Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Orient - all sounds horribly familiar

Comments

• Options
    Another foreign owner ripping apart a club...they should all f off
  • Options

Dreadful. And if Orient go, that'll leave us as the worst London club in the league...

Barnet are in league 2.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited March 2017
    One of the difficulties that Orient face is the WHU behemoth on their doorstep. When WHU demanded exclusive use of the stadium, Orient were completely stuffed. Hearne got out at the point. The WHU deal causes Orient great problems. It is going to be tough for the supporters. Wish them all the best.
  • Options
    Badger said:

The league have been assured that Orient will settle their debts with the taxman. They will also be able to complete their remaining fixtures which is good news.

Let's hope they can now steer themselves away from their current position.

7 points adrift of safety, they need a miracle now. By contrast Notts County under Kevin Nolan seem to be heading towards safety
  • Options
    edited March 2017

He could but the Becchetti wants his money back that he gave Herne in the first place. not sure if Herne would do that for a club looking like they're already gone down.

don't know what the orient fans think of Herne as he was the one who sold the club to Becchetti who has invested next to nothing into the club. should herne of maybe been a bit more careful about who he sold the club to?

Herne extended an invitation to help and give advice to the new owner and was completely ignored.
  • Options

He could but the Becchetti wants his money back that he gave Herne in the first place. not sure if Herne would do that for a club looking like they're already gone down.

don't know what the orient fans think of Herne as he was the one who sold the club to Becchetti who has invested next to nothing into the club. should herne of maybe been a bit more careful about who he sold the club to?

Herne extended an invitation to help and give advice to the new owner and was completely ignored.
    The same as us. These owners don't want help, because they are not trying to build a successful football club.

They are using the club for their own ends, which has nowt to do with football.
  • Options

Badger said:

The league have been assured that Orient will settle their debts with the taxman. They will also be able to complete their remaining fixtures which is good news.

7 points adrift of safety, they need a miracle now. By contrast Notts County under Kevin Nolan seem to be heading towards safety
    Where's Steve Gritt when you need him?

He saved Brighton when they were marooned in the nineties.
  • Options
    They are in the High Court tomorrow for the winding-up order hearing.

Their fighting fund has already raised over 100k.

I know we cannot divert the taxes we pay to keep West Ham in the splendour they believe they are entitled to, but if you can spare a bit, this is the page
  • Options
    Wishing them all the best for tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Badger said:

They're as good as gone. They've only got 8 points since boxing day, and they need 8 points just to get out of the drop zone and that's if Cheltenham don't get a single point.
  • Options
    I've heard that Hearn might be in the mood to go back and take them over again, looks like it'll be as a conference club - but if true it'd be fairly promising for them.
  • Options
    Phew.

A bit of breathing space at least.
  • Options
    Now on to their 5th Manager of the season...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39442801
  • Options
    Yes that's awful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And how much is that tosser worth who owns them? It must be millions.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Exactly the same as us - the face in the dugout is pretty much irrelevant if everything above that is a shambles. Lets hope they get sold soon and can start rebuilding.

Well done FA and Football League, does any other field, sporting or otherwise, have such ineffective governance?!
    I'd say the ECB & ICC are pretty much up there with them in that, driven by greed and money, they're quickly killing off county & test match cricket. FIFA too (look no further than Blatter & Havelange), and the IOC. Basically where there's money there's corruption, procrastintion and the 'sport' takes second place.

Not to mention, of course, the huge doping scandal at the 1987 Harrogate World Tiddlywinks finals!
  • Options

MrLargo said:

Exactly the same as us - the face in the dugout is pretty much irrelevant if everything above that is a shambles. Lets hope they get sold soon and can start rebuilding.

Well done FA and Football League, does any other field, sporting or otherwise, have such ineffective governance?!
    I'd say the ECB & ICC are pretty much up there with them in that, driven by greed and money, they're quickly killing off county & test match cricket. FIFA too (look no further than Blatter & Havelange), and the IOC. Basically where there's money there's corruption, procrastintion and the 'sport' takes second place.

Not to mention, of course, the huge doping scandal at the 1987 Harrogate World Tiddlywinks finals!
    I'd disagree with your comment that the ECB and ICC are 'quickly killing off county & test match cricket' - Test match cricket in this country at least is booming - with most Tests sold out months before they are played, and Lords attracts 100k+ crowds (over the period of a Test) EVERY year- i wouldnt call that being killed off !
    A lot of it is to do with evolution, in the same way that fewer people are watching tv nowadays and are spending more time on their computers, there is a lot more people around the world who have become interested in cricket because of T20 who might not be attracted to Test match cricket.

The ECB and ICC would be irresponsible in their duty to ignore the huge emergence of T20 globally , and , in my view, are trying to find the best balance between formats whilst also trying to optimise the financial elements in order that cricket as a sport can push forward . Who, in their right mind wouldnt want their sport/team to progress and move forward financially too ? - then again, this is a Charlton Forum, and i wont talk about The Peninsular.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Never has 'Let down by the Football League' been more appropriate. They are fecking useless tossers. The only surprising thing is that Katrien isn't their CEO.
  • Options
    Will be sad if Orient go out of the Football League.
    Remember years ago (early sixties) they had one season
    in the old Division One. Decent players then like Dave Dunmore,
    Malcolm Lucus, Cyril Lea and many others that I can't remember.
    Feel for the O's!
  • Options

Will be sad if Orient go out of the Football League.
    Remember years ago (early sixties) they had one season
    in the old Division One. Decent players then like Dave Dunmore,
    Malcolm Lucus, Cyril Lea and many others that I can't remember.
    Feel for the O's!

I don't think they're particularly worried about going out of the football league. Think they're more worried about going out of existence.