Chris O'Loughlin. We want as much ammunition to throw at the regime as possible even if it means going into League 2. This club cannot and will not move forward with these clowns in charge and that is a fact.

I know what you're saying but I don't think league 2 would shift them and I sure as hell don't want us relegated.
  • Frank Lampard is supposedly favourite to be the new MK Dons manager. A club that didn't even exist a few years ago is now a better option than we are.
  • Interesting that no caretaker has been announced. Suggests someone is lined up will be appointed before the weekend.
  • drewman said:

Interesting that no caretaker has been announced. Suggests someone is lined up will be appointed before the weekend.

I think it's more a case of they've tried saying the wrong thing, then tried saying the right thing, now they're trying saying nothing.

Of course, what they really need to try is saying the right thing and doing the right thing, but we might be holding our breath for quite a while on that one.

• Karl Robinson would be alright
  • Sponsored links:

• Karl Robinson has just been sacked by one of the only few clubs below us ... no from me
  • Karl Robinson would be alright

He is crap.
  • State of those suits.

• 9 promotions
    Slade 0

Not that I wanted him.
    Crikey he looks like he has shed about half his body weight, still morbidly obese though.
  • Bloody hell, Steve Evans looks as fit as a fiddle
  • He and Brucie must be workout buddies.

Fair play though, it's not easy losing weight, especially in your 40s/50s (let alone 30s). Well done to him. That's probably the only nice thing I'll say about him.
  • looks like the coach driver lol
  • Female manager? KM - fans only unhappy because female in charge, results are poor because the fans do not give her support (assuming she didn't smash the league with the wondrous resources our managers get bestowed upon them).

Hope Powell would be ideal.

The fans wanted Powell so we gave them Powell
    There's not a chance of them offering it to him or, even if they did, of him accepting. he has something unknown to them. Principles.