Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New 5 Year Kit Deal With Hummel (Away Kit Revealed, pg.19)

Comments

• Options
    Like it should bring rommerdhal back now
  • Options

Nug said:

Quite impressive effort by Hummel. Expect to see them make in roads into this market again.

They will Charlton as a big opportunity to get back into this market which is one reason they are really going for it with the Brooke design, woman's and trust kits, ST box etc.

It's a big deal for them and no doubt one they will cite when bidding for other deals.

And good luck to them I say. They are a business out to make money but all I've seen from them says they try a bit harder to get it right.
    I agree. Is the ST box produced by them?
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Nug said:

Nug said:

Quite impressive effort by Hummel. Expect to see them make in roads into this market again.

They will Charlton as a big opportunity to get back into this market which is one reason they are really going for it with the Brooke design, woman's and trust kits, ST box etc.

It's a big deal for them and no doubt one they will cite when bidding for other deals.

And good luck to them I say. They are a business out to make money but all I've seen from them says they try a bit harder to get it right.
    I agree. Is the ST box produced by them?
    So I was told.

At the pre-view evening the guy from Elite showed us a photo of a similar box they had done for Spurs, scarf and all.
  • Options
    Lucky SMT, seems like they've finally got people involved who know what they're doing and are allowed to crack on and do it. It'll never catch on ;)
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

I really like the new kit. I agree with Nug that the banner under the badge is a bit dated, but taken as a whole I think Hummel have done a great job.

It's my favourite kit since the last Le Coq Sportif one.

You realise the banner is a tribute/the same as the one on the back to the valley kit?
    I didn't realise it was the same design to be fair, but that explains why it looks dated :blush:

Fair play, that makes me like the shirt even more!
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Is it the correct shade of red? Looks slightly off to me, a bit like the first Nike kit we had.
  • Options

red based on this shirt which the museum trustees told them was the right red so they borrowed it.

My own comments were plain and red with white trim and a black and white away kit so they must have listened to me : - )

Answer your question?

• Options
    saw the away kit in the shop window. Looks far better than the photos.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

saw the away kit in the shop window. Looks far better than the photos.

I thought the same, great looking kit. Had to laugh at the massive photo of tex and ceballos used in the window though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    not that keen on the new kit .. too many chevrons for corporals and sergeants and not enough officers .. however, if we have a successful and hopefully promotion making season, the team could turn out in pink and paisley tutus and I'd be happy
  • Options
    Football kits should be worn by children under 10 so I'm quite surprised there are so many people excited about this

I like it and will be buying for the kids although not myself

Stop the negativity
  • Options
    There is a huge market of Full Kit Wankers out there! Grown men straining lycra based material to its limits is part and parcel of the game.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

As an adult male, who plays league football every week am I allowed to purchase one to wear to training?

Or is there something else which is more suited to your tastes?

I wear them for kick abouts, training and even jogging as the material is fantastic for wicking away sweat... it's literally workout wear.
  • Options

As an adult male, who plays league football every week am I allowed to purchase one to wear to training?

Or is there something else which is more suited to your tastes?

Absolutely!

Come on peeps. Buy a football shirt and get out there playing instead of sitting there moaning about all this petty stuff.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talal said:

Definitely gonna be a marmite shirt this one.

No, we are sponsored by BETDAQ
  • Options
    Just seen the player modelling pictures again and I'm almost 100% certain there's no sword on there. Do we think they didn't get the shirt in time to use it? Just used the template shirt with the extra bits added on.
  • Options
    The store at The Valley and the online store are open if you are so inclined

https://clubshop.cafc.co.uk/
  • Options
    edited July 2017
  • Options
    Just ordered my 4 year old boys away shirt, order number 54, I assume the sales count started at midday when it went live, is 54 orders good or bad?
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Just ordered my 4 year old boys away shirt, order number 54, I assume the sales count started at midday when it went live, is 54 orders good or bad?

Depends how busy the store has been.

Start of the holidays so may have been quite a few people going to the store but 54 orders in 7 1/2 hours doesn't seem a great deal.

With most people getting paid at the end of the month it is also a few days early for some if they are planning on buying new kits, hats etc for their summer holidays.

I'd probably say that the truest answer to your question would be...

Christ knows mate
  • Options

DA9 said:

Depends how busy the store has been.

Start of the holidays so may have been quite a few people going to the store but 54 orders in 7 1/2 hours doesn't seem a great deal.

With most people getting paid at the end of the month it is also a few days early for some if they are planning on buying new kits, hats etc for their summer holidays.

I'd probably say that the truest answer to your question would be...

Christ knows mate
    I went in there at 3.15 ish and there was just one other person.
    It's a bit clinical in a professional sort of way.
    These were good value.
  • Options

I really like the new kit. I agree with Nug that the banner under the badge is a bit dated, but taken as a whole I think Hummel have done a great job.

It's my favourite kit since the last Le Coq Sportif one.

Banner under the badge is an example of tradition used in a dated way. Looks like it belongs on a late 80s/early90s CAFC kit, but the Ribero kits we had then were a little behind the times even then. Slightly spoils the home shirt but it's still nice. I really like the away shirt.