Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Getting To Know The Network (4 Part Radio Documentary) (31/1 Part 3, pg. 17)

Comments

• Options
    Daily Fail's coverage as piss poor as always, hasn't bothered to get CARD's title correct and in copying great tranches straight out of the emails manages to get bits of it wrong. I suppose any exposure is worth having even if it is by a slapdash cretinous organ.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I know that Chris Powell was made aware of Driesen's interview (see below) by the SLP on 28 September in which he denied having a major say on transfers, team selection and tactics. I wonder how much that contributed to Jimmy's pieces (both the interview and the content of emails)?

---

But he has spoken out now, responding to claims by Powell and Luzon that they did not have the final say on transfers.

“I don’t blame them, they are humans,” Driesen responded. “Of course they try to defend themselves when things have not worked out for them.

“We only gave him [Powell] tons of information. Yeah, he can say I’ve got e-mails with players in certain systems and things like that, but that was only to help him getting to know the players and use them best if he wanted to use them.

“Not ever – not even once – did anybody say anything that he had to use a certain player or had to play a certain system. That’s just crazy. If you were a manager getting five or six new players that you never heard about, you want as much information as possible – no?

“Because he got so many players from the network to strengthen the team we just tried to give him as much information as possible about each player.

“Like what his best qualities are, what his best position is and in which formation the specific player would play his best football. It all happened in a very open-minded conversation – not saying “you should put that player in that formation”. Just helping him because he did not have the time to analyse all those players.”
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Anyone else notice Roland mispelt Thuram's first name (Yohann, not Yahann)?

That's the LEAST of his problems !!

https://youtu.be/MzbLnQ6QiZU

46min50sec - the idea that Duchatelet interfered with team matters described as "out of reality". A minute later puts this type of rumour down to "ex-employees.. that may be saying certain things for certain reasons".

And Murray sits there nodding.

He knew all this was going on. Now we have definitive proof.

You've overstayed your welcome Richard. Bye bye.
    Jacko's face SAY'S IT ALL !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Part one was brilliant as I really did not know how bad things were. Part 2 I wanted to punch my hand through my IPad! The shit Powell had to put up with no wonder we were in a mess.

No defending the regime (if anyone still was), no surrender in getting these people out of our club.

Can't wait for PART 3 & 4!! Brilliant work and hats off to them
  • Options
    Everything people have been saying and worse, get rid of the Belgians and the rest of the SMT it's the only way forward.

I bet people will say lets just give them another chance hahahahahahaha fools the lot of them.
  • Options

Surely this screws the FA's fit and proper test?!

No, because that basically just checks to see if you've got a criminal record.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

From the Daily Mail

"A Charlton spokesperson said: 'Charlton Athletic don’t comment on private emails.

'The club would like to make clear that the manager picks the team. Karl Robinson has full control of first team selection and has final sign-off on players going in and out of the club.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3985700/Charlton-owner-Roland-Duchatelet-dictated-team-selection-tried-explain-concept-4-4-2-formation-former-manager-Chris-Powell.html#ixzz4RVaN7ZYs
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Now didn't Robinson say on film that there is a transfer committee and no manager has total control.

Seems that mask is slipping already.

I'm not sure this is necessarily untrue. The manager may well be questioned regularly, and forcefully about his selections and tactics, but, in the emails we have seen at least, he Powell was not told in so many words that he must pick certain players. Of course he was backed into a corner by having players old out from under him and eventually lost his job at least partly because of his refusal to take the 'hints', so the end result was much the same, but from the club perspective they would not doubt argue they are not lying.

I would argue in return that if they are telling the truth, they certainly aren't telling all of it.

As for Karl Robinson's situation, it may not be exactly the same as Powell's. That does not, however, change what happened to Powell.

I wasnt referring to Powell but to Robinson and now.

He say committee decides and then the club says he has final say the next day
  • Options
    Well done and thank you Jimmy. Proper journalism.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @PragueAddick did you note that Harris completed due diligence. Seems like fairly strong interest to me :wink:
  • Options
    Fraeye gets lightly too although it confirms he was part of the scouting group he claimed he was co- ordinating
  • Options
    The club may give the final nod to the manager on recruitment, but that it seems is only on the two or three players they've offered up in the first place. It still only amounts to Hobson's choice.
  • Options
    Can believe some of them comments on the other forum regarding this!

People refusing to listen as its "in the past" and that we're in a new era , and that fans have given RD one last chance!

The mind boggles! :worried:
  • Options
    What a well researched, fantastically insightful piece of journalism. Nothing surprises me anymore aside from the ever increasing effort of the supporters of our great club have gone to, exposing the horrendous lies and twisted wishes of a truly sick ownership. One day we will look back at these times as a triumph.