Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match View: Charlton v Chesterfield

Comments

• Options
    What is this police action being mentioned?

Oh, we won, meh.
  • Options

Been looking at a uni at Bath Spa, sounds I picked a good one to miss, but we won, and as mad as it seems are 4 points of bottom 3 and 4 points off of play offs, crazy league

Bath Uni .. the aircraft carrier stuck on top of a hill ((:>)
  • Options
    Didn't think we would score tbh. Lookman played awful and should be replaced by botaka next game. We need to get more width we seem to try to spread it wide but then cut back inside everytime. Holmes played better than the rest but that's not saying much. How Ajose scored 25 last year I don't know. We went be anywhere near top 6 this season and probably will finish bottom 3rd. Slade is a footballing dinosaur.
  • Options
    Awful game, we held a lot of possession in the first half but weren't creating the chances from it. Second half was an improvement, Holmes was getting a lot of undeserved slack though...and rightly made a point of celebrating in front of the few fans that had been slagging him off when we scored!
  • Options

Bath uni is the mutts mate we do loads of work there

Lovely mate, she loved it wants to go there. Beautiful setting
  • Options
    Too many of our team were flat footed, movement was poor, we were not making any space, too many passes were lacksidaisical, Lookman was a spectator and out of the game for much of it and shouldnt be let anywhere near a corner. We are never going to be able to sell him even if we wanted to if he keeps playing like that. The substitutions were the difference though it's amazing we won. Crossing was ineffectual for much of the game and they should just practice driving the ball in low and hard. Other than that 3 points and the unbeaten run continues.
  • Options
    Thank Darwin I got a freebie as that was dull on and off the pitch.

But a deserved win and neat goal for the 6,250 in the ground.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Is 6,250 the given attendance or a guess at the actual crowd Henry?

Dwindling crowds reflected on Valley Express. Only 23 on the coach up from Hastings I'm reliably informed. How long will KM continue to subsidise the service?
  • Options
    Awful afternoon. I give up. Sorry.
  • Options

Been looking at a uni at Bath Spa, sounds I picked a good one to miss, but we won, and as mad as it seems are 4 points of bottom 3 and 4 points off of play offs, crazy league

We went to Bath Spa as opposed to Bath, in grounds owned by Duchy of Cornwall, simply stunning views
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    relief was what i felt at full time, ajose was anonymous and then missed 2 easy chances so botaka should start next game, holmes magennis solly freddy all played well esp holmes and botaka made an impact. lookman is being told to do a job which he is not cut out for and slade should look into where lookman should be playing and what he should be doing because he did not seem to have a clue. i am thankful that novak put one in but our ability in front of goal is still lacking. slade sometimes would do well to not be too defensive about his tactics and admit that he can get things wrong. relief is all i feel
  • Options

Dwindling crowds reflected on Valley Express. Only 23 on the coach up from Hastings I'm reliably informed. How long will KM continue to subsidise the service?

Id say that was spot on, Charlton's Twitter saying it was 10k was the biggest joke of the match
  • Options
    God it's dross only positive 3 points against a team that looks certain to be our rivals for relegation.
  • Options

I'd say that was probably about right in terms of attendance.
  • Options
    That black guy on the wing for Chesterfield looked a player.
  • Options
    We always win when I don't go

Suits me
  • Options
    First half dreadful - a lot more positive in the second half but we didn't look like scoring. Missed too many chances and Ajose looks fully Charltonised.
    Solly and Holmes were okay and Botaka was excellent when he came on - knows how to pass and cross.
    Lookman keeps making poor decisions when in possession.
  • Options

We went to Bath Spa as opposed to Bath, in grounds owned by Duchy of Cornwall, simply stunning views
    Bath is a lovely city .. try Harrogate sometime .. long way from London but well worth a visit even though it gets packed in the summer and parking is a nightmare .. errrr on second thoughts, stick to Bath ((:>)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

That black guy on the wing for Chesterfield looked a player.

Was a diving little prick!!... Went down clutching his ankle after getting tapped and rolled around for a few minutes before deciding to get up

He then went down twice more in the First Half (Rather theatrically looking at the ref each time!!)
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    They hit the post. we hit the post.

We were pretty much equally shit.

Ajose very nearly got that open play goal he needs.

Novak showed how to head the ball.

• Options
    Not the best game of football ever.

Very flat atmosphere.

Ajose really should have scored at least one of his two chances and can't complain too much about being subbed off.

Was surprised to see Holmes playing in front of fox on the left with lookman on the right as I have seen them play on opposite sides before. Didn't work out for Lookman but good experience for him.

I'm sorry the match thread had to be pulled as I like reading the comments back after having been to a game.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    We won...again. Grinding out boring results. All those slagging Slade for keeping Lookman and Ajose on the bench now realise why. Lookman has no idea where to run when he hasn't got the ball. Lazy and sulked when told off. He will be good, but he isn't yet.
  • Options
    Dire, boring and uninspiring, barely deserved victory over a poor side, I cant see any way that this mediocre team will progress. Really struggling to be bothered.