Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Scunthorpe FA Cup - advance sales.

Comments

• In all seriousness, who have we got Tuesday?

colchester away.

It's Checkatrade time.

Colchester A Checkatrade Trophy.
  • Sold just over 500 so far. Looking forward to it, although reading your messages I'm sure it will be a much different atmosphere to the one last time I came to the valley. 1-1 on the Championship opening day!
  • Sold just over 500 so far. Looking forward to it, although reading your messages I'm sure it will be a much different atmosphere to the one last time I came to the valley. 1-1 on the Championship opening day!

Remember that game - Marcus Bent scored for us. Great Memories.

It will be like a morgue, with about 4,000 Charlton fans in the lower tiers of the North & West Stands.
  • edited November 2016

Sold just over 500 so far. Looking forward to it, although reading your messages I'm sure it will be a much different atmosphere to the one last time I came to the valley. 1-1 on the Championship opening day!

It will be like a morgue, with about 4,000 Charlton fans in the lower tiers of the North & West Stands.
    Currently looking like we may struggle to get to 4,000 home fans, looking at the seats available. I am guessing that the large blocks of seats in use together are tickets that have been bulk-printed for emergency sale on the day if the system goes down (which is routine). If I'm right I would say home sales are under 1,000 with 48 hours to go. It's not as calamitous as might be projected from that, because people habitually buy very late for these games, but it's very low.
  • edited November 2016
    DA9 said:

Was going to make a late decision on Saturday morning, then saw that it's engineering works and bus from dartford to plumstead..............nah

Late decision presumably means Katrien tax on top of the ticket price?

So £12.50 or £13 rather than £10?
  • Sponsored links:

• So this game might be the first time we will get an accurate attendance figure due to the FA rules?
  • LenGlover said:

DA9 said:

Was going to make a late decision on Saturday morning, then saw that it's engineering works and bus from dartford to plumstead..............nah

Late decision presumably means Katrien tax on top of the ticket price?

So £12.50 or £13 rather than £10?
    I doubt it.

Currently looking like we may struggle to get to 4,000 home fans, looking at the seats available. I am guessing that the large blocks of seats in use together are tickets that have been bulk-printed for emergency sale on the day if the system goes down (which is routine). If I'm right I would say home sales are under 1,000 with 48 hours to go. It's not as calamitous as might be projected from that, because people habitually buy very late for these games, but it's very low.
    would they have to pre print the tickets available for sale from the shop?
  • edited November 2016

Sold just over 500 so far. Looking forward to it, although reading your messages I'm sure it will be a much different atmosphere to the one last time I came to the valley. 1-1 on the Championship opening day!

They might, given the IT systems are presumably now separate, but that could be overcome. It wouldn't be a sustainable way of selling tickets from the shop over the medium term, however, unless they are going to use online ticketing for home sales.

There's a need to have tickets preprinted for cup games, in particular, in case either the system falls over or there are queues that can't be managed at the windows.

They might, given the IT systems are presumably now separate, but that could be overcome. It wouldn't be a sustainable way of selling tickets from the shop over the medium term, however, unless they are going to use online ticketing for home sales.

There's a need to have tickets preprinted for cup games, in particular, in case either the system falls over or there are queues that can't be managed at the windows.
    Really doubt there will be queues on Saturday.

Depends how many windows they staff.

• Got my ticket. I said that 3 o'clock wasn't very convenient, so we're kicking off at 3.15. Oh, and I'm on the bench and doing the Valley Gold draw.

Who is selling the beer then? Come on, sort it out! ;)

• Sponsored links:

• 3k attendance. Well done katrien.
  • Just bought mine - 5 mins online & currently printing them off,

£12 for an adult & 2 kids, sitting in the West Stand !!!! Bargain.

Depends how many windows they staff.
    As part of network savings the will be one window open...

... at the Stayen Stadium.
  • kafka said:

A fkn hate what they've done to our club. Amusing ourselves by laughing at how low the attendance will be.

Gallows humour.
  • edited November 2016
    Saturday's attendance will show just what a MASSIVE FAIL LIAR AND ROLAND ARE. Think I'll say it again another way - ROLAND & MEIR are 2 MASSIVE FAILURES. Hope the Lying Bitch reads this.That feels better now.
  • edited November 2016

Just bought mine - 5 mins online & currently printing them off,

£12 for an adult & 2 kids, sitting in the West Stand !!!! Bargain.

That's £12 more quid towards Liar's Christmas Bonus. Sad but true. I wouldn't want my kids anywhere near The Valley with these cnts in charge. Sorry each to their own.
  • http://www.skysports.com/football/charlton-vs-barnet/229177

To put things in perspective, back in 2010 (our second season in L1 and around the time the Spivs took over) we played Barnet in the FA Cup. After drawing 0-0 at Underhill, we won the replay 1-0

Yes it was a Tuesday night, but the attendance was still only 4803, and that for a relatively attractive match for the visiting fans.
  • Instead of charging £10 for adults why don't they charge £5 for adults? Surely it makes sense that if you can't get fans in the door you lower the price?