Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I'm a celebrity (really?) 2016

edited November 2016 in Not Sports Related
Well, it's nearly that time of year again. I can't stand reality tv shows as a rule. But for some reason this one has, from time to time, captured my attention. I'm not going to attempt to justify it or it's oddities but I have found some series to be ghoulishly entertaining and Ant & Dec have the jovial host routine down to a tee. I've enjoyed three or four of the last half dozen series as there have been a number of "celebrities" that I have been familiar with and have enjoyed watching crash and burn/empathised with more than I expected to (Bannatyne, Haye, Foggy, Bullard, Hadley etc) and the odd unknown (to me) who has commanded my interest for a variety of reasons good or bad (wossername who won last year, that bonkers Lady C woman etc. But there have been years where I've just not watched at all as I simply don't recognise/care about any of the contestants. This year is heading to be one of the latter I fear. Apart from Vorderman who I generally find insufferable, I barely recognise any of them (my afore-stated aversion to reality TV probably explains that).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/37906258/carol-vorderman-scarlett-moffatt-confirmed-for-im-a-celebrity-get-me-out-of-here

Feels like this may be approaching its self by date.

Sorry to reduce discussion to clapped out entertainers and talentless wannabes but it does have a certain ring to it..........

Comments

• Options
    I never watch, no matter who is on. In fact I am always slightly disappointed when I find out someone I quite admire (Larry Lamb on this occasion) stoops to appear in this show, but I understand the appearance money is very tempting.
  • Options
    Wayne Bridge could be an interesting addition as no doubt he'll "reveal a few stories"

In short he'll just waffle on about the glory days rather than being remembered as the bloke who's missus slept with John Terry
  • Options
    Same old games/challenges I suppose, wife loves this , but strength of celebrities makes this only just bearable for me.
  • Options
    Surely the spin-off show (I'm a celebrity - Extra Camp) should be hosted by Rylan ?
  • Options
    I heard Danny Baker was on this year, which horrified me as I'm a big fan of his. He's got a few weeks off from his show and that appeared to be the reason. But I think he might've been on a wind up based on recent tweets.
  • Options
    OK I admit it - I love this show.
    It's entertaining, a bit of escapism and brings quite a few laughs.
    Looking forward to it.
  • Options
    ola jordan could do a mylene klass
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    John Terry excited Wayne is going into the jungle..
  • Options
    Haven't watched it since the first couple of years.

That Scarlett is really funny on Gogglebox though, think she could win.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

I heard Danny Baker was on this year, which horrified me as I'm a big fan of his. He's got a few weeks off from his show and that appeared to be the reason. But I think he might've been on a wind up based on recent tweets.

I've seen his name mentioned too. He could be one of the two that usually go in a few days later.
  • Options
    A collection of nice women and other interesting personalities.

Sounds like pretty decent viewing this year
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

I've seen his name mentioned too. He could be one of the two that usually go in a few days later.
    Chris Evans said this morning that Danny Baker is in it.
  • Options
    The only two I would not know a lot about are Joel Dommett (comedian) and Jordan Banjo from Diversity dance group.
  • Options
    Trashy though it may be - it;s easy viewing and nice light entertainment.
  • Options
    Ho ho. Baker joining might even get me to watch an episode.

Nah.
  • Options
    Surprised the pic of Lisa snowdon in a Charlton shirt hasn't been posted yet.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    only reality show worth watching. when they get it right its brialliant

hoping danny baker doesn't disappoint
  • Options
    Jordan Banjo, famous for being Ashley Banjo's brother, oh and he's also in Diversity.

Take any other member of diversity and put them in there and no-one would have a clue who they were! 10 years too late for Snowdon to get her kit off really, and about 20 years too late for Vorderman.

Still would though, obviously
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Some very pretty ladies this year.

And, (in the interests of equality) some blokes as well.
  • Options
    Lisa Snowdon. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
  • Options
    Danny Baker was approached years ago to do the show when he was on BBC London Breakfast in the treehouse, he was well up for it. He didn't go in as they thought he wouldn't fit in with the group dynamic!

It is, by far, the best "reality" show on TV, just for Ant and Dec alone.

Very strong line up this year, should be good viewing.
  • Options
    According to the link posted above Danny Baker did not make the final selection.
  • Options
    This is the saddest thread I have ever read. At least Larry Lamb is getting paid.
  • Options
    Danny Baker "pulled out", because he was not permitted to take a box of wine in, as his luxury item.