Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post Match View: Charlton v Chesterfield

Comments

• Fantastic glorious win.

5-0 down at half time, but our glorious leader stepped in with an inspirational talk and then 32 goals to win 32-0.

So glad the ref disallowed the oppositions goals.
  • masicat said:

My day was made worse by the sight of my son doing the crossbar challenge and his effort bouncing along the floor.

He needs to be grounded for a week for that effort!
  • Rung my son as final whistle went and he said Holmes and Lookman were shit.By all accounts the boys at the bottom of the F Block gave Holmes the kick up the arse he needed, maybe our Manager should be doing that, and before all the retorts, stop being precious, look where we are with this squad, they all need a fuckin good rocket up their arses.

Holmes had a couple of bad passes as you would expect from a League 1 player but other than that he was the main reason we got 3 points today.

Holmes shit ! look at the scores on the players mark.
    It will inform you that you have been given duff information.
    Absolutely
  • edited October 2016
    The players marks ? Isn't that something people done 30 years ago in scoop
  • Nice to see @Arsenetatters today.

First half was, as many have said, very turgid. They were playing very defensive and we couldn't get the ball through the gaps quick enough except for a couple of times.

Their back 4 were very very tall and with Ajose playing with Magennis with two short wingers crosses air bound were easily shut off.

• A win is a win. Not convincing... Felt a bit sorry for ajose tried to make sure iit was on target for his first effort but terrible miss for his header. He will get goals.
  • At least a win before we get a royal pasting next week against Scunny
  • Nice to see @Arsenetatters today.

First half was, as many have said, very turgid. They were playing very defensive and we couldn't get the ball through the gaps quick enough except for a couple of times.

Their back 4 were very very tall and with Ajose playing with Magennis with two short wingers crosses air bound were easily shut off.

Likewise @Alwaysneil, and nice to meet Roo - seems a good lad.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2016
    Awful game, boring as hell. Novak cupping his ear to the covered end when he scored, what a dick then completely fluffs an easy chance 2 mins later. Obviously the poison is spilling onto the pitch as well. RIP CAFC
  • Let's hope the late goal gives us a bit of confidence. As has been said many times the problem is in midfield and can't see it changing until Kashi comes back.
  • No real indication from what I have seen and read that Russell Slade has suddenly found his ABC of Football Tactics and turned the corner.
  • We were a bit the same...

'Come on Novak move your arse.' I shouted.
    'Dad stop shouting it's hurting my ears' says the lad.

Oh Novak gets on the end of one and guides a header in and he's scored. Good work Novak.
  • Am I alone in thinking we played quite well? Dominated possession and generally avoided pointless long balls towards Magennis. Were patient and eventually some magic from Holmes created the goal.

The move which played in Ajose in the first half was outstanding....

Evening Russel!!
  • Didnt go today as spent the day in the loft!
    But what i did find was my big flag with the picture of the valley and the words 'this is where we call home' great memories from when we moved back because of our hard work and the togetherness was unbelievable
    How have we sunk to this low
    I dont care if we lose just want some pride and passion back
    I dont want to choose a day in the loft over charlton
  • Thanks Dear Leader for the win and the outstanding match day experience.

I don't know what the plan is or if there is actually a plan for our club but if this is it in action 6000 will be a bumper crowd pretty soon.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2016

BFG and Tex out for dinner to celebrate BFG turning 24. I always forget just how young he is. Also really gutted that these two, two of our better signings under the regime, can't be played together but that the likes of Roger Johnson and Jason Pearce who we paid 1.5m for allegedly (no offense to Pearce, but I think Tex is a class above) can be.
  • Tutt-Tutt said:

It was boring unwatchable dross.
    Then some fat bloke scored for us and started cupping his ear at the covered end.

3 points is 3 points I suppose.

A packed Valley next Saturday no doubt.

Agree about Novak's goal celebration. Him cupping his ear to us pissed me off and reminded me of when Makienok played one good game all season at Rotherham last year and did the same.

Do the players really think we should be happy with watching the most dull football imaginable & being 4 points above relegation to league 2 without even having played the majority of better sides in this league yet (Millwall, Bradford, Sheff Utd, MK Dons etc).
    That did make me laugh with Novak. Having given it the cupped ear, two minutes later he missed an absolute sitter. For those not there, he ran onto a low cross from Botaka, and from the penalty spot position, with no defender near him, completely scuffed it. He tried to sweep it in with the inside of his foot, instead of hitting it. No technique whatsoever.
    Thats because you need to understand that football crowds are arseholes and are totally unreasonable in their expectations
  • SDAddick said:

BFG and Tex out for dinner to celebrate BFG turning 24. I always forget just how young he is. Also really gutted that these two, two of our better signings under the regime, can't be played together but that the likes of Roger Johnson and Jason Pearce who we paid 1.5m for allegedly (no offense to Pearce, but I think Tex is a class above) can be.
    I didnt know Berni Inns still existed?
  • edited October 2016
    uie2 said:

4 points off the play off places!

And 4 points off relegation!.