Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New 5 Year Kit Deal With Hummel (Away Kit Revealed, pg.19)

Comments

• Options
    As long as Kat not involved the silly Meire wanted to have the white kit red slash Peru/Palace kit as our home kit a couple of seasons back ...... silly twunt
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

1. Any statement that says that Charlton "place great value in tradition" is clearly untrue under the current regime.

2. I very much hope that Duchatelet, Meire and Keohane will have buggered off before the deal becomes operative - in which case, fair play and buy as many as you want.

3. If they are still here next season, we have to have a new protest shirt that will outsell the official club kit - again.

On point 3 is it confirmed that the protest shirt outsold theirs? Or speculation.

I guess if you add in all the CARD hoodys and the rest last season and badges etc this season we have probably shown them how to do merchandise properly.

No we don't want a fecking Gnome.
  • Options
    To be fair, Cants, I don't know the official numbers but a look around the Valley tells you that the official shirts are thin on the ground. Maybe lots of people buy them just to wear at home.....?
  • Options

cafc4life said:

some big clubs in there, Boldklubben Frem & Cultural y Deportiva Leonesa are absolute footballing powerhouses.What a deal!!!

Not very interesting fact, but contrived connection to our club....... Cultural y Deportiva Leonesa were bought by Aspire Academy (Qatar) a couple of years ago, and is where Jose Riga worked as Head of Football before joining Charlton.

This was their 90th anniversary kit......

Great protest shirt that...
  • Options

just spoken to Tom and told him it isn't a good idea to be associated with us.

What was his response?
  • Options
    Are the Museum Trustees aware of this?

"As you may have read earlier today, the club have entered into an exciting partnership with hummel, who have been announced as our kit manufacturer commencing with the 2017/18 season.

As part of our ongoing commitment to fan engagement, we are keen to harness the passion and history that our fanbase have. As such, we are keen to receive input from supporters with regards to the design of our kit and would like to invite a representative from each supporters’ group along to The Valley this Saturday to meet a hummel designer and discuss ideas.

Please could you let me know if you would like your supporters’ group to be involved in this – whilst this e-mail has gone to you as our point of contact for your group, you are free to nominate another member if you are unable to attend.

The kit event will take place this Saturday (October 29th) in the Charlton Athletic museum, which is located within the North Stand at The Valley, with each group allocated a 20-minute window between 11am-2pm. Please let me know via e-mail by 5pm on Thursday who you would like to represent your supporters’ group at this event.

Once we have our confirmed attendees, I will let you know your allocated time slots, but please do let me know if you have any preference for your meeting to be earlier or later and we will do our best to fit you in accordingly.

We look forward to seeing you on Saturday".
  • Options

just spoken to Tom and told him it isn't a good idea to be associated with us.

What was his response?
    didn't realise things were that bad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didn't do much research then did he?!

You'd have to have been on Mars for the past year to not know what a shambles we are.
  • Options
    To be fair when clubs negotiate with manufacturers it is usually a couple of years before the present deal expires, I would imagine although announced now this was a done deal before CARD existed.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Are the Museum Trustees aware of this?

"As you may have read earlier today, the club have entered into an exciting partnership with hummel, who have been announced as our kit manufacturer commencing with the 2017/18 season.

As part of our ongoing commitment to fan engagement, we are keen to harness the passion and history that our fanbase have. As such, we are keen to receive input from supporters with regards to the design of our kit and would like to invite a representative from each supporters’ group along to The Valley this Saturday to meet a hummel designer and discuss ideas.

Please could you let me know if you would like your supporters’ group to be involved in this – whilst this e-mail has gone to you as our point of contact for your group, you are free to nominate another member if you are unable to attend.

The kit event will take place this Saturday (October 29th) in the Charlton Athletic museum, which is located within the North Stand at The Valley, with each group allocated a 20-minute window between 11am-2pm. Please let me know via e-mail by 5pm on Thursday who you would like to represent your supporters’ group at this event.

Once we have our confirmed attendees, I will let you know your allocated time slots, but please do let me know if you have any preference for your meeting to be earlier or later and we will do our best to fit you in accordingly.

We look forward to seeing you on Saturday".

Yes.
  • Options

To be fair when clubs negotiate with manufacturers it is usually a couple of years before the present deal expires, I would imagine although announced now this was a done deal before CARD existed.

No.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

Love Hummel stuff

Me too. I think they did the spurs kits early 90s.
    They also done kits for Aston Villa, Sunderland, Southampton and Coventry City
    And Palace !
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

Love Hummel stuff

They also done kits for Aston Villa, Sunderland, Southampton and Coventry City

Did
  • Options

No.
    I have spoken to nike and mitre before and they are negotiating and concluding deals before a present season starts in relation to a kit for the following season.He told me they have been talking to the club for a couple of years now.Anyway told him not to expect much return whilst the current owners are in situ
  • Options
    edited October 2016

No.
    I have spoken to nike and mitre before and they are negotiating and concluding deals before a present season starts in relation to a kit for the following season.He told me they have been talking to the club for a couple of years now.Anyway told him not to expect much return whilst the current owners are in situ
    Most likely he was speaking last season when club decided to extend contract with Just Sport for another year. Picked up where he left off and now got a deal.

We would normally sign in Sept/Oct for the next summer in my experience but last year they left it very late and so continued with Just Sport. Plus only Just Sport would run the club shop for them.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Stig said:

Another sign of Mare's complete incompetence. What's she doing signing kit deals, when she's supposed to be packing her bags?

Maybe Hummel have paid up front, and she's getting ready to make a break for it with the loot....

I can dream.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Be interesting to find out how much the deal cost Hummel.
  • Options
    PWR ... I won't be buying one
  • Options
    I can dread to think about the focus group if Sue Perks is on it. We'll end up with shorts with big enough pockets to fit in four vol-au-vents and two prawn sandwiches
  • Options
    We won't be their biggest UK client so will get treated accordingly.

Weston Supermare, Curzon Ashton and Mossley AFC being their other UK teams.

Assume her ladyship has already decided on the new home kit and the focus group is just lip service.
  • Options
    I think a good idea would be try and incorporate the players names into the shirt or a picture from that day in 92
  • Options

Love Hummel stuff

Spurs owned the franchise for Hummel in the UK.
    The last season we wore Hummel was 90/91 when we won the FA Cup....

We wore Hummel all the way thru the cup run up to the semi against Arsenal and switched to Umbro for the final.

The Hummel franchise was another Irving Scholar cock up, along with the bodged share floatation to finance the old West Stand. Most of you will remember towards the end of 90/91 when Spurs were in dire financial straights and had to sell Gazza for £8m to Lazio to survive (later reduced to £5.5m after he'd recovered from the ACL injury in the cup final!)

Anyway, I digress. They do lovely kits :)

• Options
    edited October 2016

Assume her ladyship has already decided on the new home kit and the focus group is just lip service.

Well, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt on this one

The cynic in me sees it as an opportunity for the new PR firm to make a meal of this "owner involvement" and whether we take them up on this or ignore it, the new shirt would be sold as being heavily influenced by the fans.

Without doubt, they picked up on a, shall we say, strong negative vibes from the branches meetings, yet they are still approaching them for input into the new shirt design. These are now the only forums they have directly with the fans - outside of CARD. They are also well aware that every branch has a few CARD sympathisers -as well as 'activists'.

However, I can never remember being asked to get this much involved in the choosing of our kit before.

So this is a good move?

Isn't it?

I suppose the only way to see if it was meaningful is to have an input.

Now I wonder if Hummell do a vertically halved Back and White kit?

Something like this..........