Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match View: Charlton v Chesterfield

Comments

• Options

Time to get drunk.

...is the right answer.
  • Options
    Thought we played well. Best I've seen this season.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Time to get drunk.

...is the right answer.
    stonemuse said:

Time to get drunk.

...is the right answer.

Drunk tonight.

Refreshed and raring to go to continue the fight tomorrow.

#thewrongclub

• Options
    jdmotion said:

Big improvement on some of the previous matches (Rochdale, Oldham & Gillingham spring to mind ), especially in the second half.
    Most of the players were decent today, homes as usual was the best player, Botaka was very lively for the 20 minutes he was given, and there was a lot of hard work going on up front.
    Ajose demonstrated how he scored 21 goals last season, by popping up in the right places. Problem was today he couldn't finish.
    Great cross by Botaka for Ajose who missed, excellent cross by Holmes for Novak who didn't.
    Definite progress today, but from a low base.
    Good to see the players' reactions to the three points after the final whistle.
    Still need five new players if we want to progress though.

Be careful, positive , thoughtful and constructive opinions like this will be frowned upon. We are depressed and we like it that way.
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

Make no bones about it we were total rubbish again. Dominated the game but created fuck all . Slades style of football is absolutely shocking.

The club is being burnt into the ground both on and off the pitch. Sad day to be a Charlton Fan when we win and no one really cares. What have these arseholes done to us seriously .

This.
  • Options
    Nug said:

Don't care what anyone says club is being slowly killed, although not that slowly to be honest. No fans, no atmosphere, no chance of a successful season. It really is grim. Highlight of the day seeing Ricky Holmes mug off a so called fan in front of me who gave him ridiculous abuse.

We will not survive these owners if they are here next season, whether they are doing it on purpose or are just grossly incompetent the result will be the same. If you can't see it you're on another planet.

If we have to suffer 18 more months, we may hit a downward spiral from which the club will never recover.

I am naturally an optimist but not tonight after a crap game and then learning about the shit that's been happening here today.

The club is following the Oyston role model.
  • Options
    It was boring unwatchable dross.
    Then some fat bloke scored for us and started cupping his ear at the covered end.

3 points is 3 points I suppose.

A packed Valley next Saturday no doubt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well THAT was uninspiring to say the least !! Boring, boring boring until the 86th minute. Never felt so disheartened after a win. We were sluggish, didn't have a game plan, lacked inspiration, no atmosphere in a quarter-filled stadium, all in all a thoroughly depressing afternoon :-(
  • Options
    Fans moaning about lack of central midfield creativity need to recognise we can't have a midfield of Lookman, Holmes and two playmakers - we'd be run ragged through the centre.
  • Options

How could any fan seriously give Holmes any grief? He glides past players effortlessly and his workrate puts Lookman to shame

I honestly thought he was the best player on the pitch! It wasn't his fault that his crosses into the box weren't going in, yet a small handful just slagged him off the whole of the second half. Hence why he celebrated right in front of the F block and went up to the guys who were slagging him off, thankfully it didn't kick off but it almost did!
  • Options
    Went to a good game of football today by two committed teams, with the excitement of a late winner for the home team and a friendly welcoming atmosphere. Yes I wasn't at The Valley I opted to watch Maidstone my local non league side instead.
  • Options
    Holmes was superb. Clear MOTM
  • Options
    First home game this season. We weren't great. We weren't particularly bad. On balance, we probably just about deserved three points and it was more a sense of relief when we did score. Everything is flat and mediocre, the atmosphere, the opposition and the league; unfortunately, the team is only contributing to that mediocrity. We have no chance of automatics and a slim chance of scraping the play offs should we recruit well in January (ha!). But in all honesty, it looks like it's gonna be a season of boring football and mid table 'stability'. Cheers, Roland.
  • Options

Been looking at a uni at Bath Spa, sounds I picked a good one to miss, but we won, and as mad as it seems are 4 points of bottom 3 and 4 points off of play offs, crazy league

Bath Uni .. the aircraft carrier stuck on top of a hill ((:>)
    We went to Bath Spa as opposed to Bath, in grounds owned by Duchy of Cornwall, simply stunning views
    Bath is a lovely city .. try Harrogate sometime .. long way from London but well worth a visit even though it gets packed in the summer and parking is a nightmare .. errrr on second thoughts, stick to Bath ((:>)
    Yeah, especially because there isn't a uni in Harrogate the last time I looked ...
  • Options
    A poor side beat a very poor side today. I can't believe those Muppets having a go at Holmes who is our only creative player. The atmosphere in the ground was dreadful, not toxic just disbelieving silence.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was in a pub in Spain today watching the 2 match threads and the Man U game. The landlord is a gooner.

He asked if everyone was on board with the protests or is it split like the Wenger Out scenario, I said the majority. He then asked why the negativity about a win and us Charlton fans are never happy now. I then said it is about the owner and SMT not the footie at the moment.

But the football is turgid and we just beat a team bottom of the 3rd Division with a goal in the last 5 minutes.

Bottom line if were romping league 1 with attractive attacking football on a Saturday then there would be alot fewer dissenters.

Because we now have double agony of incompetent Management and poor football, he is right we will never be happy with this Status Quo.

This cannot go on forever, it just seems to be getting worse.

Depressing day... How the hell can that happen when we have just bagged 3 points and are on our best unbeaten run for God knows how long??

Aaaargh
  • Options

How could any fan seriously give Holmes any grief? He glides past players effortlessly and his workrate puts Lookman to shame

I honestly thought he was the best player on the pitch! It wasn't his fault that his crosses into the box weren't going in, yet a small handful just slagged him off the whole of the second half. Hence why he celebrated right in front of the F block and went up to the guys who were slagging him off, thankfully it didn't kick off but it almost did!
    Holmes did ok but Josh would be my motm
  • Options
    What ought to worry us all is that in 18 months we might be looking back on now as something of a high, and this side as a decent one, and longing for League 1 football again as we go down 1-0 at home to Hartlepool in front of a crowd of 4000 to go into the bottom two of League 2
  • Options
    3 points in our self-inflicted relegation struggle. The football is pedestrian and passionless. The atmosphere is non existent. The owner is a weirdo, the CEO is a rank amateur. I'm losing the will.......
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

I'm disappointed, seriously disappointed. I'm sure I've missed out on a tonne of lols today after my Harry Potter quip at @Leuths expense on the match thread. Tsk

Too true mate. If we were Scousers there would be a "Free our LOL's" campaign up and running by now...
  • Options
    Wins a win but for long periods I found it poor, praise be for a late winner.
  • Options
    Sorry, what's the SMT I've seen references to?
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    At least today proved we quite likely won't go down again, there are (fortunately) worse teams than us.
  • Options
    At least he keep the 4-4-2 and didn't tinker about.
    Bataka for Lookman and Novak for Ajosie were the right subs.
    That's maybe the first time this season that Slade has got the subs right.
    We are a bang average side in a bang average League 1.

Ajosie can't buy a goal from open play. if that one had hit the post and gone in he would have found some confidence.
    It's turgid stuff but even Russel Slade must see you have to play 4-4-2
    in this League for 90 + minutes.

Ricky Holmes is wasteful at times but the lad gives 100% every game and appears to be getting fitter as his runs in the last 15 minutes were vital for our victory.
    Baiting players at CAFC is becoming a sport in itself and just shows how far as a club we have fallen on and off the pitch.