Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Our plight be food for banter
  • Options
    Standard sarcastic "Bitter ex employee" post.
  • Options
    Robert taking over sounds good, trouble is he will probably stick Keggy Keegle in charge and make us play in black and white stripes.
  • Options
    If there's one good thing that came out of yesterday it showed the world how really bad we are on the field as off it
  • Options
    Halix said:

Robert taking over sounds good, trouble is he will probably stick Keggy Keegle in charge and make us play in black and white stripes.

We've all got black and white shirts and scarves so an easy transition.

• Options
    lolwray said:

If there's one good thing that came out of yesterday it showed the world how really bad we are on the field as off it

You mean the 10 other viewers who were neither Addicks or Swindon fans.
  • Options
    lolwray said:

And I'm bloody terrible on the field these days
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

lolwray said:

You mean the 10 other viewers who were neither Addicks or Swindon fans.
  • Options
    I remember meeting Thommo at Sparrows Lane, when to a 14/15 year old lad, he was like a bronzed adonis - all wavey permed highlights, and sculpted muscles lacquered in fake tan.

Was a pretty decent bloke though, and as others have said on here, he served the cause very well in some difficult times for the club.

If I remember correctly, he had a penchant for the tackle from behind, that may have seen him struggle in the modern game!
  • Options
    Come on Thomo and Sir Robert of Lee get yr checkbooks out
  • Options
    I not that 'Rob' Lee's tweets were sent from Romford and then Luton. Oh the glamour life these ex-pros lead..
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Thommo was a massive (literally) part of that great team that got us into the old 1st division in 86. Him and Pender in the middle with Reid and Humphreys at FB, a great back 4.

Wasn't his nickname Rambo? Very solid defence all signed at the same time as well.
  • Options
    What I most remember about Thommo was that he would win the ball and then give to someone else to create something rather than think he was suddenly Beckenbauer and fanny around.
  • Options

Thommo was a massive (literally) part of that great team that got us into the old 1st division in 86. Him and Pender in the middle with Reid and Humphreys at FB, a great back 4.

Wasn't his nickname Rambo? Very solid defence all signed at the same time as well.
    Yes, he was known as Rambo
  • Options
    iaitch said:

What I most remember about Thommo was that he would win the ball and then give to someone else to create something rather than think he was suddenly Beckenbauer and fanny around.

Leave Jean out of this
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I haven't aged a bit either......
  • Options
    Good aren't they. Legacy of the Slade era.

They are visable from the outside and so you can't look in but from the inside they let in the light. What's the word for that?
  • Options

They are visable from the outside and so you can't look in but from the inside they let in the light. What's the word for that?

Window? Tinted?
  • Options

Sneaky
  • Options

Charltonalesence
  • Options

I remember meeting Thommo at Sparrows Lane, when to a 14/15 year old lad, he was like a bronzed adonis - all wavey permed highlights, and sculpted muscles lacquered in fake tan.

Did he have a German Shepherd with him?
    I'd hate to disappoint you but it wasn't "Thommo" ;)
  • Options

Robert Lee's whereabouts - a) Romford : he lives over the water b) Luton : his son Olly plays for Luton

Thommo - we were standing by the goal at Welling when he launched a thunderous sliding tackle ending up at our feet. Magnificent !! LL and his heroes receive relatively little attention, partly I guess because of the Selhurst thing, but they were great guys and some very special years.
  • Options
    Translucent?