Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Getting To Know The Network (4 Part Radio Documentary) (31/1 Part 3, pg. 17)

Comments

• Options
    I can't describe the anger I feel after listening to episode 2.

• Options
    edited November 2016

On a slightly unrelated note, I read an old blog the other day that suggested that Miere was introduced to people at the training ground as 'sporting director' when she first arrived.

Can atsnyone back this up? That's pretty shocking if true.

@Airman Brown revealed it, there's a thread here

https://www.forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/58901/sporting-director/p1
  • Options
    edited November 2016

On a slightly unrelated note, I read an old blog the other day that suggested that Miere was introduced to people at the training ground as 'sporting director' when she first arrived.

Yes. This is what Chris Powell said she was called at the time. She had no public title until the summer when they started calling her chief executive.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

@Airman Brown revealed it, there's a thread here

https://www.forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/58901/sporting-director/p1

Yes. This is what Chris Powell said she was called at the time.
    Thanks both. Seems I missed it at the time. Wow. Just wow. What incredible stupidity.
  • Options
    Just listened to both episodes.

Crikey.

• Options
    If I print out those emails, write a cover letter and send them to the valley addressed to Karl Robinson, will they reach him?

Would the training ground be the place to send them?!

I want him to be aware of what he is getting into and how he (like the rest of us) has been lied to.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I bet they won't make a statement. What could they say? Its indefensible? Doubt any PR company could spin it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    they'll just ignore it publicly. privately I think a few network friends will be getting a call from El Presidente.

of course if Belgium radio get hold of it then maybe we can look forward to a late night statement from our commander in chief.

• Options
    These numbskulls will ride out the storm and hope it all goes away.
  • Options
    Fucking hell.

I take a bit of comfort in the fact that karma will get Roland soon cos he's old so will hopefully have snuffed it sooner rather than later but, driesen isn't even old, he's a huge problem.
  • Options

Fucking hell.

I take a bit of comfort in the fact that karma will get Roland soon cos he's old so will hopefully have snuffed it sooner rather than later but, driesen isn't even old, he's a huge problem.

Not really Driesen like Meire and the rest of them will all go when Roland goes
  • Options

Fucking hell.

Not really Driesen like Meire and the rest of them will all go when Roland goes
    This is correct - neither of them have even a prayer of keeping their jobs once Roland sells up. And that's why the protest target (in my mind) has always been RD, rather than Katrien.
  • Options
    This will never go away, it is concrete proof that they have been lying all along.
  • Options

they'll just ignore it publicly. privately I think a few network friends will be getting a call from El Presidente.

of course if Belgium radio get hold of it then maybe we can look forward to a late night statement from our commander in chief.

It's time for @PragueAddick 's Belgian journo contacts to be directed towards this, I think. What do you say, Prague?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSS said:

In my opinion this could be the first of a series of "knockout blows" for the current regime.

The club will have to make a statement about this.. thing is they are in a impossible position to do so as they do not have a leg to stand on.

Disagree.

They'll ignore it and wait for it to go away. They're so unbelievably brazen.
    That is the current and optimum crisis management strategy for any organisation not absolutely bound by public scrutiny. If they respond they know they just lay themselves open.
    Though RD is such a maverick he might just do something...............who knows?
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Douchbag's PA back in St Truiden not happy either after passing off the emails as fake and then learning of the interviews;

• Options
    edited November 2016
    WSS said:

In my opinion this could be the first of a series of "knockout blows" for the current regime.

The club will have to make a statement about this.. thing is they are in a impossible position to do so as they do not have a leg to stand on.

Disagree.

They'll ignore it and wait for it to go away. They're so unbelievably brazen.
    I'd imagine they'll ignore it and hope it goes away.Evidence as damning as this will be omnipresent from the board room to the boot-room. There will be no escaping it.