Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Calvin Andrew: Rochdale striker banned for 12 games

Andrew was the lad who gave us problems at The Valley. 12 game ban for elbowing Peter Clarke on Saturday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37876911

Comments

• Options
    Wow. Proper assault. He must have had a reason. You wonder if there might have been a racist comment or some such. Something must have happened for Andrew to do that.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-one/10645019/rochdale-striker-given-12-match-ban
  • Options
    Bloody hell - that was an unprovoked assault.
  • Options
    Genuinely shocking
  • Options
    Titanic sinks...
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Titanic sinks...

?
  • Options

Wow. Proper assault. He must have had a reason. You wonder if there might have been a racist comment or some such. Something must have happened for Andrew to do that.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-one/10645019/rochdale-striker-given-12-match-ban

I'm sorry CE, I usually agree with your posts but that's not a good angle to go head down. Sometimes people are just ruthless horrible bastard regardless of skin colour. Just because it's black on white doesn't immediately ring racism alarms. It wouldn't the other way round. Cheap shot and he deserves everything thrown at him.
    I agree it was awful, it was an assault, but he must have had a reason to do it.

(I'm not saying any reason would justify that because it wouldn't, but there must be a reason).
  • Options

I'm sorry CE, I usually agree with your posts but that's not a good angle to go head down. Sometimes people are just ruthless horrible bastard regardless of skin colour. Just because it's black on white doesn't immediately ring racism alarms. It wouldn't the other way round. Cheap shot and he deserves everything thrown at him.
    I agree it was awful, it was an assault, but he must have had a reason to do it.

(I'm not saying any reason would justify that because it wouldn't, but there must be a reason).
    The reason could be that he's a complete headloss. It happens in games across the country every weekend.
  • Options
    I remember thinking about that c*** Chris morgan's elbow when I saw he was assistant manager at Chesterfield the other week. Can't remember who he did it too, but he was at Sheff Utd.

The FA should introduce rules in this instance that ban him for the season. Like Ben Thatcher on Mendes all those years ago. If the FA had the balls to do that, the club could likely sack this guy for gross misconduct, he can't play for the whole season and he goes unpaid. Good. I appreciate he might have a family, but couldn't give a toss. He should've thought of that before he did it.

Season long bans (from the time of the incident) would be the way forward for me
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2016
    cabbles said:

I remember thinking about that c*** Chris morgan's elbow when I saw he was assistant manager at Chesterfield the other week. Can't remember who he did it too, but he was at Sheff Utd.

The FA should introduce rules in this instance that ban him for the season. Like Ben Thatcher on Mendes all those years ago. If the FA had the balls to do that, the club could likely sack this guy for gross misconduct, he can't play for the whole season and he goes unpaid. Good. I appreciate he might have a family, but couldn't give a toss. He should've thought of that before he did it.

Season long bans (from the time of the incident) would be the way forward for me

It was that tricky little striker for Barnsley? smashed his skull IIRC.

Here you go, Iain Hulme https://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/nov/16/barnsley-sheffield-united?0p19G=c
  • Options
    Outrageous - how can that not be a criminal offence?
  • Options
    cabbles said:

I'm not even sure it's something that the football authorities should be dealing with at all, looks more like a matter for the police to me.
  • Options
    An awful assault. Looking at the fixture list it's touch and go whether he's banned for the return match against us, depending on how many FA Cup games they play between now and then
  • Options
    How on earth did he expect that not to be picked up on camera? Makes me think he wanted a nice little winter break. Danny Mills style
  • Options
    I've seen worse on a Sunday morning. A kid who used to play or us (my old pub team) as a 16 year old had his cheekbone smashed right in like, indented in and needed loads of surgery by some arsehole from sheppey. He is about 28 now and was awesome as a youngster bit his face is still ruined.

That incident kicked off a brawl that involved everyone, even our goalkeepers dad who took one of the island dwellers teeth out with either his walking stick or a broom. Amazingly the game didn't get abandoned.
  • Options
    Carter said:

I've seen worse on a Sunday morning. A kid who used to play or us (my old pub team) as a 16 year old had his cheekbone smashed right in like, indented in and needed loads of surgery by some arsehole from sheppey. He is about 28 now and was awesome as a youngster bit his face is still ruined.

That incident kicked off a brawl that involved everyone, even our goalkeepers dad who took one of the island dwellers teeth out with either his walking stick or a broom. Amazingly the game didn't get abandoned.

That's absolutely horrible, that's why I hated Sunday football there were just too many arseholes who wanted to hurt people.
  • Options

Carter said:

That's absolutely horrible, that's why I hated Sunday football there were just too many arseholes who wanted to hurt people.
    And just as well I was not good enough for Sunday morning football!
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Poor guy. Smashed in the face and then slandered as a racist on Charlton Life... He's lucky he wasn't the one doing the elbowing or who knows what people might be accusing him of....

Some people are just arseholes (12 clubs in 10 years suggests that, unless that's possible racism too) and on a football pitch there's a million things you can say or do to people to get them riled up.
  • Options
    Coward. Glad he has a long ban. Must be the ex Palace in him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd introduce a rule that when a serious foul, if the player assaulted is out for x, so should the fouler. I think it would change the attitude some players would have in these situations. Might be even better at stopping the leg breakers.
  • Options
    The truth of the matter is that he could have killed him. ..A horrible cowardly thing to do
  • Options
    Should be 12 month ban IMHO.
  • Options
    Dreadful incident - needs a longer ban.
  • Options

Carter said:

And just as well I was not good enough for Sunday morning football!
    Didn't pass the height test?
  • Options
    hadnt seen it until just now and its digusting do that on a high street would be assault, should have a fine that reflects 12 weeks wages hit these players where it hurts.
  • Options
    I think football is light on these sort of hot heads in all honesty. There shouldn't be a place for them in the game!
  • Options
    No wonder he's not at Crystal Palace anymore... They only like people there who shout really loud at you rather than following through with their actions, absolute scumbag though should be in jail for those actions.
  • Options
    On Wikipedia; 321 appearances, 32 goals. That's terrible for a striker.

Especially when compared to Simon Church (270 appearances, 49 goals)
  • Options
    Carter said:

Seen too many incidents like that over the years. Played a team from Roehampton one year - they were top and we gave them a shoeing as they had a couple of players missing, after we got a second goal pretty much straight after the first, one of the c**ts spat straight in the face of the scorer and nutted him - caused a massive row with everyone involved. Another time in the Camden Sunday I saw a black team and white team basically kick shit out of each other right from the whistle - like a race-riot version of a bad tempered ice hockey game. Bloke got absolutely caned over the head with a motorbike helmet - never forget the sound of it.

Couldn't be bothered with it after all the shit and jacked it in a few years back