Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

25 years Back at The Valley

edited October 2016 in General Charlton
So KM says that she is interested in our history and to prove it she plans to hold commemorations next year.

I wonder what form they might take and if she knows who the main players were?

Furthermore I wonder if she knows what they are doing now and how they might help next year?

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2016

cafc999 said:

She doesn't.

Told Bromley Addicks it was 25 years since the Valley Party (it's 26)

And at the POTY last year tried to stop Airman Brown speaking about the 25 year anniversary.

Window dressing is all it is, she has no idea of what happened and even less of its significance.

But it's her life.......
    I think you mean it's her career cos she ain't got anything else to look forward to after she leaves.

What's the Flemish for "do you want fries with that?"</</b>blockquote>

I think it's "De Cloob" followed by a lot of giggles
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

I dread to think what kind of pig's ear she will make of what should be a very special day in our club's history.

Roland bursting his way out of a giant cake shouting " Surprise !" ?

This is an anniversary for which we must take responsibility ...do not let the SMT anywhere near it.

And I am more than happy to be involved.
    Definitely this-if they are still here next year any celebrations need to be organised away from the club and without their interference.
  • Options
    Is it something the trust can get involved with and getting the players to attend before they think of it?
  • Options

I dread to think what kind of pig's ear she will make of what should be a very special day in our club's history.

I'm ashamed to admit my first thought on reading that was 'Will he be naked?'.
    And now I feel sick.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

cafc999 said:

She doesn't.

And at the POTY last year tried to stop Airman Brown speaking about the 25 year anniversary.

Window dressing is all it is, she has no idea of what happened and even less of its significance.

But it's her life.......
    I think you mean it's her career cos she ain't got anything else to look forward to after she leaves.

What's the Flemish for "do you want fries with that?"
    Ok.

That's my line.

• Options

I concur. This has been in my thoughts for a while. I have put the idea to the Trust Board for its consideration. I'll update, on here, in due course.

Good man, But I fear there will be a lot of practical issues to resolve, one of the major one's is that Bernard Wickham was a tremendous help in getting the former players to the event of the 20th year. John Rooke may be able to help with that issue, but there is also the issue of the financial charges for such events at the valley. Perhaps, the only exception to this might be to host this event at the museum which is 'independent of the club'.?
    Ben and 'Bromley addicks', were very constructive in that they changed there own event last time, along with other and despite the fact that Steve Bradshaw at the time promised to work with the trust, and other groups, the 'current regime' has hardly worked in partnership with it's 'supporter's' and I for one would have immense reservations about the control of this event. Especially after the claim by KM that she was behind the museum having the facility. Something as a former trustee of the museum I do not recollect. ?. But then again I am obviously a 'bitter trustee' with my own agenda, like so many other people.

My sincere hope is that a way can be found to celebrate this event, and perhaps the fans can take ownership and management of this event.

• Options
    I'd rather party at shithurst than with these cnuts
  • Options

I'd rather party at shithurst than with these cnuts

With Pardew as guest of honour
  • Options
    I wonder how many of those that were there are still alive. I was there and so was my late father. I also heard about ten years ago that an old mate that I had bumped into at the first game back for the first time in years had died. 25 years on and we've probably lost quite a few of those that were at the valley for the game with Pompey.
  • Options
    let's hire the Trafalgar and have our own do.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

let's hire Trafalgar Square and have our own do.

Reckon we could fill it?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Curb_It said:

let's hire Trafalgar Square and have our own do.

Reckon we could fill it?
    See how much interest we get here to guage support. I'd go, at least 4 tickets.
  • Options

cafc999 said:

She doesn't.

But it's her life.......

What's the Flemish for "do you want LIES with that?"
  • Options
    edited October 2016

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd possibly wait if we can. I'm hoping Douchebag will be in the process of selling after xmas.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

I think so with a bit of forward planning. Bit sad tho...Back to the Valley do at another venue.

Quite ironic.