Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New 5 Year Kit Deal With Hummel (Away Kit Revealed, pg.19)

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Addickted said:

Assume her ladyship has already decided on the new home kit and the focus group is just lip service.

Well, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt on this one

The cynic in me sees it as an opportunity for the new PR firm to make a meal of this "owner involvement" and whether we take them up on this or ignore it, the new shirt would be sold as being heavily influenced by the fans.

Without doubt, they picked up on a, shall we say, strong negative vibes from the branches meetings, yet they are still approaching them for input into the new shirt design. These are now the only forums they have directly with the fans - outside of CARD. They are also well aware that every branch has a few CARD sympathisers -as well as 'activists'.

However, I can never remember being asked to get this much involved in the choosing of our kit before.

So this is a good move?

Isn't it?

I suppose the only way to see if it was meaningful is to have an input.

Now I wonder if Hummell do a vertically halved Back and White kit?

Something like this..........

I don't know if they would have done that many
  • Options
    Don't know what you're talking about 999 :wink:
  • Options
    I feel giddy
  • Options
    Quite like Hummel and this sounds a good move however the Hummel quote is clearly written by Pitch PR for the benefit of the club and I just find that kind of behaviour somewhat underhand.
  • Options

Quite like Hummel and this sounds a good move however the Hummel quote is clearly written by Pitch PR for the benefit of the club and I just find that kind of behaviour somewhat underhand.

What do you find underhand - a PR company writing a PR quote is I think pretty standard
  • Options

I can dread to think about the focus group if Sue Perks is on it. We'll end up with shorts with big enough pockets to fit in four vol-au-vents and two prawn sandwiches

To be fair, I sit right by the directors' seating. She wears lovely summer dresses. She also had a face like she'd just chewed a wasp against Coventry when some of the protests were going on
  • Options
    Too much bacon can cause indigestion I've heard.
  • Options
    The Denmark kit would work. Will definitely look great in League 2.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How much is the deal worth???
    Has our chief negotiator scored a hat trick this time or another own goal?
    Would be interesting to know.
  • Options
    Could they be well supported over the weekend?
  • Options
    bbob said:

What do you find underhand - a PR company writing a PR quote is I think pretty standard
    Agreed. There's a lot of PR speak in it but it's a PR release, not Ulysses.
  • Options
    Will be hard not buying a shirt next season if they're still in charge. Love Hummel shirts.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Are the Museum Trustees aware of this?

"As you may have read earlier today, the club have entered into an exciting partnership with hummel, who have been announced as our kit manufacturer commencing with the 2017/18 season.

As part of our ongoing commitment to fan engagement, we are keen to harness the passion and history that our fanbase have. As such, we are keen to receive input from supporters with regards to the design of our kit and would like to invite a representative from each supporters’ group along to The Valley this Saturday to meet a hummel designer and discuss ideas.

Please could you let me know if you would like your supporters’ group to be involved in this – whilst this e-mail has gone to you as our point of contact for your group, you are free to nominate another member if you are unable to attend.

The kit event will take place this Saturday (October 29th) in the Charlton Athletic museum, which is located within the North Stand at The Valley, with each group allocated a 20-minute window between 11am-2pm. Please let me know via e-mail by 5pm on Thursday who you would like to represent your supporters’ group at this event.

Once we have our confirmed attendees, I will let you know your allocated time slots, but please do let me know if you have any preference for your meeting to be earlier or later and we will do our best to fit you in accordingly.

We look forward to seeing you on Saturday".

Rather short notice for SGs to organise themselves for this IMHO.

And E Kent Addicks will need to convene an EGM so that ALL their members can discuss /have input before Saturday's chosen few attend.....

And no invitation for NWKA ?

• Options
    bbob said:

Maybe underhand is the wrong word. I just think it is a sad reflection of the owners of our club that they have clearly instructed a commercial partner to write a statement that includes the part in bold below, so patently and obviously untrue:

It would be hard to find a better suited partnership than Charlton Athletic and hummel. Both brands have wonderful histories, place great value in tradition, character and local ties, and we are extremely proud to be working with Charlton over the next five years.

It has maybe gone on for years but I genuinely don't remember a time in our history where almost any press release connected to the club, shirt maker/manager etc is so deliberately written to heap praise onto the SMT. Rather than underhand, it is I guess just somewhat pathetic.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

"As you may have read earlier today, the club have entered into an exciting partnership with hummel, who have been announced as our kit manufacturer commencing with the 2017/18 season.

As part of our ongoing commitment to fan engagement, we are keen to harness the passion and history that our fanbase have. As such, we are keen to receive input from supporters with regards to the design of our kit and would like to invite a representative from each supporters’ group along to The Valley this Saturday to meet a hummel designer and discuss ideas.

