Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roland Duchâtelet’s 70th birthday (Day -1)

edited November 2016 in General Charlton
Our illustrious but decidedly eccentric owner reaches his 70th birthday next week, on Monday 14th November. And CARD will be helping to mark the occasion.

Every day this week, we will be unveiling a birthday gift and then a special surprise next Sunday.

Today, it’s BDAY -7, and we are delighted to present M. Duchâtelet with a ticket for the home match versus Sheffield United at the Valley on 26th November. North Stand Upper, of course, so he can sing along to some of his favourite tunes.

Look, we know times are hard even for a billionaire. It’s difficult to make ends meet. But we are sure that Uncle Roly has been just itching to come along to the Valley if only he could, so .........

Hey Presto! There you go Roland, beggar the expense, you’re in!

What? You don’t remember the way? That's understandable given your failure to attend a home match in over 2 years. Ok, never mind. We can get around that. We’ll even throw in a map of the local area so you can find the Valley.

No excuses now.

We look forward to seeing you there. Come and say hello, you are assured of a warm South East London welcome and you might even learn something about how great Charlton fans are.

Watch out for another gift to be unveiled tomorrow.

Meanwhile, let’s have some of your ideas, Charlton fans. What would you like to give Roland for his birthday, if you could? But best keep it fairly polite. You never know who is following every word on here.......

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Three score and ten, sounds ominous Roly!

Don't bother coming over to take in a game, time to put your duck taped feet up and call it a day, me and the vast majority of Charlton fans thinks. You know it makes sense.
  • Options
    I'd like to arrange a visit from a Russian with a Polonium cocktail. If you can't enjoy a nice drink on your birthday then when can you?!
  • Options
    Give him his own supply of vol-au-vents for the game, on the basis that Perks normally eats them all.
  • Options
    Happy birthday mate have a good un. 70th is a big un and I hope that the Gillingham result from the other week won't still be grating on him and he can salvage some happiness on his big day.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

I'd like to make him a gift of £124,560,000.

Yes, it seems like a lot of money. But it's easy to arrange. All he'd have to do is give away Charlton to a new owner. (Perhaps, if he's getting into the spirit, he could give Charlton to its customers).

The average life expectancy for Belgians is 80.38 years. Which means he's got 10.38 years left. Or 124.56 months. And, as ownership of Charlton is costing him a million quid a month, simply giving away the football club would make him £124.56m.

How about it Roland? Give Charlton back to the weird people who think they already have some kind of "ownership". After all, it's better to give than receive.

The maths doesn't work like that - it's not a straight line. Life expectancy averages include stuff like infant deaths, road accidents, etc. So once you get past these hurdles, you can expect to live longer than the average. In other words, the older you get, the older you will get. If Roland gets to 70, he can expect to go way past 80. :-(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    3blokes said:

For his birthday I'd just like to take him out..... :wink:

Awww thats kind of you... Where do you plan on taking him?
  • Options
    The best birthday present he could have would be...........Crystal Palace.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

3blokes said:

Somewhere quiet, just the two of us :smile::wink:
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    3blokes said:

3blokes said:

Building sand castles in the sky? I name that tune in one. :wink:
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    RedChaser said:

3blokes said:

3blokes said:

Building sand castles in the sky? I name that tune in one. :wink:
    Yes something like that :smile: just a nice evening together.

• Options
    3 blokes, take him to a home game plenty of quite places there.
  • Options
    He can have the wife.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Welly said:

3 blokes, take him to a home game plenty of quite places there.

That's the venue sorted right there :smile:
    Just to clarify should this be misconstrued - this is simply to take the guy out for a meal to discuss all things Charlton, nothing more. :smile:

• Sponsored links:

• Options

mrbligh said:

Birthday suit image

Is that a young Airman back in the day?
    Thinner then, evidently . . .
  • Options
    As he seems to have problems with his shoes I'd very happily give him one (or both) of my boots
  • Options
    I would like to buy Roly a brand new inflatable chief executive with realistic hair and a brain that works.
  • Options
    If Roland decides not to take you up on those tickets can I call shotgun?!