Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Scunthorpe FA Cup - advance sales.

Comments

• Instead of charging £10 for adults why don't they charge £5 for adults? Surely it makes sense that if you can't get fans in the door you lower the price?

Because the FA wouldn't let them.

The FA say minimum price to be charged for an FA Cup game is a tenner.

• Instead of charging £10 for adults why don't they charge £5 for adults? Surely it makes sense that if you can't get fans in the door you lower the price?

Here' Airman's post from earlier in this thread;

Airman BrownAirman Brown
    November 1
    MuttleyCAFC said:
    Outside of the obvious reasons why the crowd will be small - we also know that Charlton never take the cup seriously. If the maanger doesn't bother, why should we? They ought to make it as cheap as possible to get numbers in.

Not allowed to charge less than £10 for adults under the rules.

minimum charge for FA cup is £10. FA rules
  • edited November 2016
    @Sheedy as Airman, Henry, me and the Oggster have come up with the same answer I think you can safely take it that £10 is the minimum adult ticket price :wink: .
  • In all seriousness, who have we got Tuesday?

Colchester A Checkatrade Trophy.
    Wow! Can we get Karel Fraye to lead our team out, to relive happy memories of last season.

Or a couple of laundry baskets on the bench for Russ if we lose...

• http://www.skysports.com/football/charlton-vs-barnet/229177

To put things in perspective, back in 2010 (our second season in L1 and around the time the Spivs took over) we played Barnet in the FA Cup. After drawing 0-0 at Underhill, we won the replay 1-0

Yes it was a Tuesday night, but the attendance was still only 4803, and that for a relatively attractive match for the visiting fans.

Barnet brought 450. We'd won the four previous league matches, including 5-1 at Peterborough the previous weekend, but we played Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday at home after the replay (four home matches in 12 days) so that may have inclined more people to give Barnet a miss. The official crowd the following weekend was 15,000 for Yeovil. There were then just under 6,000 home fans at The Valley for Luton in the second round. There were 7,000 home fans for Carlisle in the second round a year later. I think it's fair to say that anything below 5,000 for a Saturday FA Cup tie is pretty poor.
    What I was getting at, is that poor crowds for FA Cup matches are sadly becoming the norm. Those 7000 home fans a year later were during our 101 season, so even with a wining team playing good football, legendary manager and liked (at the time) owners, the attendance numbers weren't good
  • Millwall are charging £20 for their game against Southend tonight, could be a very low crowd even for them.

To put things in perspective, back in 2010 (our second season in L1 and around the time the Spivs took over) we played Barnet in the FA Cup. After drawing 0-0 at Underhill, we won the replay 1-0

Yes it was a Tuesday night, but the attendance was still only 4803, and that for a relatively attractive match for the visiting fans.

Barnet brought 450. We'd won the four previous league matches, including 5-1 at Peterborough the previous weekend, but we played Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday at home after the replay (four home matches in 12 days) so that may have inclined more people to give Barnet a miss. The official crowd the following weekend was 15,000 for Yeovil. There were then just under 6,000 home fans at The Valley for Luton in the second round. There were 7,000 home fans for Carlisle in the second round a year later. I think it's fair to say that anything below 5,000 for a Saturday FA Cup tie is pretty poor.
    What I was getting at, is that poor crowds for FA Cup matches are sadly becoming the norm. Those 7000 home fans a year later were during our 101 season, so even with a wining team playing good football, legendary manager and liked (at the time) owners, the attendance numbers weren't good
    You're right, @killerandflash. The FA Cup has taken the old status of the League Cup, the League Cup has now become a bit of a non-event and three farcical Checkatrade games make the Simod Cup look like something people loved dearly. I'm not sure why cups are less valued. I guess the Premier League has become by far the premier tournament domestically.
  • Millwall are charging £20 for their game against Southend tonight, could be a very low crowd even for them.

It's their cup final
  • Sponsored links:

• Club must be worried about the attendance because for the first time they have text me with the ticket prices for tomorrow.
  • Club must be worried about the attendance because for the first time they have text me with the ticket prices for tomorrow.

Same. Pretty sure I asked to for myself to be removed from their database entirely. Hmmmmmm.
  • Was Scunny our first game after prem relegation?
  • Was Scunny our first game after prem relegation?

Yes.
  • If we get 4000 tomorrow I'll be shocked.

Is the 'Katrien Tax' in operation for pay on the day?
  • If we get 4000 tomorrow I'll be shocked.

Hopefully it will be pouring down as it is now, that'll keep people away.

Me too.
  • edited November 2016
    And me!!
  • Sponsored links:

Not sure exactly what your point is here but in an indirect way you seem to be sticking up for the current Regime. At least the Spivs had a sort of plan and were not content for Charlton to be in League One. They had ambition ( but not enough money ) whereas the current amateurs have plenty of money but absolutely no ambition for Charlton. That is the big difference.
    Hardly

I'm pointing out that crap crowds in the FA Cup are sadly common nowadays, and that we've commonly had some pretty poor attendances over the last few years in the early rounds. It's only attractive away games (e.g. the away matches at Spurs and Fulham) which interest fans

That Barnet match was around the time of the takeover, so before the Spivs era anyway.

It's their cup final
    To be fair, their cup final has actually been a recent cup final.....
  • I'm going. Why?

Well it's not in anticipation of a scintillating cup tie with a fantastic atmosphere.

I'm pretty sure if I lived in England I wouldn't be anywhere near The Valley tomorrow but it's my one chance to see for myself what the owners and management have created. They're not making any money at the ten pounds ticket price and I'll spend nothing else there. Normally I look forward to a game but it's almost like I'm forcing myself to go. What a weird situation.
  • I'm going. Why?

Well it's not in anticipation of a scintillating cup tie with a fantastic atmosphere.

I'm pretty sure if I lived in England I wouldn't be anywhere near The Valley tomorrow but it's my one chance to see for myself what the owners and management have created. They're not making any money at the ten pounds ticket price and I'll spend nothing else there. Normally I look forward to a game but it's almost like I'm forcing myself to go. What a weird situation.

Join the club Bangkokaddick, although I'm not wasting my time tomorrow.
  • I remember when 3rd round day felt a bit like Christmas.
  • markmc68 said:

Desperate

Same here never had a text from the club before.
  • As an ex-ST I got a call more than a year ago pushing renewal. Very polite lady. I said I won't be attending matches until Belgians are gone. She conveyed that she understood and had obviously had similar responses.

Today after an age of silence, I got a text pushing cup tickets. They are hurting! Boycott is the way to go.
  • Just got a text myself. Very late to start trying to sell the match