Please could you let me know if you would like your supporters’ group to be involved in this – whilst this e-mail has gone to you as our point of contact for your group, you are free to nominate another member if you are unable to attend.

The kit event will take place this Saturday (October 29th) in the Charlton Athletic museum, which is located within the North Stand at The Valley, with each group allocated a 20-minute window between 11am-2pm. Please let me know via e-mail by 5pm on Thursday who you would like to represent your supporters’ group at this event.

Once we have our confirmed attendees, I will let you know your allocated time slots, but please do let me know if you have any preference for your meeting to be earlier or later and we will do our best to fit you in accordingly.

I am not aware Nick, but then again probably not welcome either.
  • Options
    Pleased about this actually. Hummel produce some quality kits.
  • Options

Addickted said:

And E Kent Addicks will need to convene an EGM so that ALL their members can discuss /have input before Saturday's chosen few attend.....

Email was sent to nwk-addicks@outlook.com so should hopefully be with you, if not hidden away in junk mail!
    Drop me an email or a message on here if it hasn't come through for whatever reason.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Addickted said:

Email was sent to nwk-addicks@outlook.com so should hopefully be with you, if not hidden away in junk mail!
    Drop me an email or a message on here if it hasn't come through for whatever reason.
    OK, thanks, Olly.

I didn't set up that email account & don't believe anyone monitors/uses it these days.

Sadly, my comment was slightly tongue in cheek as , NWKA is, like the Monty Python parrot " no more".

When our famous football club has risen once again from the ashes, maybe some energetic soul from that area might resurrect the group but I don't believe it will happen any time soon.

But thanks again for your prompt response, as always.

Jean

• Options
    Who will buy KittyMcKitface?
  • Options
    Well they certainly put a lot of thought into this.....nothing like just a couple of days notice to tune into what kind of design we fans would like to see......Lipservice general springs to mind...

Dear all,

As you may have read earlier today, the club have entered into an exciting partnership with hummel, who have been announced as our kit manufacturer commencing with the 2017/18 season.

We look forward to seeing you on Saturday.

Kind regards,

Incidentally they didnt contact me.
  • Options
    @SE7toSG3 check your emails.

Museum is open as usual on Saturday 11 to 1.00 if anyone wants to see our collection of shirts and the rest.
  • Options

"Charlton and hummel will ask each of the club’s official fan groups to nominate one member to join them at The Valley for workshops on the kit’s design."

Look forward to seeing who the nominees are.

Who are the official fan groups then? What does that even mean?
  • Options
    Just checked email and found it, cheers.

• Options
    Addickted said:

Assume her ladyship has already decided on the new home kit and the focus group is just lip service.

Well, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt on this one

The cynic in me sees it as an opportunity for the new PR firm to make a meal of this "owner involvement" and whether we take them up on this or ignore it, the new shirt would be sold as being heavily influenced by the fans.

Without doubt, they picked up on a, shall we say, strong negative vibes from the branches meetings, yet they are still approaching them for input into the new shirt design. These are now the only forums they have directly with the fans - outside of CARD. They are also well aware that every branch has a few CARD sympathisers -as well as 'activists'.

However, I can never remember being asked to get this much involved in the choosing of our kit before.

So this is a good move?

Isn't it?

I suppose the only way to see if it was meaningful is to have an input.

Now I wonder if Hummell do a vertically halved Back and White kit?

Something like this..........

They do bespoke so anything is possible.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

"hummel will work with supporters to design a special, bespoke kit for next season to mark 25 years back at The Valley" #cafc

Does anybody else find this quotes sticks in the craw, given Meire's stated disdain for the club's history and her contempt for the current age demographic of those that would have been most active in making that return to the Valley a reality at the time.
    It was our achievement not yours, piss off.
    Maybe there will be a bespoke CARD anniversary shirt?

This , this and thrice this. Nothing to do with you whatsoever. I will be buying the next covered end choir shirt, which will be the fans' celebration of what the fans achieved for the fans' club.

"I shouldn't say this but I don't care about the club's history." All the PR in the world won't cover up that moment of candour. Get out of our club you pretender.
    She never ever apologised for that infamous quote although she was pressed to do so.
    So, if it ever comes up in public she can now point to this initiative to deflect away the critics.
    Looks for all the world like a double whammy 'how can they say we don't care about the history of the club and we are also celebrating the involvement of the club's fans in getting back to The Valley'.

We listen and have learnt lessons? Or a well thought out PR initiative?

For me, sorry but will never forgive Meire for that history comment nor her contempt for fans which she is now forced to keep hidden just like the history comment itself.... "I know I shouldn't say this but......................."