Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New 5 Year Kit Deal With Hummel (Away Kit Revealed, pg.19)

Comments

• Options
    This is a sham - meetings arranged in a hurry so that she can announce to anyone daft enough to listen to her that consultation with fans over the design of the kit has already begun. Has anyone at the Club any previous experience of new kit deals, and the process necessary to take it from drawing board to front of house (players and retail)? Have hummel submitted any designs as a basis to start discussions?
    My own experience of putting in place kit deals with suppliers to UK and International sports teams suggests to me that this is no more than a PR exercise.
  • Options

rikofold said:

"hummel will work with supporters to design a special, bespoke kit for next season to mark 25 years back at The Valley" #cafc

Does anybody else find this quotes sticks in the craw, given Meire's stated disdain for the club's history and her contempt for the current age demographic of those that would have been most active in making that return to the Valley a reality at the time.
    It was our achievement not yours, piss off.
    Maybe there will be a bespoke CARD anniversary shirt?

This , this and thrice this. Nothing to do with you whatsoever. I will be buying the next covered end choir shirt, which will be the fans' celebration of what the fans achieved for the fans' club.

"I shouldn't say this but I don't care about the club's history." All the PR in the world won't cover up that moment of candour. Get out of our club you pretender.
    She never ever apologised for that infamous quote although she was pressed to do so.
    So, if it ever comes up in public she can now point to this initiative to deflect away the critics.
    Looks for all the world like a double whammy 'how can they say we don't care about the history of the club and we are also celebrating the involvement of the club's fans in getting back to The Valley'.

We listen and have learnt lessons? Or a well thought out PR initiative?

For me, sorry but will never forgive Meire for that history comment nor her contempt for fans which she is now forced to keep hidden just like the history comment itself.... "I know I shouldn't say this but......................."
    I know I shouldn't say this but fuck off meire & take your pr co. & security thugs with you (Sorry slightly off topic but crap like this makes my blood boil even more than our so called smt usually do!)
  • Options
    The best football boots I ever owned were Hummel.

I would vote for a black kit in mourning for our club with Roland's scrawny arse printed on the back.

If you are bought by this wafer thin veneer of bullshit God help you.
  • Options

I would vote for a black kit in mourning for our club with Roland's scrawny arse printed on the back.

Was just about to say the same thing about their boots.

Owned a great pair in the late 80s, as said, most comfortable boots I've owned and yes I've had, copas, and any other comfortable boots you care to mention.
    Loved all their kits from Mexico 86 and still like the brand today.

Done right their kits and logo look quality.

Better than the Nike Shit we have now.
  • Options

I had a pair of Hummels as well, and a yellow tottenham Hummel shirt. Thought I was Paul Gascoinge - but played more like Bamber Gascoinge.
    ...or , as he's known to football supporters everywhere, Bamber Grassgroin.

• Options
    See him play, got a great low diving header.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hummel had some very nice shirts for us to look at yesterday including that mighty footballing super power Afghanistan (Very nice shirt by the way)

I think Hummel will do us proud, but at the end of the day its only a kit and there are many bigger issues for the regime to fix other than this

• Options
    I always find these long threads about a new kit ridiculous, but each to their own.

However, why anyone cares what bloody kit we wear now is beyond me. It's not as if there are many people left to see us play in it. And anyone who is even remotely thinking of handing over cash for one needs their head testing. Just my opinion, of course.
  • Options
    Henry, is this Tom fella aware that as things stand they might not actually be selling too many kits off the back of this tie up?
  • Options
    I wanted that Afghanistan away kit. Won't see many of them around.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Henry, is this Tom fella aware that as things stand they might not actually be selling too many kits off the back of this tie up?

Or that, if the regime continues, he could be designing the last Charlton kits...

I have this terrible image of a five year "plan" sucking the life out of the club I love.

Sorry, just depressed with the way things are going this morning.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

I wanted that Afghanistan away kit. Won't see many of them around.

Unless you use mini cabs. I've met loads of Afghani cab drivers over the years.
  • Options
    I wonder if Charlton receive more or less depending on which division we're in, I would like to think some ambition is being shown.
  • Options

I wonder if Charlton receive more or less depending on which division we're in, I would like to think some ambition is being shown.

I would guess not league 1 or Champ but there might be something based on TV games.

If we got to the prem then it might be different.

Assuming Elite/Hummel deal is same or similar to current Just Sport/Nike deal cafc get a lump sum up front and a small percentage of sales.

Advantage for cafc is don't have to manage the shop and they have a guaranteed income.

Hummel can make money if they sell a lot of kit and other stuff.
  • Options
    Did anyone ask if there would be a new shirt every season like Nike? I'm not sure how much it matters but I think every season is a bit off putting. If it isn't amazing then waiting for a year for a new one doesn't seem such a drama - especially when they don't have any until September.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Did anyone ask if there would be a new shirt every season like Nike? I'm not sure how much it matters but I think every season is a bit off putting. If it isn't amazing then waiting for a year for a new one doesn't seem such a drama - especially when they don't have any until September.

