Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Scunthorpe FA Cup - advance sales.

1234568»

Comments

• DRAddick said:

markmc68 said:

3500. That's low.
    Explain that one to Roland.

Bloody snow storms. Lucky the game went ahead at all.
    Don't forget the Royal Mail messed up the delivery of 21,977 tickets as well.

• MrLargo said:

Lowest Saturday crowd for how long I wonder?

Must be pre-Selhurst, so at least 31 years. Another impressive stat for Katrien's LinkedIn profile.
    Surely the crowds at Upton Park were pretty low as well. I'm no doubt wrong but I thought there were only 3 or 4 thousand of us turning up there for most matches
    You're right, plenty of sub-5k gates at Upton Park. Was thinking specifically of it being lowest crowd at The Valley since before Selhurst.
  • We had a home during those 6 years, it's just that like West Ham today we were renting it.
  • Must be lowest fa cup attendance since 1920s or ever?
  • kentred2 said:

Must be lowest fa cup attendance since 1920s or ever?

November 30th, 1927 - first round replay against Merthyr Town was watched by 3,875 at The Valley. That appears to be the only lower FA crowd to watch Charlton in a home FA Cup tie since they joined the League in 1921. That was played on a Wednesday afternoon, when most people will have been at work!
    Don't know whether to Like, Lol or Cry.
  • kentred2 said:

Must be lowest fa cup attendance since 1920s or ever?

November 30th, 1927 - first round replay against Merthyr Town was watched by 3,875 at The Valley. That appears to be the only lower FA crowd to watch Charlton in a home FA Cup tie since they joined the League in 1921. That was played on a Wednesday afternoon, when most people will have been at work!
    And I doubt if many Merthyr fans were in the crowd, so it is probably safe to say the number of Addicks present on 5th November 2016 was even lower than in 1927.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yesterday's turnout was probably more a reflection of poor performances by Charlton teams in recent years than it was an anti-regime thing. FA Cup apathy set it long ago at the Valley. I doubt none of us really expected that result or performance. If we get a home tie in the next round then the gate for that will be the one to watch because we now expect a strong team will be fielded by Russell and it to deliver a better performance and an attempt to win the game. If the crowd is still that low for that game then people can claim it will be down to the regime.

I agree. I mean, we haven't even reached the quarter-finals since 2014 . . .
    And did the team turn up that day ?

Not sure we actually won any games at home in that cup run, anybody remember for sure ?
  • Know it's not available but would be interested in the breakdown of ages of those there yesterday. The couple of crowd pics I've seen shows a high weighting of Over 55s.
  • Didn't lose any, either. We were only drawn at home once, against Oxford, which was called off and played as an evening match.
  • Know it's not available but would be interested in the breakdown of ages of those there yesterday. The couple of crowd pics I've seen shows a high weighting of Over 55s.

And what's your problem with the over 55s?

Do you want to say that to my face?

There were a lot of youth in their Adidas originals in the Lib and quite a few kids where I was siting too.

Typical ageist comment from CARD who hate everyone ; - )
  • A short survey for anyone that's interested:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/R5FBP2H
  • Stig said:

A short survey for anyone that's interested:

Still plenty of spaces.
  • 49 so far - thank you.
  • E-cafc said:

How can we possibly be trying to compare yesterday's attendance with games that were played at Selhurst Park or Upton Park? No comparison is possible. Back then we were without a home and seemingly without a future and still the loyal fans stuck with the club and our away support was a hell of a lot better that it is now. We have been back at The Valley for 24 years. The years after our return all saw increases in the fanbase culminating in the years of sold out home games in the Prem. What has been done to our club by the shit owners that we have presently cannot be compared to the years before our return.

Agreed. The only comparison would be our if RD took us from The Valley to share with Palace or Millwall now. When we shared with Palace and West Ham our numbers were, in effect, an away following. Imagine how many would do the same now...
  • Sponsored links:

Nothing wrong with being over 55 fella.

Cabbles!!!!....................he is starting on the oldies now!

Nothing wrong with being over 55 fella.

Cabbles!!!!....................he is starting on the oldies now!
    Get the People's Moderator on the case @i_b_b_o_r_g he's back at work today :wink: .
  • Will look into it
  • edited November 2016

Will look into it

That to do list is getting a bit long mate you need ' a little less conversation and a little more action'
    A ha, thank you very much :wink:
  • IdleHans said:

Text STOP to 60070.

Text GO to 60070
  • Stig said:

Just bumping this. Will post the results tonight.
  • Stig said:

Stig said:

Just bumping this. Will post the results tonight.
    Done.
  • Bloody hell Stig. You'll be telling us the Pope's catholic next :wink:
  • jdmotion said:

The Charlton Athletic Ex Managers Offspring Supporters Club (Battersea Branch) will also be out in force.
    Possibly with one son.
    Although I don't want to put him off.

No son unfortunately. Missed sitting behind the dugout. Would have enjoyed that.