Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Botaka

124»

Comments

• Options
    We are not likely to get a new midfielder if Slade continues to think that Croft is doing a good job. Reinforcements will be hard to recruit unless Tex's wages are off the books and that will be difficult seeing as he is not in the shop window or getting game time.
  • Options
    Slade will know that Crofts or Ulvestadt can get injured. He knows we need a couple more there I'm sure. He isn't that stupid.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Says a lot about Slade that Botaka hasn't started a game yet. Always looks a threat when he comes on.

In fairness to Slade, Botaka was getting a few minutes here and there and i'm sure would've then started games but he went and got injured on international duty. He's only just getting back to full fitness, hence his appearance for the U23s today. He'll almost certainly start one (or both) of the cup games.
  • Options
    He wasn't getting enough minutes considering he was doing well when he came on - that is the point.
  • Options

We are not likely to get a new midfielder if Slade continues to think that Croft is doing a good job. Reinforcements will be hard to recruit unless Tex's wages are off the books and that will be difficult seeing as he is not in the shop window or getting game time.

He wanted two - Thompson and Henry. Don't see why that won't still be the case come January.
  • Options

He's not as good as 'we' all think. Typical 'flair' winger. Will do the lob over the head trick like today, buy will also fuck up 10 times in comparison.
    If we are pinning our hopes to him, we're in a worse stayed than I thought

Well we haven't seen much of him yet and already 'he's not as great as we all think'!
    Or have you seen him play more than the rest of us?

Let's try Lookman up front with Magennis, Botaka on the wing.

• Options
    I have seen him mostly do good things.
  • Options
    Agree with most of this, Lookman is stifled out wide and receives the ball too far from goal and whilst stationary, up front he can drop deep and collect and turn or look to link with Magennis.

He won't be here much longer so we may as well try him up there!
  • Options
    I'd have Jacko over Crofts, at least he nicks goals... Don't really see what Crofts offers
  • Options
    Its just a show for pedigree dogs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:

I'd have Jacko over Crofts, at least he nicks goals... Don't really see what Crofts offers

He's there as the holding midfielder, he's not expected to score goals. It would be like expecting goals from Andy Hughes when he was here.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

CAFCsayer said:

He's there as the holding midfielder, he's not expected to score goals. It would be like expecting goals from Andy Hughes when he was here.
    You never lose.