New shirts every year and training wear with a shelf life of 2 years

In line with every other club to be fair
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Will be hard not buying a shirt next season if they're still in charge. Love Hummel shirts.

Buy the North Korea one instead.
  • Options
    I arrived back from holiday in Tenerife yesterday. Whilst I was out there I saw CD Tenerife replica kits for sale which are made by Hummel. I thought they were quite nice.
  • Options

Don't disagree @NornIrishAddick but he's the designer, he'd done his research, knows there are issues but his role is the design not the contract or potential sales.

He's got five years worth to think about but that did mean we could throw a lot of other ideas for away and retro kits at him.

On Hummel if they haven't done their research, looked at sales figures or believed KMs lies then more fool them.

But they could be the kit supplier when we get new owners and see a massive spike in sales.

They have been out of the English game for a while and this deal also gets them back in the UK limelight.

Don't know the money numbers but they are supplying a lot of kits for the women and Community Trust so good deal for those people.

Suspect Hummel might be thinking a lot more long term than KM or RD.

5 years starting next season, so that's a long time for things to change, depending on ownership we could be L2 or even PL by then. Indeed, have we ever had such a long kit deal?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

NEWS | Charlton agree five-year partnership with Danish sports brand hummel https://t.co/ivvjizz31A #cafc https://t.co/xJBHAi0MMA

NEWS | hummel will work with supporters to design a special, bespoke kit for next season to mark 25 years back at The Valley #cafc

NEWS | As well as kitting out our first team and academy sides, hummel will produce kits for @CAFCTrust and @CAFCWomen #cafc

NEWS | Charlton Athletic and hummel agree five-year partnership
    Wed 26 Oct 2016 10:45

Hummel to work with Charlton fans to create bespoke kit to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the club’s return to The Valley

Charlton Athletic and hummel have agreed a five-year partnership which will see hummel supply bespoke kits for our first team and academy teams, the award-winning Charlton Athletic Community Trust (CACT) and Charlton women’s team, as well as a range of leisurewear.

As part of the deal, which begins at the start of the 2017/18 season, hummel will work with Charlton fans on a special home kit to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the club’s return to The Valley. Charlton and hummel will ask each of the club’s official fan groups to nominate one member to join them at The Valley for workshops on the kit’s design.

As well as meeting with the fans, hummel met today with Manager Russell Slade, Assistant Kit Manager Ben Kirk, women’s team captain Kim Dixson and CACT’s Safeguarding Officer Barry Simmons to get their input on performance and style.

Tom Sinclair, Sport Market Manager for hummel UK and Ireland, is looking forward to the collaboration: “Through this exciting new partnership we hope to expand further our presence in the UK football market. It would be hard to find a better suited partnership than Charlton Athletic and hummel. Both brands have wonderful histories, place great value in tradition, character and local ties, and we are extremely proud to be working with Charlton over the next five years.

“I was especially pleased to see the club’s desire to get the fans involved as early as possible in the consultation process regarding kit designs for next season, hence the announcement of this deal somewhat earlier than would normally be expected.”

Charlton CEO Katrien Meire said: “We are excited by our new partnership with hummel who have a great pedigree in football and share the club’s objectives of supporting football at all levels. We’re also very pleased that the deal brings together Charlton Athletic, Charlton Athletic Community Trust and the Charlton Athletic Women’s team with one kit for the club.

“Having a bespoke kit is something our fans have been asking for and we’re delighted that the club’s fans will be involved in the kit design process.”

Next year also celebrates 25 years of the Charlton Athletic Community Trust and the Trust will also get the opportunity to factor in to the design. Jason Morgan MBE, Charlton Athletic Community Trust CEO, said: "2017 is a big year for CACT as we celebrate our 25th anniversary and this is one of the new initiatives we are very excited about. From our full-time staff and coaches delivering sessions in the community, to the range of young people taking part in our football programmes, it's great to have a new kit and supplier of hummel's pedigree on board."

Charlton Athletic Women’s Team will receive a fitted kit as part of the deal and Chairman Stephen King said: "This is great news for the women's team and for all the juniors in our Regional Talent Club. Being able to wear the same kit as the men's team further demonstrates that we are an integral part of the club. We are very grateful for the support of hummel, and for the opportunity to be involved in this long-term partnership."

hummel was founded in 1923 and is a privately owned Danish sports brand. hummel begins and ends with sport. From concept development and product design to company culture, sport is the most essential part of hummel’s DNA. The energy, dedication and team spirit that define sport is the strong foundation on which hummel base their history and growth. hummel has a strong legacy in football, and proudly support teams such as The Danish National Team, Deportivo Alaves (La Liga, Spain), SC Freiburg (Bundesliga, Germany), Brondby IF (Super Liga, Denmark) and FC Utrecht (Eredivisie, Netherlands). Through their Karma projects and their Change the World through sport mission, hummel support grassroots football in the UK and around the world.

So who got to go to the workshop then to assist with kit design?
  • Options
    More customer liasing bullshit , one suspects.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

• Options
    It'll be nice to get something a bit more bespoke, it gets quite boring when several other teams are wearing identical shirts to your own, but in different colours!